• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crowder Exposes Big Conservative Media's Complicity in Big Tech Censorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

gioGAF

This doesn't seem to have a discussion going anywhere, but it seems pretty relevant to all places that allow discussions to take place.

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/crowder-dont-sign-contracts

This offers some insight as to why we don't have certain options and why certain discussions are not allowed. I'm not blaming the owners of such sites/channels, they are clearly being coerced through demonetization to bend the knee. This isn't a left vs. right thing either, this affects any avenue of media that doesn't conform. That is why we are seeing so many journalists/creators/personalities funded directly by their audiences.

To me, it has been clear that everything over the last few years has been funneled through channels that only allow the accepted narrative. Following the accepted narrative has always been a thing, we had a brief time when the online space wasn't fully controlled and mostly free discussion was allowed. That is all but over now on most mainstream sites or sites that are partnered/hosted/controlled by the mainstream powers that be. This includes most sites, since the big fish (Apple, Alphabet, Microsoft, Meta) have a monopoly on the situation. They don't like what you say = no money for you.

I hope this kind of thing gains traction. There are so many concepts that are being accepted as the norm when they are completely idiotic. For example, there is no "misinformation" in an open system, people have always gone and will always go to their preferred sources. If all points are allowed to exist, it is easier to see those without merit brought down. Right now, people think something is "consensus" and therefore valid. However, it isn't really "consensus", it is just the opinion that has been allowed to stand (crammed down your throat) because everything to the contrary has been removed. The concept of "misinformation" itself can be summarized as: "You are too stupid, we will curate content to make sure you have the correct opinion." No thanks!

Any opinions on this? At the very least, this should serve to inform content creators about these horrible business practices. It is nothing new, people in the entertainment industry have been doing this for decades. Those that purport to teach us about morality and global responsibility have been exploiting everyone and everything around them forever (Dave Chappelle and Paramount Global come to mind).

mortal

Gold Member
stsp-star-trek.gif

gioGAF

Okay, can I edit the headline to remove "Big Conservative"?

I still don't see how this is political, given that the content creator received this information from a "conservative" media outlet. There is no discussion of ideology, left vs. right, etc.

Mistake

Why would this be locked? Nothing political is mentioned.
Crowder is a known political commentator. I think this thread can still remain civil though. Yeah, your title should be more clear.

It’s been long known that companies or agencies do this. One fine example is the music industry and record labels. Personally, I’m quite glad independent creators are finding ways to support themselves and cut the middlemen, since this gives more creative freedom and audiences know better who they are dealing with.

Last edited:
Okay, can I edit the headline to remove "Big Conservative"?

I still don't see how this is political, given that the content creator received this information from a "conservative" media outlet. There is no discussion of ideology, left vs. right, etc.

If this thread does get locked for presenting the matter with more political aspects than are needed, you should know that the Twitter thread contains a lot of discussion concerning government overreach when it comes to censorship. And you're right that this goes beyond politics. It's really about authoritarianism, so it's best to keep the conversation about power and freedom, and avoid tribalism and partisanship. Political labels and parties just divide people, and you don't have to identify with any of that to care about censorship.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom