• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cruis’n creator considering original arcade trilogy for Switch

Bullet Club

Cruis’n creator considering original arcade trilogy for Switch​

ar4io8S.jpg

Could the original Cruis’n arcade trilogy appear on Switch at some point in the future? Series creator Eugene Jarvis does at least seem interested in the idea.

Speaking with Nintendo Everything in a recent interview about the series’ future, Jarvis brought up the possibility of Switch ports that would support full HD. This would feature Cruis’n USA, Cruis’n World, and Cruis’n Exotica.

Jarvis’s full words:

“There’s an old saying that in this forever disposable world, a game coder is only as good as your last line of code (or in the case of an artist, your last pixel!)! So who knows what might happen. One idea would be to do a Switch retro-cade type thing and bring back the classic Cruis’n arcade trilogy – at full HD arcade resolution and 60Hz frame rates on the Switch. 30+ tracks! All 3 theme songs!!!!! “Cruis’n, Cruis’n the World, Yeah Yeah!”. “Cruis’n Exotica – can you dig it?”. I can’t wait…”
There’s nothing set in stone when it comes to bringing the original Cruis’n arcade titles to Switch, but the console will at least be getting the franchise’s latest entry very soon. Cruis’n Blast will be releasing on September 14 as both a physical and digital title.

We’ll have more from our Cruis’n Blast interview in the near future – stay tuned.

Source: Nintendo Everything

00_Zer0

Why didn't Nintendo Everything credit Nintendo Life for this? Unless I didn't see it in the article I do not see where they credit them at all.

and the full interview for context:

Overall, I hope the Switch version of Cruis'n Blast turns out great. The arcade racer is a dying breed and if successful I hope for the remasters and more from Raw Thrills.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Eugene Jarvis was taking part in a Reddit AMA where he was answering questions about his 40-year career in video games.

One user asked if Jarvis was interested in seeing the Nintendo 64 titles Cruis’n USA, Cruis’n World and Cruis’n Exotica on Switch Online.

“I’d love to see it happen!” Jarvis replied. “I’ll talk to Miyamoto and see what we can do!”

Jarvis was then asked if he had any plans for more Cruis’n sequels or remakes, following the positive reception to this year’s Switch port of arcade title Cruis’n Blast.

“I have a fantasy project about revisiting the original Cruis’n trilogy,” Jarvis replies.

“First, as a port to make it run on modern consoles, or possibly even an arcade game.

“Secondly, in my never-ending mental fantasies it would really be cool to redo the entire trilogy of USA, World [and] Exotica with today’s graphics, cars, gameplay and FX, and just have a mega-Cruis’n reboot.”

Doom85

do it jewish GIF

I had World and Exotica for N64, they were a blast. I bought the new one on Switch, just haven’t got around to playing it yet.

Top Bottom