• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 Remastered Trilogy PS5 Gameplay - 4K 60FPS

faisalasif

Suit up and experience the legendary first-person shooter like never before with Crysis Remastered Trilogy.
Play your own way – don the infamous Nanosuit and use it to strategic advantage to tackle sandbox levels however you choose. Take on terrestrial and extra-terrestrial threats across dozens of gorgeous maps, from the tropical Lingshan Islands to the devastated city of New York, all in glorious detail.

The original graphical masterpieces look and perform even better than ever with a host of visual and technology upgrades and hundreds of performance improvements, offering up to 4K textures and a fluid 60FPS experience on next gen consoles.

Crysis Remastered Trilogy offers the original three titles – with incredible upgrades making them look like modern AAAs – for the price of a single game.

Availability

Crysis Remastered Trilogy releases for download on 15th October 2021 on PC, Nintendo Switch and current and next-gen PlayStation and Xbox consoles, containing all three games for $49.99/€49.99/£44.99 – less than the price of a modern next-gen AAA release.

Retail copies containing the full trilogy will be available for PlayStation and Xbox consoles, while individual retail versions for Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 will be available for Nintendo Switch later this year (the retail version of Crysis Remastered released for Switch on 28th September).

Crysis 2 Remastered Trilogy PS5 Gameplay

Crysis 3 Remastered Trilogy PS5 Gameplay

Last edited:

Assaulty

Looks decent I guess although you can obviously tell it's age. I've always thought of Crysis games as decent shooters, but never could bring myself to finish the second and third game (first one was excellent imo). Might pick the trilogy up for a very steep discount down the line

Tschumi

see now... 4k 60... seems like it's the ultimate 'yeah but can it run crysis' equivalent these days... so like, what now?

SkylineRKR

Its a bummer that stealth is still broken according to john. They all see you, its some lame ass AI design. I thought stealth was kinda cool in Crysis, picking off enemies while moving away cloaked.

Star-Lord

Looks a lot better than the last half-assed attempt at remastering Crysis. That said, Crysis 2 always did look decent, even by today’s standards. Upping it to 4K/60 was a no-brainier. Sucks to hear about the botched AI.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I always enjoyed the shit out of the first one, played the 2nd on the 360 but never really got into and never bothered with 3... Could be tempted with this package

Pey.

I found some of my old (2k) shots from Crysis 3 and compared them with Crysis 3 Remastered (4K) in case you want to see. Some are close in comparison, some don't. I also uploaded some more shots and I'm currently uploading two videos: https://www.pcmrace.com/2021/10/15/...is-3-remastered-en-4k-con-detalles-al-maximo/

830531_517047605012214_59919964_o.jpg

Crysis3Remastered-2021-10-15-07-22-24-181.jpg

Revpic1.jpg

Crysis3Remastered-2021-10-15-06-49-21-038.jpg

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Does it have multiplayer? Because I played a lot of Crysis 2 multiplayer... And I might want to play it again...

FeldMonster

Btw, current gen consoles are PS5 and Xbox Series. PS4 and Xbox one are last gen.
I assume the OP copied the text, and did not write it themselves.

And regardless, some people feel differently about the terminology. The term next-gen for Series X/S & PS5/DE will persist until their installed base represents a significant portion of the gaming population.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

TonyK

4k... They use that term with any game in PS5/XseX, even if we all know it's no 4K.

Recently I started Alan Wake in PS5. I read a lot of times that the games is 4K 60fps, but a couple of minutes playing it was enough to check it was blurry. After some findings I discovered it is native 2K output in 4K (I suppose UI is in native 4K). But that upscaled 2K is enough to be translated as 4K in the press.

Shame the price here is spicy in Brazil, even the digital (R$158).

Gonna wait the price drop.

No.
It's 111 bolsonaros if you have plus. I almost bought it but I know I won't play it right now.
Funny how crysis 3 is a little cheaper (R$104).

Fake

It's 111 bolsonaros if you have plus. I almost bought it but I know I won't play it right now.
Funny how crysis 3 is a little cheaper (R$104).

Even Crytek know of the 3 he is the most impopular with short story, some pacing problems and Alpha Ceph.

wardener89

Neo Member
How's the trilogy remastered version on PS5? I also did noticed when I was playing the first remastered that there was issue with input lag on PS5. Did they fix that now for all three games? And at the moment how would you rate this game out of ten as 10 is perfect for each three crysis games. Please share your honest opinion. Thanks

faisalasif

How's the trilogy remastered version on PS5? I also did noticed when I was playing the first remastered that there was issue with input lag on PS5. Did they fix that now for all three games? And at the moment how would you rate this game out of ten as 10 is perfect for each three crysis games. Please share your honest opinion. Thanks
Well, I played on both PS5 and Xbox series x. I did not notice any input lag on PS5 for Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 Remastered. Both Crysis 2&3 are running perfectly. I would rate them 7/10 for Crysis 2 and 8/10 for Crysis 3. I haven't tested the first one but I assume it would be in the same state as before.

SkylineRKR

Crysis 2 feels like a much better port than C1 did. I actually have a lot of fun with it. Its a shame its a PS4 app, so yeah the game stutters when a new level begins and it has loading screens. I think the game looks fine though, just the HDR is fucked. It runs well, plays good too. I enjoy it more than C1 Remaster. Might also get 3 again, I remember enjoying the stealth more in that game but on the whole it felt like an expansion of 2.

Crysis 1 went from unplayable trash to kind of playable. I beat the game on PS5 but its not good. Gameplay is rather awful. Generally I think Crysis 1 somewhat stood the test of time the worst. The first few levels are awesome, but the tank sections and last third with the aliens can suck dick. The VTOL level was shit too, though nice that they added it to consoles. As well as the classic suit controls. But about half of it is a shit game.

Ywap

I bought Crysis 2 Remastered on PC but it always just shut down when i enable Ray Tracing. With it disabled it runs without problems.

This is with the following specs with the latest gpu drivers: 12700k - 32ram - 3080 - Win11

Is there anyone else having this problem and if so: Is there a workaround?

Top Bottom