• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered now runs 81% faster than its launch version

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

At launch, the game had major stuttering issues, and was mostly single-threaded. Thankfully, though, Crytek decided to improve the game’s performance via some post-launch updates.
And now, one and a half years after its launch, we can finally enjoy the game at high framerates.

Main PC system consists of an Intel i9 9900K with 16GB of DDR4 at 3800Mhz, a Samsung 970 Pro SSD 1TB M.2 NVMe, NVIDIA GeForce RTX3080 and Windows 10 64-bit.
In November 2020, Crytek released a patch that offered a 43.75% performance boost in CPU-heavy areas. And with the game’s latest update, we are witnessing an 81% performance increase over its launch version.

Here is the same CPU-heavy scene, using the exact same settings (1080p/Very High). Pay also attention to the CPU utilization (the game uses heavily four CPU cores now).

2020 = 48 FPS
Crysis-Remastered-1080p-Very-High-settings.jpg

2022 = 88 FPS
CrysisRemastered_2022_02_08_21_37_08_741.jpg

winjer

Gold Member
Bought this yesterday, with an 81% discount. So it's a decent deal for the price (4.49€)
Seems to run ok. Can't say it's the best optimized game ever. But I'm not getting performance issues, like stuttering or hitching.

Maybe DF will make a video about this, considering how much they love Crysis. Especially Alex.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
I find it hilarious that the game launched in the same hard as nails to get 60 fps state as it did on its original release back in the day. I had an absolute toaster of a PC back then and had everything set to bare minimum to even achieve 10fps on the lowest possible resolution.

when I shot the petrol cans to blow up buildings, my game would take 20-30 seconds to get through the explosion physics. It was basically a powerpoint presentation and I still loved it.

Mind boggling to think how far graphics and hardware have come since then, this shit melted my brain even on crap settings!

Last edited:

Fake

Maybe DF will make a video about this, considering how much they love Crysis. Especially Alex.

I don't think Alex will make a great job covering this game. The game have a huge list of problems day one, and most of them get ignored by him. IDK if this have anything to do with Alex being a Crysis fan or not, but you can check the Crysis reddit page of this patch.
Well hopefully Alexander Battaglia does another video on it.
Honestly i dont trust him with covering crysis. i know hes a huge fan and everything but the game has horrible stuttering and also has huge frame pacing issue when HDR and DLSS is enabled. i have to reinstall the game to see if this patch fixed it but i highly doubt it.

I don't play Crysis Remastered on PC btw. I play on base PS4 and the game constant crashes, lot of frame pace issues. Is insane seeing my Xbox 360 running with better stability than the PS4 version.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
I don't think Alex will make a great job covering this game. The game have a huge list of problems day one, and most of them get ignored by him. IDK if this have anything to do with Alex being a Crysis fan or not, but you can check the Crysis reddit page of this patch.

I don't play Crysis Remastered on PC btw. I play on base PS4 and the game constant crashes, lot of frame pace issues. Is insane seeing my Xbox 360 running with better stability than the PS4 version.

Yes, he tends to ignore glaring problems, on things he likes.
Most of the time he just points out the positives on Crysis games, or RTX games, or DLSS, or anything related to PC gaming.
Then people find the issues with each game and tech.
He is far from being the most professional reviewer on the DF staff.

But he is such a Crysis fanboy, I wouldn't be surprised if he was already making the video for this update.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
That is good… late than never.

But at the same time shows how games are launched unoptimized nowdays.

If you can get 80% more performance just working a bit more… why not do it before launch? I don’t know… create a period before launch in the project just for optimization.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I see there is still 28% to go, not using GPU to it's limits is weird, if no vsync is engaged.

Top Bottom