• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered Trilogy Release Date Revealed

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Revealed on social media, Crytek announced this afternoon that the Crysis Remastered Trilogy is set to launch next month on October 15. All three games will be releasing for practically all current-gen and last-gen hardware, including PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC. In addition, a launch on Nintendo Switch will also be coming about on this same day. Those on PS5 and Xbox Series X will also have access to more graphical and performance features which includes improved lighting, HD textures, and 4K resolution at 60 frames per second.

While this bundle will be sold as one unit, Crytek has also revealed that each individual title will be purchasable on its own as well. This is most likely due to the fact that a remaster of the original Crysis released on many platforms back in 2020. So for those that may already own the upgraded version of this title, they'll simply have to buy Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 on their own to complete the full collection.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
Why did this go Crysis Remastered, and then Crysis Remastered Trilogy? Is the first Crysis Remastered not the same as the first Crysis in the Crysis Remastered Trilogy?
I guess it is, and I guess it's easier to milk more money from people this way.

Last edited:
Why did this go Crysis Remastered, and then Crysis Remastered Trilogy? Is the first Crysis Remastered not the same as the first Crysis in the Crysis Remastered Trilogy?
I guess it is, and I guess it's easier to milk more money from people this way.
You can buy each entry standalone or all three in a discounted bundle. Not an ideal way to have gone about it and not a perfect appeasement offer for early adopters (especially in light of the horrible state of the remaster at launch).

I doubt they thought there was enough sentiment for the sequels given how fans regarded the design direction after the OG, even at the time. But it’s a quick buck Crytek kinda needs, TBH, and at least encourages them to make games of this ilk rather than chase the next MP fad.

Star-Lord

Never played the series first time around, so I might give this a shot - even though I know Crysis Remastered got a serious bashing, I’m in.

Vagswarm

Only a month away... I'll be waiting for some reactions before jumping in. Been having fun with FPS games lately, and wouldn't mind trying this series.

The whole thing of Crysis was that it was a technical showcase. If they had made a PS5/XSX remaster that had amazing graphics - like the original bullshots - then I might have bought it.

But targeting 2013 consoles (and the friggin Switch) is nonsensical.

Last edited:

Saiyan-Rox

Does this mean the first crysis will get a native PS5 version?

EDIT: Nope. Guess that means it'll still play/look like shit (imo)

Last edited:

fatmarco

As tempted as I am to pre-order this the combination of the state that the the Crysis 1 Remaster launced in, the fact that there's no upgrade path for Crysis 1 Remastered owners, the fact that they're charging premium prices for a quick and easy port job of games that are a decade old and 8 years old each, and the fact that, despite the price they're charging, they aren't even native versions on Series X and Ps5, means that I'm probably going to skip this until sales.

The console versions aren't even getting some form of Raytracing either.

Last edited:

stn

Was it delayed to October? I pre-ordered some time ago and it had a late September release.

ripjoel

They half-ass remastered the first, saying no trilogy... they used the x360 version as baseline, missing stuff and shit perf. Then announce trilogy remaster. Without Warhead... What are these morons doing? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

winjer

Gold Member
I bought the Crysis remastered on Steam, but it was so bad I refunded it after less than an hour.
Considering it has a 50% user score on Steam, I not the only one that was not impressed.
Let's hope these other two remasters are not as lazy and incompetent as the first one.

I bought the Crysis remastered on Steam, but it was so bad I refunded it after less than an hour.
Considering it has a 50% user score on Steam, I not the only one that was not impressed.
Let's hope these other two remasters are not as lazy and incompetent as the first one.

Have they done any fixes to it since release out of interest? I really want to replay Crysis but cba with OG and this remaster looked shit when I initially looked into it.

winjer

Gold Member
Have they done any fixes to it since release out of interest? I really want to replay Crysis but cba with OG and this remaster looked shit when I initially looked into it.

They did release a few patches, that improved the game somewhat.
But it's still a mess. Not worth playing, over the original.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Never played any of these games, I remember the first Far Cry back in the day and that blew my mind how impressive it was back then.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I played a little over half of Crysis 2 yesterday & this morning, but I won't be going back to finish it.

It's not a bad game, but it can't hold my attention anymore. I knew I had become a lot more choosy with FPS campaigns since i last played this game, but I still thought it might hold up to my memories.

I don't really have anything bad to say about it. I wonder if the hardest difficulty might offer more enjoyment. Can't recommend it though. I probably should have revisited the first game instead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom