• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered Trilogy - Teaser Trailer

anthony2690

Banned
To my recollection 1 is the most open one of them, for 2 they really wanted to console-ize it so it's a linear game with "wide linear" hallways, the third one I've only played once in my life so I have very little memories but from what I remember it was a hybrid of 1 and 2, linear progression but in bigger sandbox-ey zones you can tackle either stealthily or like an action shooter.
I just want to play them like an action shooter, just blast through and shoot things as if I'm playing a cod campaign.

It's just something to tide me over till soul hackers 2, plus my other half seems interested in them, so I know she will play them too :)

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
I just want to play them like an action shooter, just blast through and shoot things as if I'm playing a cod campaign.

It's just something to tide me over till soul hackers 2, plus my other half seems interested in them, so I know she will play them too :)

2 and 3 are for you then, they changed the formula to appeal more to the COD mob after the 1st, I like all the games myself. I would still give the 1st game ago though, it is open but not as much as Far Cry, and it starts to feel more linear the further you go.

Crysis 1 is the most sandbox like, it's not "open world" as the level design is very linear, it just has a bigger sandbox in that linearity in which to play in. You can pretty much only go in one direction to advance the narrative/levels. It's very much a linear game, but the level design feels very organic. Crysis 2 is very much more constricted in the "sandbox" sense in that is has less play space and options from which to choose. It feels closer to a CoD campaign than the previous game, but both are still pretty great games. Crysis 3 kind of struck a middle ground where it's a more open sandbox than 2 was, but it's not quite on par with 1.

If you want to just put all 3 games on easy/medium and have a good shooting campaign, you can't go wrong with any of em, but if you want it more like a CoD campaign, 2 and then 3 are gonna be your closest comparisons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom