• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crystal Dynamics claims Perfect Dark development is going ‘extremely well’

Moses85

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling about this and the new Fable game. It seems like MS gave both games to the wrong studios.

Like I said, I really hope I'm wrong because these are two franchises I love and have been waiting years to get new games.
After
Killer Instinct and Battle Toads, I have Zero hope in this Game…

And I love the old Rare Games

That Ezekiel_ Ezekiel_ guy rolls through any and every xbox centric thread throwing laughing emojis at any comment that could possibly show MS in a positive light. Smart way to troll as it goes unmonitored and can't be reported.
It’s a side effect of to many mushroom stamps from Jim Ryan.
I guess that’s what happens when you live under his desk.

Kokoloko85

GOW:R is basically Tomb Raider with a bald dude. Not a bad thing necessarily but they all have the same formula. I expect PD to be more unique with some hacking and stealth and lots of gadgets. But it can't stray too far from the formula.
So its a “walking sim” + Watch dogs. Plenty of “walking sims” as the retards call it have stealth mechanics and gadgets like TLOU, Days gone, Ghost of Tsushima

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
Why did you rofl emoji me Ezekiel_ Ezekiel_ ? You don't think CD can deliver the goods for Mr Booty?
I had to block him. He was doing that to every single one of my posts that are positive about Xbox. He never did it when I am positive about PlayStation. He doesn't like multi console gamers apparently. He is just hardcore trolling.

Last edited:

Markio128

I’ll remain optimistic if the game stays somewhat true to the original Perfect Dark and not the nice looking, but lacklustre reboot.

Seems crystal dynamics will be able to help and they do know how to make games efficiently. I wish we knew what happened at initiative where they couldn't finish it.
Let's hope they are not still years away from release. Microsoft could use some 1st party games.

Mr Hyde

Avengers aside, Crystal Dynamics is a top notch studio. If they play to their strengths, I think PD will come out as a strong entry in the franchise. If done right, the reboot could prove a significant turnaround of the IP since PZDs lukewarm reception. Excited to see the end result.

Chukhopops

I don’t expect it to top the original which is still incredible today, but I expect a mix of TimeSplitters mission structure in more open levels (kind of like Hitman 2016 and sequels).

This would be enough to have a really good time.

splattered

I wonder if we'll get another glimpse this year at the game awards? Would love to see it in its current form, even if it's a bit rough haha really curious about this one

nowhat

That it is AaAaAA fantastic game and ahead of its time. I mean, that game has 6 As on its name, while game nowadays only have 4. Clearly a misunderstood piece of art that should have been appreciated more.
While I agree with you, the full name is "AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! — A Reckless Disregard for Gravity", so there are many more A's in it.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
While I agree with you, the full name is "AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! — A Reckless Disregard for Gravity", so there are many more A's in it.
Clearly the game is so far ahead that even I can't comprehend it completely. That's the power of it's As.

Can't be alone on misinterpreting it though, otherwise it wouldn't be known solely by "AaAaAA", instead of its actual name.

Last edited:
Top Bottom