• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crystal Dynamics has announced it is now developing the next TOMB RAIDER

Darsxx82

Isn't Microsoft making Perfect Dark internally? Perhaps I am thinking of something else.
The Initiative (currently out of 40 developers) and Crystal dinamics currently co-develop PerfectDark. It was this agreement that caused almost half of the original IT staff (was 80-100 devs) to leave when they felt their leading role in the project was committed.

Bigfroth

lara croft underworld GIF by Tomb Raider
bring back Tombs in your new Tombraider game, please.

Varteras

Gold Member
The Initiative (currently out of 40 developers) and Crystal dinamics currently co-develop PerfectDark. It was this agreement that caused almost half of the original IT staff (was 80-100 devs) to leave when they felt their leading role in the project was committed.
Probably doesn't help that Gallagher, the director for the project, sounds like another Garvin from Sony Bend. Doesn't listen to feedback and micromanages everything. Slowing down the process and acting like everyone is just his puppet to execute his vision.

ZoukGalaxy

Please don't be a survival thingy🤞
Really hated the trilogy. Give us our strong beloved Lara and go back to the original formula : exploration
Copy/Paste Uncharted, I don't care.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Needs some decent reinvention. Got so bored of the last one I dropped it halfway through, which was very surprising as I quite liked the first two. The same thing on repeat gets grating, though.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Needs some decent reinvention. Got so bored of the last one I dropped it halfway through, which was very surprising as I quite liked the first two. The same thing on repeat gets grating, though.

Most games are the same though, same game but a couple of new things. If it works it works. Personally enjoyed all 3 but i know quite a few didn’t like the last one so you ain’t alone

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Most games are the same though, same game but a couple of new things. If it works it works. Personally enjoyed all 3 but i know quite a few didn’t like the last one so you ain’t alone

Yep, I loved Arkham Knight when a lot of others didn't. For me the loop in those Tomb Raider games just didn't hit the third time at all. Hilariously easy and a paper thin plot, such a shame it fell apart for me because it looked great.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Yep, I loved Arkham Knight when a lot of others didn't. For me the loop in those Tomb Raider games just didn't hit the third time at all. Hilariously easy and a paper thin plot, such a shame it fell apart for me because it looked great.

I liked Arkham knight to, I haven’t gone back to any of the tomb raider games or Arkham knight which could speak volumes really

iorek21

Nice! For the first time ever we'll get a pink-haired Lara Croft in a brilliant modernization of a retrograde character from the 90s!

Elios83

It will have amazing graphics but please bring back classic Lara and usual boring open world for the sake of it.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Good news. Liked the new trilogy and hope they continue on this path. Although I do hope their next game is more like the original reboot, which had least bloat of them all. One of the reasons why I actually replayed it a couple of times.
But who am I kidding… Modern gamers love their bloat…

Last edited:

theHFIC

With development times at an all time high, I'm looking forward to this as a cross-gen PS5/PS6 release!

I wonder if it's going to be another reboot, or if it's going to be a continuation of the other ones, wasn't it supposed to be a trilogy or am I confusing that with another game?

Romulus

Tired of this franchise but I understand it has a base of fans. Would much rather Legacy of Kain reboot. The story and characters are incredibly interesting to me.

I wonder because they’re developing perfect dark on UE5 since the initiative was use unreal made them go unreal for tomb raider also.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
They just started ?? Ffs this gen gonna sucks waiting for big games on unreal engine 5. See you guys in 2025

And no. I don’t count ps4/Xbox one games on ps5/series x a next gen games . Including halo and horizon forbidden banana
Worse generation since Baby Boomers.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
The first reboot game was a decent start but the character regression of Lara in the last two was pathetic

To top it off the reboot was unnecessary since Underworld was a pretty awesome comeback after the so-so PS2 TR era

Last edited:

Fredrik

Awesome!
Make Lara hot, badass attitude, focus on exploration and puzzles, no hand-holding, more wild life, environmental dangers, traps, less soldiers, make her a treasure hunter and not a freedom fighter, bring back dual pistols, sun glasses, shorts, curves, braided ponytail.

PhaseJump

Banned
Nice. Hopefully after Sega's purchase next Wednesday, Microsoft will keep it's wallet handy to make Acquisition of the Tomb Raider the best game in the new series, after the last one they threw cash at.

Orta

Banned
Rise was by some distance the best TR since the original. Delighted CD are back on board and can't wait to see this on PC. Hopefully the loss of Nixxes to that other mob won't be a problem.

Kimahri

Banned
They just started ?? Ffs this gen gonna sucks waiting for big games on unreal engine 5. See you guys in 2025

And no. I don’t count ps4/Xbox one games on ps5/series x a next gen games . Including halo and horizon forbidden banana
People want sexier games that suck every drop of power from their hardware.

This is the inevitable result.

Top Bottom