• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crystal Dynamics playtest invite for May 2023 - Check your Email

Got an email from Crystal Dynamics. Check yours if you filled out the Legacy of Kain / Soul Reaver survey and signed up for the playtest

From the email:
Hello!

You are receiving this email because you are on the Crystal Dynamics playtester list. Crystal Dynamics will be hosting playtests for a new game from May 3-12. The playtests will be remote so you can participate from home as long as you have a PC or Mac, web camera, microphone, and the Microsoft Teams app installed. Each playtest will last 1 hour, and participants will receive a $50 Amazon gift card as incentive. If you would like to volunteer, please complete the following survey before Friday, April 21. Once you complete the survey, if you fit the profile we are looking for, you will be contacted by phone before Saturday, April 22, for a brief 5-minute interview before we can schedule you for the playtest. Please let me know if you have any questions.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
if you filled out the Legacy of Kain / Soul Reaver survey and signed up for the playtest
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Pasta la Vista Pasta la Vista you now have the obligation to send me a pm after this playtest and tell me EVERYTHING.

Came here hoping for a Tomb Raider playtest. But seems like it's probably Soul Reaver. :(
Ahh yeah actually wasn't there some rumor or news of a new Tomb Raider in development? It actually seems to more likely be that. Email says the playtest is for PC and Mac users though so I don't know. Maybe the playtest will be over a cloud service... anyone's guess at this point.

Last edited:

ShaikhCroft

Ahh yeah actually wasn't there some rumor or news of a new Tomb Raider in development? It actually seems to more likely be that. Email says the playtest is for PC and Mac users though so I don't know. Maybe the playtest will be over a cloud service... anyone's guess at this point.
Yeah Tomb Raider announced with a logo and it is using Unreal Engine 5. Might take a while. I think it went into production last year, in that case a test-ready version might not be in the horizon.

RagnarokIV

I'm guessing US only as I never had any invite, despite completing the survey originally. Can someone just post the deets here after it?

RagnarokIV

One of the guys who was in my band moved to London years back, he does QA stuff, we had a catch up online last night and he knows I love LOK. He asked me if I played the "legacy of kain enhanced edition" yet. No, there's no such thing released.
Apparently he done QA on this.
Bit of background: Soul Reaver PC version is inferior and crap for many reasons - no dynamic music which ruins the atmosphere, bad controls etc.
This is like a Nightdive esque remaster/QOL change

He says the game has a launcher (like old PC games) where you select your res and a few other things before starting the game. Then it puts you to the classic main menu where the priests change to vampires slowly.
it has dynamic music and a quicksave. I told him Arnie's dad in Twins was the elder god, but he's died, had the voices changed? He says he doesn't think so but he mostly skipped cutscenes because that's not what he was checking (cutscenes couldn't be skipped in all original versions).

Why I don't believe him:
-He is a joker

Why I do believe him:
-Soul Reaver hasn't been relisted on GOG or Steam, and even after many required mods the releases are bad due to no dynamic music and other bugs
-This playtest is PC/mac only
-This playtest is being arranged via email with random survey participants over the internet - hardly leak proof for a big new game. Suits something smaller and low-key
-he said his QA work was done "a few months ago"

Top Bottom