• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crystal Dynamics takes control of its most beloved games

Youre The Best GIF by Rhino Records
breathtaking-youre-breathtaking.gif

I Entourage I

Neo Member
Bois and girls we've hit the mecha with this announcement. Damn is Tomb Raider a good looking and playing OG Xbox One game, but that Engine next gen will make you shit you pants I hope.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
what is that other than those? Their website shows Gex and Cpt America/Avengers and some pig I don't know but in their history there are no other franchises than the two they named and Gex. "Several incl" sounds like a lot more than there is?

Thief and Deus Ex is now attached to Eidos Montreal? Are those two working more separate now since their last games were to some degree co-produced?

New Gex when?

tommib

New Deus Ex when??

Tomb Raider came first

Lol @ the idea of generic ass Horizon being the original of anything. Assassins Creed ass series
Came first doing what? Tomb Raider was totally original until it started mimicking Uncharted and ended up as an Uncharted clone with lite-RPG bloat. The next logical step is to clone open-world bloat like Horizon - which cloned AssCreed, yes.

Arachnid

Came first doing what? Tomb Raider was totally original until it started mimicking Uncharted and ended up as an Uncharted clone with lite-RPG bloat. The next logical step is to clone open-world bloat like Horizon - which cloned AssCreed, yes.
I didn't say Tomb Raider was the original generic bow stealth collectathon trash game. Just that Horizon sure as shit isn't.

Also, UC wasn't stealth until 4. The only thing one could try to argue that TR aped from it is set pieces, but Tomb raider has had set pieces since the older entries. UC aped Tomb Raider in terms of general story and feel, if anything. If TR aped anything, it's Far Cry and AC, just like Horizon.

Top Bottom