• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crytek Asks About Ryse: Son Of Rome, Gets Huge Response From Xbox Fans - "Please bring it back"

R.658bca0234eb2ae5731de2188d2761d4

Like Killsone on PS4, it was a tech demo for visuals on Xbox One.

There was a solid albeit generic game under the graphics, but that was really the whole purpose of Ryse.

Titanfall took it's place very quickly with the Xbox marketing team.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Fuck no, unles they totally revamp the combat system because it was boring, I remember that I could play the fights in it on high dificulty with one hand.

But why? It looked good but was bang average. I understand the green team are desperate for games but they’ve got much better things coming.

diffusionx

Gold Member
lol nobody cares about Ryse, of course I am sure Crytek would make a new one if MS writes them a big check

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I liked this one and the order a lot, to this day I think both were used as a console war fuel and are criminally underrated, yes they have their flaws but they we're amazing experiences that deserved sequels to improve.
This. Both games were treated unfairly

Klosshufvud

Can't help but feel that both MS and Sony made more daring games at the start of 8th gen than they are now. I enjoyed Ryse of Rome but it was a bit undercooked which is why a sequel could have been a true test of its potential.

TaroYamada

Incredible technical showcase and imo one of the most impressive games *today* on Steam Deck. But gameplay wise, nothing special.

TrueLegend

This game sequel will appeal to me more than Hellblade. Weirdly, Hellblade gets a sequel but this doesn't. Just imagine Ryse II but with bigger gameplay areas. The setting is poised for a sequel.

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I recently played the game for the first time and it doesn’t need a remake, but a sequel would be welcome.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I played it but I didn't particularly like it.

They could change the combat system and it'd be like a whole new game, that was the downfall - that the gameplay didn't feel particularly interesting or fun. There's just not enough there.

I played it some months ago, and liked it. Graphics were great, gameplay variety nice, rather easy but imho many games miss the mark on what normal difficulty is supposed to be anyway so also refreshing, the story felt a bit uncooked and rushed, especially the ending felt like launch window restraints did cut dev time short. But defintiely would welcome another one. I assume The Order could be similar and Ryse kind of heightened my interest in playing the Order. There are eras and character styles that should be in more games. Rome, Greeks, Turks, Mongols, Napoleon, despite being conquerers and kinda the bad guys, wars have interesting stories.

CRAIG667

I'd love a sequel, I really enjoyed it. All they need to do is add some more depth to the combat and it would be a legit AAA masterpiece imo

Drizzlehell

Banned
Great tech and cool setting but kind of a mid game. I hope they will bring it back, but also that they will make an actual good game out of it.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
This and the the order 1886 on Playstation are 2 of the most underrated games of the previous gen that could improve LOTS with a sequel...

Was it flawed ? yes.
Was it repetitive? sure.
Still, its length was just right and it didn't overstay its welcome, the characters while 1-dimensional were still interesting and voiced well and the whole atmosphere was spot-on.
Again, just like the order 1886, a sequel would just need to have its gameplay systems expanded as to not be as monotonous with some hours of playtime added in.

One of the most interesting AAA MS exclusives, shame it was abandoned and overlooked so quickly, MS needs more of this kind of game(s) IMO.

Stuart360

The York level, maxed out on PC, honestly STILL blows away nearly every game released today. The story was great and interesting i thought, but damn the gameplay, its tedious and boring as hell.

Yeah i get it, it started as a Kinect game, but fuck me, i can literally only play around an hour at a time before i'm bored to tears. I have never actually finished the game because of it.

I loved rise, thought it was worth an 8 out of 10. Just lacked variety with the enemies. I played it on the hard difficulty and found the game play enjoyable. A sequel could easily sort the issues out anyway.

Robb

Gold Member
I tried it out on GamePass a while back, it wasn’t all that fun though. Never finished it.

It was a reworked Kinect game, originally announced as codenamed Kingdoms during the late 360 days. Personally I enjoyed it and thought visually it was one of the most impressive launch titles from last generation.

Top Bottom