• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

cs_assault source screenies WOO!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
about damned time i tell ya!

Apparently there's some news features to the map that helps eliminate the terrorist advantage.

Haters be damned, cs_assault ruled. It actually took skill to win with CT (the side i always try to be on) :)

CS_Assault_03.jpg

CS_Assault_02.jpg

suaveric

I wonder if there's ever going to be a real Counter Strike 2. I don't see much need if they're going to bring everything over to Source

Haters be damned, cs_assault ruled. It actually took skill to win with CT (the side i always try to be on)

Yep, Assault is my favourite cs map, and I almost always played ct for this reason. It's so much more rewarding, which is why I hate this -

Apparently there's some news features to the map that helps eliminate the terrorist advantage.

I like how the balance is skewed, and...I don't like the look of the map from those screenshots, it looks like train; that is, totally fugly. Oh well, at least it's not set at night ala assault 2k, what a piece of shit that was...

Monk

Banned
I swear snipers are the only reason that Quake can be considered better than CS, Atleast you can actually dodge in that game. Though quad damage kills it for me. If you don't know where that secret door leading to the quad damage is, you already lost. Secret doors are also on my hate list.

Daigoro

i know im ages late to the party, but i just started playing CS:S this week.

i still suck at it, but had just started getting the hang of the whole thing and really started enjoying myself. i saw myself putting a large amount of time into playing this game. it was that much fun.

and then the BF2 demo came out... :(

i still have a strong desire to play CS, but the urge is being pummeled into submission by the BF2 demo.

ill come back to you one day Counter Strike!

The game requires strategy, skill, and teamwork, thats what makes it so great. there are flashbangs, smoke and frag grenades at your disposal, if you can use them you are that much better off against a good sniper. I've played cs for years, and every single person that whined about snipers just plain wasn't good enough to keep up with the best, and thats why they were frusterated.

Well to be fair most games require a level of strategy and skill, its the teamwork that would set things apart but since you cant get a good game without joining a clan thats out the window too.

Hey, I play bf1942, and bf2, games with worse team players than CS, just sayin ;)

Zer0

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
Well to be fair most games require a level of strategy and skill, its the teamwork that would set things apart but since you cant get a good game without joining a clan thats out the window too.

Hey, I play bf1942, and bf2, games with worse team players than CS, just sayin ;)

you may try forgotten hope for battlefield,red orchestra for unreal or day of defeat,u can have excelente team play without a clan

Go on Gamesurge, get in some CS channels, ask for players to join a pick up game, spam some scrim channels for a match against a team with a server, insta team game.

Sometimes in cs you just have to speak up and formulate a plan, or find a better server. Most of the time your teammates are retarded though for sure.

They should seriously port Counter-Strike: Source to the Xbox 360. I have Half-Life 2 on PC, and I'll probably get it on Xbox...But CS: Source in the X360, would definitely make a nice addition to the library.

Ronok

It's good to have atleast 10 friends you know who play cs regularly as well...... I mean me and my friends all decided to start up a clan ourselves...... Honestly we don't take it very seriously but taking over a server can be pretty fun when there is nothing else to do...... XD

DopeyFish

captainbiotch said:
The game requires strategy, skill, and teamwork, thats what makes it so great. there are flashbangs, smoke and frag grenades at your disposal, if you can use them you are that much better off against a good sniper. I've played cs for years, and every single person that whined about snipers just plain wasn't good enough to keep up with the best, and thats why they were frusterated.

No. that is fucking incorrect and you know it.

I've played CS since the early betas. There was this one time I was getting reamed with awps... i was CT on cs_assault. The entire team of Ts. I was so pissed off i told them that if i bought an awp and aced their team... would they stop using awps. After killing every single person on their team with the awp... they proceeded to use some of the skilled weapons.

AWP is not a skill weapon. The fact you can kill someone by shooting him in the foot (when he's at full health and armor) is pretty fucking ridiculous.

imagine playing de_dust 2... you want to go defend B base, so you cut across the center double doors. If someone at T spawn has an awp, he could kill you by shooting you basically anywhere, if he had any other weapon, unless it's a headshot... you're making it past those doors. It's an unbalanced weapon.Why? Because to counter an awper you almost always need an awper on your team. Eventually it ends up becoming where everyone on both teams have one. Name another game that has that effect. surely not any rifles... not the m249 machine gun. not shotguns. not any other sniper rifle. not any pistol.

It brings the game down to such boring levels of combat just because it's better not to risk your ass to get a lucky shot off. It don't matter if you have grenades or not. If you're in a confined area you'd have to expose yourself to make any use of the grenades. Flash bangs and smoke grenades are becoming more useless because of players fucking with the client side of the game.

You can try pulling the "oh you're not good at countering snipers" bullshit like every other fucking sniper does, but it doesn't change the fact that it implicates the game in a way that it shouldn't. Hell. It's not even the most expensive weapon in the game. They should take out the awp and leave all the other ones, like the scout, the multi-shot rifles. Those ones actually take skill. They'll never change it because of all the noobs that would shit their pants all across the globe.

to close, i will say the following

cs classic 4 lyfe fool

*bunny hops*

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
I've always felt that that the modified version of Assault called Delta_Assault is a superior map.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
The AWP isn't cheap, quit bitching and learn the timing between shots so you can dodge better. Unless you're going up against someone who's CAL-i, they are going to miss. Hell, smoke grenades are so much more effective now that they actually are useful. Using Assault as a map to rant against the cheapness of the AWP isn't quite fair because no other map is designed as one-sided as it with entrances that can all be easily covered by an awp (at least, official maps).

This is all coming from a player who never snipes at all in CS, btw.

Lyte Edge, I understand what you mean from the point of view of a lone player in a pub on an unbalanced map, but playing the game the way it was meant to be played, the awp is a balanced and perfectly counterable weapon. AWPing takes skill when you aren't shooting noobs in a barrel. Sure they often can't be taken headon, but what would be good about a realism based game where snipers are a joke? I enjoy the challenge.

DopeyFish

it's basic sniping.

Once i got scouting down (2 days full training) I was awping like a madman. It isn't that hard to master.

But again, must I point to the balance issue again? There isn't another weapon in the game that will kill you if you're shot in the foot, or the arm, or in the stomach. And there's no other weapon in the game that actually forces you to buy one to counter another.

I'm fine with most sniping in most games, but awp is one of those cases where it's completely broken.

And this is coming from someone who has played in leagues. And CAL-i clans were almost always a walk in the park.

DopeyFish

It does in CSv16 especially in the stomach (guarantee kill)

legs or whatever will kill you a lot of the time, or take you down to 10 health...

Top Bottom