• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CUPHEAD: The Delicious Last Course (DLC) OUT NOW!!

BeardGawd

Banned
Cuphead is probably my favorite game of last gen. Just a beautifully realized game with an AMAZING artstyle, huge inventive bosses and some of the best hand drawn animation you will find in any game. It's part platformer, part shmup and part boss rush. If you're into a challenge I strongly suggest checking this game out! From Software could never!

This will sadly be the last bit of content for such a classic game. And it's only $7.99!!

For more details see here:

Bought it for my ten year old this morning.

I was amazed watching him play Cuphead. Levels that I would either barely beat or rage and quit out of, this little fucker would pass with ease never taking damage.

When his download started he said “I better train on the first one!” and started a new game on it.

Can’t wait to see how much he enjoys the DLC.

BeardGawd

Banned

I was amazed watching him play Cuphead. Levels that I would either barely beat or rage and quit out of, this little fucker would pass with ease never taking damage.

When his download started he said “I better train on the first one!” and started a new game on it.

You might have a lil genius on your hands there haha

You did good.

I liked Cuphead enough to do a no-deaths run. I bought it on the MS Store or whatever originally, doesn't show up in the Xbox/GamePass app at all for some reason. Should have just waited for the game to release on Steam, piece of shit MS Store doesn't ask me to install the DLC after purchasing, just automatically does it, then complains that it failed because the original game isn't installed. Yeah no shit maybe you should have a dependency check or just not fucking auto-install and let me do it.

Impotaku

It's price is way too cheap, with the quality on offer i'm going to double dip and get it for my ps4 as well they deserve the cash.

Holammer

I bought it just because I like the devs and the original. If I actually play it, that's just a bonus.
Never managed to crack the last boss fight/event until I drifted away from it.

This was good.

There were a couple of boss phases I didn't like (the second phase of the Glumstone the Giant fight where the enemies pop out of the floor under you, and the first phase of the Esther Winchester fight which is just crazy chaotic) but otherwise the main bosses are a lot of fun. The quality is higher than the base game on average, and the difficulty is about on par with the later bosses from the base game I think... Although the final boss is sort of too easy.

The extra bosses that you beat using counters are fun— except the knight who has way too much HP for how simple he is— but they're a lot easier than bosses in the rest of the DLC so they feel out of place. You can do a gauntlet but you recover HP between rounds so it's not really much more challenging.

Haven't done expert yet but I will do... And there's some secret I haven't figured out yet so maybe there's more to this? I don't know if that's just for reviving the new character or if there's a secret boss or whatever...

Edit: oh yeah the new character is cool. I really like the parry dodge, it's especially good because of how awkward the jump parry is sometimes

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

What to want what lies in wait for you on the new Cuphead DLC Isle? Get a taste with the first 9 minutes of Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course gameplay, played on the PC.

Last edited:

Rran

Played the first couple bosses, it's great. Definitely a challenge on-par with the latter half of the original games so far, but still very doable. The visuals and sound are spot-on as expected. Ms Chalice seems good although I wish the game kept track of her rankings separate from the boys, just to give me extra stuff to shoot for.

Last edited:

Beechos

Just finished the game, i guess this old man still got it. Thought the dlc was on the easy side compared to the main game.

Impotaku

Cuphead is very overhyped and overrated.
e26.jpg

Why so salty
tumblr_pa5304Qr7Q1r36v45o4_400.gifv

Just finished the game, i guess this old man still got it. Thought the dlc was on the easy side compared to the main game.
I felt like it was kinda easy but then I replayed the first two isles and they were no problem whatsoever. I think the DLC is on par with the late-game bosses in the original.

I was actually super disappointed by the optional boss the angel and devil fight. Once you figure out the gimmick it's trivially easy. It feels like an extended first phase of a boss, not a whole thing unto itself.

Beechos

I felt like it was kinda easy but then I replayed the first two isles and they were no problem whatsoever. I think the DLC is on par with the late-game bosses in the original.

I was actually super disappointed by the optional boss the angel and devil fight. Once you figure out the gimmick it's trivially easy. It feels like an extended first phase of a boss, not a whole thing unto itself.
Yeah it was easy the boss just hadbsobmuch health it was more like an endurance test. The kings coliseum boss that was like a dark soulsesque battle was the most interesting.

anthony2690

Banned
I used my reward points on Ender Lillies instead, maybe I'll grab it at the end of the month, depending what I'm playing by then.

It's crazy to think this dlc took 5 years after the launch of the game, a lot of my interest for this game has waned.

He could give Dean Takeshi some pointers.

Top Bottom