• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course - Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Another helping of classic Cuphead action awaits you in Cuphead - The Delicious Last Course! Brothers Cuphead and Mugman are joined by the clever, adventurous Ms. Chalice for a rollicking adventure on a previously undiscovered Inkwell Isle! With the aid of new weapons, magical charms, and Ms. Chalice’s unique abilities, players will take on a new cast of fearsome, larger than life bosses to assist the jolly Chef Saltbaker in Cuphead’s final challenging quest! For all those with an appetite for adventure, be ready to set sail for D.L.C. Isle when The Delicious Last Course launches on PlayStation 4 on June 30, 2022.

A LITTLE far away. Like I already forgot to play the game. Either I suck at it now or the xbox controller fucked me up a little when I was playing with my cousin.

I already Platinum’d the game. The game feels like it was made to be platinum’d. One of my favorites.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

I'm glad we finally have a release date. It's a long wait until June 30, but that will give me an opportunity to replay the original game.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'm excited about the DLC even though I no longer have the reflexes to beat the main game. I just like looking at it.

Saber

Gold Member
I still play the game ocasionally, trying to beat the rest of boss with rank A on experts(already beat the game on expert). This gonna make me back for good.

I like this female character animations, though I wish they could use that cookie girl for the second world. Her design is so cool.

Also, when this gonna ever be released?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We got our first big look at Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course, the long-awaited DLC for the popular animated boss-rush game that adds plenty of new bosses as well as Miss Chalice, a new playable character. Cuphead DLC will be released on June 30 for Xbox, PlayStation, PC, and Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

According to Maja Moldenhauer, the sheer volume of animations in Delicious Last Course stemmed from the team’s desire to bring to life everything they had left on the cutting room floor of the original Cuphead, with a playable Miss Chalice serving as a catalyst for the rest.

“We really wanted to experiment with the art form…I don't have an inventory yet or a frame count, but it is comparable to the entire core game in this one DLC. [...] With the additional frames of animation, we moved from that more basic style, early thirties [Disney], closer to Fantasia. I say that loosely, it is not anywhere near Fantasia quality, but it's something we strive for, something we aspire to,” Moldenhauer says.

Moldenhauer quips later that the members of StudioMDHR are the “kings and queens of scope creep,” which is one of the reasons Delicious Last Course is such an animation monstrosity. Originally, the DLC was limited to Miss Chalice and “five supersized bosses,” but quickly other ideas were thrown into the mix, including a specific one Moldenhauer can’t mention just yet that’s “going to be a surprise for everybody.”

“One of the things that we're known for are boss transformations in the core game,” she continues. “One thing that we did this time was location transformations. In the Mortimer Freeze boss fight that you'll see, he's not in the same arena through the whole fight. Every phase brings you to a new location, which means lots more watercolor background paintings.”

Delicious Last Course also offered its animators a different degree of freedom with boss designs that they hadn’t had in the original game due to the design process itself. In Cuphead, Moldenhauer says the team asked composer Kris Maddigan to “make a whole bunch of music” that they then paired to each boss after it was designed. It’s a process that Moldenhauer describes as “disorganized,” though she admits it worked well enough given Maddigan’s ability and the variety of music he came up with.

But this time, they flipped the process on its head.

“We had the bosses cemented in our heads,” she says. “We knew exactly the cadence that they were going to, whether they were high energy, what the theme was. Then we debriefed him on these levels and bosses and said, ‘Now go.’ Then they're very tailored and specific…we went all out. The original soundtrack had 65 musicians. This one has 110. Really just to help put things into perspective and scale versus like the core game.”

Orta

Banned
Its the cover feature on this months Edge magazine along with a world exclusive review. Had a quick peek, 9/10. Didn't bother reading.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Cuphead - Delicious Last Course soundtrack is comprised of over 110 musicians, performing big band & symphonic music. In Summer of 2021, Studio MDHR brought those musicians together for a series of carefully planned recording sessions. This is an exclusive look at how some of the game’s music was created.

Meanwhile, another helping of classic Cuphead action awaits you in Cuphead - The Delicious Last Course! Brothers Cuphead and Mugman are joined by the clever, adventurous Ms. Chalice for a rollicking adventure on a previously undiscovered Inkwell Isle! With the aid of new weapons, magical charms, and Ms. Chalice's unique abilities, players will take on a new cast of fearsome, larger than life bosses to assist the jolly Chef Saltbaker in Cuphead's final challenging quest! For all those with an appetite for adventure, be ready to set sail for D.L.C. Isle when The Delicious Last Course launches for Nintendo Switch on June 30, 2022.

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
How many levels is in this DLC? This is in my top ten games of all time easily. If there’s not much in this DLC I’d rather wait another year or whatever and them make it a full sequel. Can’t wait regardless. Me and my son went through hell to beat the game. Found it a lot easier solo though. I enjoyed it more playing co op because it requires both players not to fuck up. Constantly blaming each other with frustration lol. Good times

Top Bottom