• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Current Graphics king on any platform?

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I am a diverse gamer. Best way to put it is I am a fan of games not platforms. Currently I own a PS5, Switch lite, and a Quest 2. My buddy has a series S and a gaming pc. My point is I have exposure to a lot of different platforms. My pick is a game that looks and plays like a cinematic experience. It's a game that rivals pixar movies while being really fun at the same time. My personal pick is:

Ratchet and Clank: A rift apart

This game sets the standard for not only this current console generation but for any game in the foreseeable future.

It checks all the boxes: 4k, 60fps, Ray tracing, amazing art. This game looks so good that is may end up being the best looking game on the ps5/xsx generation. I know there are games on beastly pc's that can push higher resolution and more frames but IMO I haven't seen anything on the pc that matches this game yet either. Just a few examples and for your reference these are not BULLSHOTS! The game looks this good especially with a proper tv set.

Rift-Apart-2.jpg

UqrWkub39s6DugwoQ7LysZ-1200-80.jpg

RACRA_NefariousCity_Bazaar.png

RACRA_Juggernaut_Legal-scaled.jpg

ratchet-clank-rift-apart-gioca-maratona-oggi-14-00-v4-522816.jpg

1623417710_maxresdefault-1024x576.jpg

RC_RiftApart_Heroes_PS5-2060x1159.jpg

ChiefDada

Gold Member
As of today, I have to give it to Cyberpunk on PC.

The only thing holding me back from choosing Ratchet is that the game is too linear and environments are very restricted. Cyberpunk's sheer scale is the deciding factor for me here.

But ask me again on Friday and my answer will change to Horizon Forbidden West.

Banjo64

cumsessed
As of today, I have to give it to Cyberpunk on PC.

The only thing holding me back from choosing Ratchet is that the game is too linear and environments are very restricted. Cyberpunk's sheer scale is the deciding factor for me here.

But ask me again on Friday and my answer will change to Horizon Forbidden West.
Cyberpunk doesn’t have phat 4k space monkey ass like Rivet tho.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It;s ratchet, but Guardians and Horizon FW look almost as good so it's not like it is leagues ahead of everything else out there.

Insomniac's decision to focus on native 4k is baffling to say the least. They left a lot of performance on the table leaving themselves with just as much of a pixel budget as cross gen games like Horizon FW and Guardians.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It;s ratchet, but Guardians and Horizon FW look almost as good so it's not like it is leagues ahead of everything else out there.

Insomniac's decision to focus on native 4k is baffling to say the least. They left a lot of performance on the table leaving themselves with just as much of a pixel budget as cross gen games like Horizon FW and Guardians.
Dude I finished guardians on pc. Flarking amazing looking game. I almost forgot !!!
This is maxed on my pc with 3080 4k dlss
Wui0AoS.jpg

JEh582B.jpg

yxCH8dG.jpg

JLUi3tR.jpg

To be honest, I would Still rate Death Stranding and tlou2 higher than any of those. But I only have ps4 slim screenshots. Need to replay on ps5.
And of course Metro exodus pc rtx edition. Will post some shots later. I replayed it last month

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Guardians is absolutely nowhere near Ratchet, in any shape or form. On PS5 at least. So unless the PC version looks like a generation better, nope, that's not it.

SlimySnake

Guardians is absolutely nowhere near Ratchet, in any shape or form. On PS5 at least. So unless the PC version looks like a generation better, nope, that's not it.
Guardians looks absolutely unreal on PS5. I played in the native 4k and the ray tracing mode. This screenshot is from the ray tracing mode.

FEsm6WBX0AIjZKx

If anything the screenshots dont do it justice because like Deus Ex Mankind, every scene in the game is full of so much detail it is an eyegasm. The game has no reason looking this good.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
As someone who likes to fly low close by to my home city on my Series S;

It would be limited by the resolution of the imagery, the provider, as well as the BIM or terrain models used. Some areas are incredible, some aren't.

It's the entire world though and your are on a Series S...

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Guardians looks absolutely unreal on PS5. I played in the native 4k and the ray tracing mode. This screenshot is from the ray tracing mode.

FEsm6WBX0AIjZKx

If anything the screenshots dont do it justice because like Deus Ex Mankind, every scene in the game is full of so much detail it is an eyegasm. The game has no reason looking this good.
NICE!
They added RT to ps5 4k version? I played it on pc but good to know.. I kinda want to replay it

The_hunter

Dude I finished guardians on pc. Flarking amazing looking game. I almost forgot !!!
This is maxed on my pc with 3080 4k dlss
Wui0AoS.jpg

JEh582B.jpg

yxCH8dG.jpg

JLUi3tR.jpg

To be honest, I would Still rate Death Stranding and tlou2 higher than any of those. But I only have ps4 slim screenshots. Need to replay on ps5.
And of course Metro exodus pc rtx edition. Will post some shots later. I replayed it last month
This game looks comfy.

For me it has to be Demon Souls remake, it felt completly realistic. Ratchet had the best implementation of raytracing hands down, and the models were so high res. Ghost of tsushima had a very technically impressive fog and weather system.

Banjo64

cumsessed
It would be limited by the resolution of the imagery, the provider, as well as the BIM or terrain models used. Some areas are incredible, some aren't.

It's the entire world though and your are on a Series S...
That’s fine but at the same time I can also play a game like FH5 on my Series S and it looks photorealistic at all times.

I’m not slating F Simulator. But it only looks amazing at a distance and not at all times.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

FEsm6WBX0AIjZKx

But it runs and feels like shit in those modes. The only playable mode is performance, and that's 1080p and still can't keep a stable 60fps. Ratchet is just so much more impressive.

SlimySnake

But it runs and feels like shit in those modes. The only playable mode is performance, and that's 1080p and still can't keep a stable 60fps. Ratchet is just so much more impressive.
huh? I played most of the game at native 4k 30 fps locked. Just like ratchet.

I dont really care about 60 fps. Thats why i played both ratchet and guardians at 30 fps with the highest level of fidelity. Besides, the downgrades in ratchet's 60 fps mode are too much for me. They gut a lot of the awesome crowd and skybox detail. Ray tracing and even lighting takes a hit.

I am comparing Ratchet's native 4k 30 fps mode to Guardians native 4k 30 fps mode and they both look very close. Ratchet obviously looks better but guardians is a stunning looking game in its own right.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
That’s fine but at the same time I can also play a game like FH5 on my Series S and it looks photorealistic at all times.

I’m not slating F Simulator. But it only looks amazing at a distance and not at all times.
Thats not possible and have real world imagery though. I work with satellite imagery, BIM, and GIS exclusively in my job and can tell you first hand that the tech (Azure mostly) they've utilized in that game is so far and above anything else it's astounding, especially in real-time.

Again there is no way to make graphics realistic at the highest LOD for the entire world. It's just not comparable to other games.

FH5 is really impressive looking too. It's just not the same with the scope they are doing. I can totally understand if you think it looks better though.

Top Bottom