• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077’s resurgence has cleared Witcher 3’s all-time concurrent players record

Draugoth

Gold Member

The recent Cyberpunk 2077 resurgence has now seen the game register a higher concurrent player count on Steam than The Witcher 3’s all-time record.

As noticed by analyst @BenjiSales, the game has attracted 104,827 players concurrently, whereas The Witcher 3’s all-time peak player count is 103,329.

The recent spike in players follows the launch of the game’s 1.6 patch, which added various new features and improvements, and coincides with a half-price discount on Steam.

Fda82rCWIAASAKe

jaysius

Banned
OH right on, how about the numbers from GOG and consoles? NO? Oh well then... these threads are the dumbest dick measuring events, that abuse statistics worse than a politician.

ike broflovski fighting GIF by South Park

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I am playing it for the first time using a mod pack from nexus with 230+ mods including a damage scaling mod that makes it less bullets spungy. Its a helluva a lot of fun!

jaysius

Banned
Over 1m players currently on the game
You keep making stupid threads using Steam numbers about this game, it's ok if you like this game. But your abuse of statistics proves you don't understand how to use them correctly.

These threads are dumber than the begging for a ban threads.

You're using one player base, and in this case one game is from 2015 and the other is from 2020.

Find something you understand, then make a thread about it.

Last edited:

Scotty W

Gold Member
OH right on, how about the numbers from GOG and consoles? NO? Oh well then... these threads are the dumbest dick measuring events, that abuse statistics worse than a politician.

The same guy made another thread almost the same, on almost the same topic…

Draugoth

Gold Member
You keep making stupid threads using Steam numbers about this game, it's ok if you like this game. But your abuse of statistics proves you don't understand how to use them correctly.

You're using one player base, and in this case one game is from 2015 and the other is from 2020.

The same guy made another thread almost the same, on almost the same topic…

b36

geary

Not dumber than the ones with boxed sales in UK. If UK and physical boxes extrapolation are relevant for game sales performance, then Steam playerbase is relevant to as well.

jaysius

Banned
Not dumber than the ones with boxed sales in UK. If UK and physical boxes extrapolation are relevant for game sales performance, then Steam playerbase is relevant to as well.
You get that they're comparing player base of a 7 year old game vs a 2 year old game right? You surely must understand the lack of logic in this along with so many other factors being ignored here.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
You get that they're comparing player base of a 7 year old game vs a 2 year old game right? You surely must understand the lack of logic in this along with so many other factors being ignored here.

It goes without saying that many thought this game would settle on the darker side of history and be forgotten. This is people giving CDPR a second chance. Myself, included. The game is a solid 8, atm, if I had to gauge. I've seen zero glitches, the game play is solid, the story is decent, too. I think people are starting to discover for themselves, instead of riding a hatewave and never giving the game a second glance.

The first time I played, I ran into 3 game breaking bugs that prevented progress, within the first 30 minutes!. This time, zero. After 20+ hours into it. 🤷‍♂️

DaGwaphics

Congrats to them for sticking with it and getting things right. It looks like it is paying off.

Now that they've added the 60fps mode to XSS I might see if I can find a cheap copy somewhere and give it a go.

Last edited:

itshutton

I’ve had the game on PS4 since launch, just started playing on PS5.

Xdrive05

I haven't seen the show that caused this game renaissance, but I did fire up a new game yesterday aiming for a Corpo Ninja Assassin build. I forgot just how immersive the prologues are. It's also the first time I tried Corpo and it's a very different vibe than how Nomad begins and plays. Also haven't tried Street Kid, but I may do a playthrough on that one, too, after seeing how different Corpo feels from Nomad.

Build1.6 does seem like it's fixed a lot of the launch-era problems, but not quite all of them.

PS: If you're on an RTX card, use DLSS 2.4.6 and NOT 2.4.12. The former is basically perfect while the latter can't seem to resolve distant fine details like power lines without a mess of swimming pixels for some odd reason.

Top Bottom