• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077, including the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S versions, is on sale for $10

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

At the time of publication, the PS4 and Xbox One versions of CD Projekt’s sci-fi RPG are on sale for $9.99 at Target, where they normally cost $39.99 and $26.99 respectively.

Notably, owners of the both versions of Cyberpunk 2077 will receive a free next-gen upgrade when the game’s released for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S next year.

EDMIX

....even at $10 I'm saying its a big maybe lol

Its hard to recommend this game, I don't even know they type of gamer I can recommend it to. Be like "ok disregard the entire open world, the AI doesn't exist, hear me out....play it for the story, you also might not like the story"

I think the only thing I ended up liking in CP2077 was the gunplay and how the world LOOKED and even that is debatable with the bad pop in, gunplay feels good, but is useless if you just have AI so slow, you need to hunt them down.

Whats the point of leveling up if its just fucking fish in a barrel? Its a tough one to recommend and I can't even say one should just buy it for gun play, Borderlands 3 has great gunplay, but thats also a real game with AI and real features too so....I think for $10, its a ok once over if one doesn't go into expecting...well modern AI or features, its like an early access game basically.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
My copy has been sat on the shelf since January and it'll continue to stay there until the next gen patch.

VszLaFX.gif

Last edited:

lem0n

It's a good deal if you're willing to wait to play it. I've been waiting since about a week after launch for the game to be completed- I'll keep waiting until the "next gen" patch is out. I look forward to that day!

Woggleman

This is one of those things where I can fully acknowledge the flaws but I like it anyway. I guess a futuristic, crime ridden and violent city with a great soundtrack and an interesting story makes me forgive a lot. I would rather play this over some games that are technically better but boring.

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
Played it last night and I were stunned. (played on PC with above max settings with RT)

Of course game has many glitches and felt unfinished BUT the story, characters and overall city design are TOP notch. I did one main story quest in the middle of a game and I've ended up constantly thinking about it! Not about a game but about what happened in this game. I was TOTALLY consumed by story, graphics and sound, music. I also felt like I was connected with characters, like they were important to me! Almost shed a tear when I saw what intentions, what causes led to what Jonny did. Very heartwarming if you ask me!

Still trying to resist playing before re-launch. Totally waiting for that!!!

Played it last night and I were stunned. (played on PC with above max settings with RT)

Of course game has many glitches and felt unfinished BUT the story, characters and overall city design are TOP notch. I did one main story quest in the middle of a game and I've ended up constantly thinking about it! Not about a game but about what happened in this game. I was TOTALLY consumed by story, graphics and sound, music. I also felt like I was connected with characters, like they were important to me! Almost shed a tear when I saw what intentions, what causes led to what Jonny did. Very heartwarming if you ask me!

Still trying to resist playing before re-launch. Totally waiting for that!!!
If you have the ability to play it maxed out on PC then why are you waiting? There's no guarantees about a relaunch other than the next gen versions which will just be them getting a little closer to the PC version (they won't even be anywhere near the PC version either). I would kill to be able to play the game on a high end PC. You might as well play it or end up waiting a long time for little structural improvement. At best they will have an expansion and more bug fixes for this "relaunch".

Console versions suck ass. Not worth your time, much less your money.
I can't believe they havnt at least been able to patch in more NPC's for the Ps5 version. Come to think of it, it's shocking how little they've been able to add to this game, period. In a year they've only managed to fix bugs and bring up the visuals of the ps4/xbox one versions. Aside from that no new content, quests, side activities, no graphics improvements, no next gen patch, no adding in more NPC's.

The Ps5 should not be looking like a frigging ghost town. I don't care if ps5 is still running ps4 pro code. There's no excuse for this stuff to take this long. Are the same managers and directors in charge still because if that's the case they're never going to fix this game.

I can see them canceling the next gen patch when they realize how much money they're losing in not putting all hands on deck towards releasing the next Witcher game. It wouldn't be the first company to promise something major like that and then completely flake out, EA pulled the same thing with "Anthem 2.0" and they got away with it. If that happens with Cyberpunk I will never forgive CDProject as I've been waiting for the next gen patch since we first found out that we'd have to wait until "2021" for it.

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
If you have the ability to play it maxed out on PC then why are you waiting? There's no guarantees about a relaunch other than the next gen versions which will just be them getting a little closer to the PC version (they won't even be anywhere near the PC version either). I would kill to be able to play the game on a high end PC. You might as well play it or end up waiting a long time for little structural improvement. At best they will have an expansion and more bug fixes for this "relaunch".
You really think that I need to finish it at this state? It's very interesting opinion because I always try to play a best version of a game. To be fair - on PC it's not more glitchy than, say Skyrim at release. And everyone loves Skyrim still.

kiphalfton

I've seen this same $10 price on at least two separate occasions over the past couple months. At both GameStop and Best Buy. Good deal, but sucks that CDPR didn't release the next-gen patch this year. I imagine once we get the patch though, we won't be seeing PS4/X1 versions of the game go this low, so better get it while it's cheap (think the same thing happened with No Man's Sky and FFVIII when the next-gen patch came out, where the price of PS4/X1 version proceeded to stay high).

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I got it from Best Buy for ten bucks a couple of months ago. I guess Target decided to wait until Black Friday to liquidate their unsold copies.

Cherrypepsi

I loved the game on PC. I loved the city, the characters, the guns, the atmosphere, I played all the missions and explored night city over 100h. Sometimes the bugs were even part of the entertainment, very rarely they broke the game.

That being said, I would probably not enjoy it on last gen consoles, and I would be very hesitant to try the game in BC mode on the new ones.

If you can get the game for 10$ though, just buy it.

Even if the next patch eliminates all bugs.
Even if the next patch boosts framerate to 60hz on all platforms.

The game just isn't very fun to play.

I wouldn't say it's not fun but it's still be bare bones. Enemy AI, pedestrian AI, police AI, and the world would still be a shell. They need to vastly improve the world

Spaceman292

Banned
I wouldn't say it's not fun but it's still be bare bones. Enemy AI, pedestrian AI, police AI, and the world would still be a shell. They need to vastly improve the world
You're literally complaining about a single aspect. Imagine people writing off the Witcher 3 because the npcs weren't very convincing. Cyberpunk is great, and the behaviour of the pedestrian AI or whatever would make no difference.

Top Bottom