• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Is Being Flooded With Very Positive Reviews On Steam

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It’s almost one year since the game was released, and it seems like the developers have indeed redeemed themselves and managed to deliver the title they initially envisioned. Nobody ever doubted Cyberpunk 2077‘s potential in terms of its gameplay, narrative, or mechanics. However, all that potential was hidden due to the lack of polish.

With the release of frequent updates, the developers have managed to iron out a large number of these issues, and at the time of writing this article, the game has been flooded with positive reviews on Steam. In fact, the overall reviews of the game now have a Mostly Positive rating on Steam, which is a massive improvement from what it was at launch.

Cyberpunk 2077‘s Quest Director, Paweł Sasko, tweeted out a picture of the reviews, thanking players for the reviews they have been posting. Steam’s Black Friday Sales has brought back many players to the game, and considering how it has been polished over the months, it is definitely worth a buy right now.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Happy for the devs, because you can feel their heart in a lot of places while playing

At the same time, people are also rewarding CDPR for their lies and false promisses
The game came out nearly a year ago. These reviews are occurring in the last few days. They're rewarding CDPR for the quality of the game that these players played today, not for baseless hype and marketing the occurred over a year ago.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Don't worry, the internet hate bandwagon still has some mileage left in it. It's gonna be a little while longer before it'll run out of gas, get sold for scrap, and the only stragglers left would be the aging rocker boys reminiscing about the good old days when the whole internet laughed at the game.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Deserved, the game is truly fantastic

200.gif

Right as they say theyre sure the game is gonnah get good
Coincidence? I THINK NOT

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I finished it on pc on release and it was pretty good and engaging. Loot system and stealth made no sense so I just ran whole game with a sniper rifle. But story was interesting.
I had some bugs but nothing major. About a bit worse than fallout 4 on release

Saber

Gold Member
I may have like somethings this game made that I find interesting, but the amount of bugs, performance and major glitches keep me away from having fun and enjoying the game at its fullest.

I even decide to finish the game by getting a platinum trophy, but my main save glitched one of buyable cars, blocking me from ever doing that trophy.

I may respect their opinions, as they pay for the game and played on a supposely better plataform...but in no way I would ever give a good score to Cyberpunk.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

So because BF 2042 and GTA Definitive continued the lowering of the industries standards, Cyber 2077 is now looking not so bad 🤣

What a time this industry is going through.

CP 2077 on PC was never as bad as it is on consoles.
You can get a good experience playing this game on PC.
It's only on last gen consoles, that the game was a clusterf***.
I agree, but still very disappointing with many bugs even on PC and the game was not as intricate as was expected.

Goalus

Cyberpunk has now accumulated more than 400k reviews on Steam in less than one year, 76% of which are positive. Purely by numbers the game seems to be a massive success. (I'll wait until the XSX upgrade.)

Flabagast

Cyberpunk has now accumulated more than 400k reviews on Steam in less than one year, 76% of which are positive. Purely by numbers the game seems to be a massive success. (I'll wait until the XSX upgrade.)
All the 300k positive reviews are astroturfers paid by CDPR according to GAF.
you’d better listen to people who have never played the game but have been hating on it for a year

Chukhopops

It’s weird this game was poorly rated on PC to begin with, to me the only flaw is the last gen console version. I’ll always stand by this game, too ambitious for sure for what it brought was better than 90% of the rest.

I'm expecting a great game once they actually finish it. That next gen patch is probably going to be what they really wanted the game to be. They really can't afford to fuck it up. Fix most of the issues and in time people will forget about the mess at launch.

ParaSeoul

I'm expecting a great game once they actually finish it. That next gen patch is probably going to be what they really wanted the game to be. They really can't afford to fuck it up. Fix most of the issues and in time people will forget about the mess at launch.
Unless that patch adds in every cut content and feature then no,it will just be the polished version of a severely downgraded game but then again same thing happened with Bioshock Infinite and people somehow love that.

Goalus

A suspiciously large amount of negative reviews in a short time frame is regarded as reviewbombing,A suspiciously large amount of positve reviews in a short time frame is regarded as normal
If you look at other games in the Steam global topsellers list, you'll notice that other games received "suspiciously" large amounts of positive reviews in the last few days as well. The reason being that there is currently a massive sale.

Look at Forza Horizon 4 (not 5) for example, if you don't believe it:

14k recent reviews.
Wow, that's suspicious.

Last edited:
Unless that patch adds in every cut content and feature then no,it will just be the polished version of a severely downgraded game but then again same thing happened with Bioshock Infinite and people somehow love that.

If they really use those new consoles, they could easily add in these features. If it's just resolution and fps increases that would be a joke.

Top Bottom