• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrypepsi

does anyone know where the cars go that you acquire in the game?

I expected it to work like GTA and my car would just spawn outside of any activity that I do, guess I was wrong.

Someone gifted me a bike, but it's just gone :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Finally picked up my CE today, and hot damn the statue is a huge improvement in terms of the Witcher 3 one, at least in terms of QC. Overall beautiful CE.

Nice wish i had both room and extra money for the CE, but already have like 5 video game 'statues' on display and it's kinda enough as it is. Already have some extra sitting in storage.

ajanke

I expected it to work like GTA and my car would just spawn outside of any activity that I do, guess I was wrong.

you call your vehicle to you like you do Roach.

Anyone else getting tired of the cringe speech. How often biz is used.
or deats is used for details.

That's just how people talk in the 2070's.

There's a quick menu for all your vehicles, left on D-pad with controller.

KO7

Took my time with the prologue side missions and gigs and finally committed to finishing Act 1. Goodness me, that was an incredible finish to the opening act before the title screen. The atmosphere and tension aided by the stellar music were absolutely phenomenal, all culminating in that emotional ending to the act.

I freaking love this game, and it’s going to make it tough for me to pay full price for other, less ambitious games from here on out. Playing on XsX quality mode and feel like the graphics are great by the way, of course in huge part to the lovely art direction / vision that they’ve crafted for this world.

Loostreaks

I dont like clothing system though, its utter garbage. Makes me look like a clown, also the good clothes NPC wear, we dont get to use them, and to think about that after they publish the video Cyberpunk 2077 - In style.
Lol same here. I'm literally running around half the time in underwear ( along with cowboy hat): has higher armor rating than all the pants in my inventory.
They should've made a ton of Witcher-like clothing sets that give you more street cred when you wear a full set.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Anyone else getting tired of the cringe speech. How often biz is used.
or deats is used for details.

Haha just read some Gibson. This game is actually pretty tame.

I used to think the way they talked in Neuromancer was cool when I was younger. I still appreciate early Gibson but I can't read it anymore. Same with Burgess and A Clockwork Orange.

Madflavor

I finally upgraded from an HDD to an SSD for this game, and OOOOH MY GAAAAAWD!!!

DnOg6q0JiONWJIo17KTYXJWokngYg9cxGVlqMO-H3GVMAn2DDJAfWZZ-CSNl4xwJgdyLkx_6-jlNYMgvxhCkFGfYaRKIWO5OyGAMkvu-pqINPr5es69tlCI1GsvJna2JpXPp0RBmbw

Thank you guys for the tips on how to resolve my issue earlier btw.

UncleMeat

You or anyone else have a video of this? The exploding body parts and mayhem with gorilla arms
Late reply, been playing all day, but to be clear the exploding body parts were from the turret gun that i pulled out. Gorilla arms are non lethal i believe.

You're not really supposed to aim.

The game has ridiculously aggressive lock on, so just hover near enemies and spam left trigger to aim.
Ohh so there wasn’t any lock on during that car chase scene. I guess that’s why it was hard.

but still, even just walking around and moving the camera is hard. Just totally unresponsive.

makes me want to upgrade my pc so I can play with mouse and keyboard

Is it just me or is it extremely hard to aim on PS4 pro? I just got done with the beginning driving sequence after choosing Nomad and that part was incredibly hard to aim.

Is it because the FPS is so low?

Does the aiming/responsiveness improve on PS5?
Check your controller settings in game? The default settings felt awful to me on pc using an xbox controller.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Ohh so there wasn’t any lock on during that car chase scene. I guess that’s why it was hard.

but still, even just walking around and moving the camera is hard. Just totally unresponsive.

makes me want to upgrade my pc so I can play with mouse and keyboard

Try turning off all of the advanced control options like Turn Assist. There are about 5 or 6 of them in a row that I set to 0 and it makes it a lot better.

Sadly, the game resets all of my settings randomly when I boot it up. Happened 3 times so far.

K.S v2.0

Banned
Newb question. How does switching weapons and melee work on console?

Say I want to switch quickly from my pistol to fists/blade I have equipped, pressing Y just switches to my other weapons I have equipped. I know I can bring up another menu by holding Y and choosing different options, but is there another quicker way to do this on the fly?

Press and hold Y.

Stops time and gives you a weapon wheel.

K.S v2.0

Banned
I have a serious question regarding the apparent drama around game developers tying bonuses to Metacritic scores.
This seems to be perceived as toxic by the gaming community at large, and I don't understand it.

In every job I have ever held there has been some kind of performative metric tied to my ability to earn a raise or receive a bonus of some kind at the end of the year, and I genuinely don't see how this is any different. It is easily the most relevant "metric" you can tie to game development.

I have seen people screeching that it should be based on sales, but that seems way more dependent on your marketing departments ability to sale the game, and less about the quality of the game itself.

Am I completely off base here and out of touch, or am I just seeing a vocal minority making a big deal out of nothing?

Bringing this up because of all the huffing and puffing going on because CD Projekt Red was going to dole out bonuses if the game reached a 90 on Metacritic. (They have since decided to give out a bonus regardless, which is even better!)

Because if you're using Metacritic as a measure of success, you're a fucking moron as a business leader/CEO and should be hung by your tie out the window.

Metacritic is two things: Paid Reviews General® vs 4chan /v/ and/or Mental Illness Inc™

Putting legitimate blood, sweat and tears of your staff up against the whims of 'The Internet' is the stupidest move you can ever hope to never make.

That's indeed the case.

Far surpasses the current level of english writing in terms of human touch the characters have to them. Some really great side quests. Sometimes I avoid going on a side quest because it's marked "hard" but when I do it later there's no fighting at all in thr quest and it's just dialogue. And I'm not bothered when that happens, because the characters are interesting individuals. Good localization job, that's true of witcher as well

Hadoukie

So I was having a really good time with this game until I realized I have a glitch which fucks up all my video calls. It's from the epistrophy mission, and I can't get it to go away.

This is what it looks like

Can't go back to an earlier save, either. Really makes mot want to play it.

K.S v2.0

Banned
Smart weapons kind of suck ass. They seem to miss a lot, even point black with a smart double barrel shotgun. I have the implant and all.

Smart weapons are not the go to if you want to actually hit a specific part. That's what Power weapons and manual aiming are for.

Smart just means 'the shot is going to go toward your target'. They're great if someone is hiding behind a wall or an obstacle, just aim 'above' them and the shot will correct its trajectory. But if you want pinpoint precision, that's not what they're for.

K.S v2.0

Banned
Since I haven't seen it mentioned in here, it needs to be said:

Get yourself ONE of the arm weapons ie Mantis Blades, Monowire or Portable Launcher ASAP.

Even if you don't spec for these, just get them. The main reason is you are going to come across some scenarios where you have to give up your weapons before walking into a potentially shitty/dangerous situation and have to somehow procure weapons 'on site' in a hurry and if you are not specced 'motherfucking wizard' ie full netrunner that can melt entire rooms of people by simply looking at them.... you're pretty much going to be in trouble if you pick the wrong option, do the wrong thing, etc.

The arm weapons DO NOT COUNT AS WEAPONS! Even if you are forced to give up all your on-person weapons, you will always be armed so long as you have ONE of the arm weapons. Even better if you have specced specifically for them. I may be specced motherfucking wizard but I also have points in blades and I rock Mantis Blades. Anyone that actually can force me to go hand-to-hand isn't going to find an easy kill at all.

Get you some, ASAP.

mr.dilya

Banned
Since I haven't seen it mentioned in here, it needs to be said:

Get yourself ONE of the arm weapons ie Mantis Blades, Monowire or Portable Launcher ASAP.

Even if you don't spec for these, just get them. The main reason is you are going to come across some scenarios where you have to give up your weapons before walking into a potentially shitty/dangerous situation and have to somehow procure weapons 'on site' in a hurry and if you are not specced 'motherfucking wizard' ie full netrunner that can melt entire rooms of people by simply looking at them.... you're pretty much going to be in trouble if you pick the wrong option, do the wrong thing, etc.

The arm weapons DO NOT COUNT AS WEAPONS! Even if you are forced to give up all your on-person weapons, you will always be armed so long as you have ONE of the arm weapons. Even better if you have specced specifically for them. I may be specced motherfucking wizard but I also have points in blades and I rock Mantis Blades. Anyone that actually can force me to go hand-to-hand isn't going to find an easy kill at all.

Get you some, ASAP.

I was just about to grab them but I gotta give shorty 15k and I’m pressed for cash.

RT has some weird moments. had to put the photos in black in white so they would work on imgur but like some of the RT effects just don't seem realistic.

RT On

01jh4jO.png

RT Off

Uiimk58.png

Last edited:
So I was having a really good time with this game until I realized I have a glitch which fucks up all my video calls. It's from the epistrophy mission, and I can't get it to go away.

This is what it looks like

Can't go back to an earlier save, either. Really makes mot want to play it.

I have this too. Its annoying but hasn't caused me any major issues yet. Hope it gets patched soon. It makes the calls funny I guess tho 😅

Rex_DX

Gold Member
lefthanded view models would be nice, i cannot stand you normies

This is is a priority for them actually. But first they're going to add barber shops, tattoo parlors and plastic surgery.

Then they're going to overhaul the entire traffic system before overhauling pedestrian and NPC behavior.

Then comes a big loot rebalance and possible menu redesign. All the while squashing bugs left and right.

After that they'll Be shifting focus to some DLC.

But after that they'll be adding lefty mode, don't you doubt it! 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom