• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Getting real tired of the bug that prevents you from firing down scope with any item in slot 2. Only way to fix it is to exit to main menu and reload. This is fifth or sixth time it has happened to me. Bugs like this, debilitating to core, fundamental controls is inexcusable. They need to keep these hotfixes rolling out near daily.

Moogle11

Banned
Man this game really has its hooks in me now. 14 hours in and absolutely loving it. City is amazing, sidequests have good little stories, main story is interesting, love the atmosphere and it’s running and looking pretty great in version 1.04 on XSX. Still haven’t had any crashes, just two times I had to reload a save i mentioned earlier and restarted the game once as the graphics got wonky with a lot of screen tearing (restart fixed it).

Shubh_C63

Still incredibly excited to play but will wait 1-3 months now.
Thankfully most coverage is around bugs and not spoilers.

Hopefully would be discounted by then also.

Mhmmm 2077

Amazing OT! Next update should within a week according to CDPR and I can already see on SteamDB that they are working on something internally.

Also, I'm kinda sad that my other thread got ignored, but I believe (my opinion) that CDPR is gonna be releasing Cyberpunk 2077 VR next year, if you are interested why I think so, give it a read!

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
IkHrh1K.jpg

I don't think so - they have next gen versions to do (that will take months) and then they have expansions and their Cyberpunk Online game (their GTA Online equvalent). There's no way they can fit working on VR game into it considering how much work is needed to repair basic game.

Mhmmm 2077

I don't think so - they have next gen versions to do (that will take months) and then they have expansions and their Cyberpunk Online game (their GTA Online equvalent). There's no way they can fit working on VR game into it considering how much work is needed to repair basic game.
Answer in the thread to not spam this OT, I pointed there out why I think it's possible (Online is not gonna come before 2022 and all fixes for CP77 can be used in CP77VR, which would be a "simple" conversion).

KO7

I’m one of those people who kinda fell out of gaming in recent years, and now have a much tougher time justifying paying full price for games despite having more disposable income than in my gaming prime.

But this game, wow. Spent all weekend enthralled with it, only managing to pry myself away to go for a walk on Saturday to get some sunshine and fresh air. Love this game, and will be paying for Dolby for Headphones tonight after work since my free trial ran out - the music absolutely nails the mood for the intense as well as the heartfelt slower moments.

I’m barely into Act 2 and it already feels like it’s one of my favourite games of all time. I hadn’t sank this many hours into a game in a decade. I do empathize with those with last gen consoles, and hope you can have a better experience with it soon, either with fixes or on a newer console/PC.

Edit: Incredible work with the OT2 Black Chamber Black Chamber 👌

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I got this over the weekend. Originally played it on my desktop which has a 1070 and it ran OK (40-60 fps on medium settings). Played it for a few hours using mouse/keyboard. Then I installed it on my laptop which has a 2060, with RT and DLSS on, I was able to run it on high settings around 55-60fps and it looked much better. I used a controller for my laptop. With the aim assist, using a controller isn't as awful as I expected it to be, and driving with a controller is much easier than using a kb/m. Found that to be the same way with GTA games as well.

I also haven't been this sucked into a singleplayer game since Fallout 3.

I have some questions though:
1) if you beat the main campaign, can you continue the story or does the game end?
2) does anyone know how long the game takes to beat if you do close to everything? I was hoping for 100+ hours

Yeah, driving with the KB/M is making me want to switch to controller. I might take a hybrid approach and just use it when driving.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
A quick tip to anyone wanting to do side quests do the Heroes mission as soon as you can because it will help massively w you getting around the city. Then you can go nuts w the side quests.

Also this is some top tier writing! Love these characters and this world more and more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
A quick tip to anyone wanting to do side quests do the Heroes mission as soon as you can because it will help massively w you getting around the city. Then you can go nuts w the side quests.

Also this is some top tier writing! Love these characters and this world more and more.

That was the first mission I did after the heist. Just felt right to do it quickly.

Been wandering around doing random side jobs ever since!

Last edited by a moderator:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Feel like the future here is dark but the story itself is very hopeful. So much storytelling these days is hyper cynical and nihilistic, there is a lot of heart and soul in this game by comparison. The world it depicts is a violent chaotic mess but the people in it have not given up hope.

Last edited:

Cracklox

So yeah, the base ps4 looks a bit shit a lot of the time BUT...

I'll be damned if Judy isn't some of the finest use of pixels this - uhhh, last gen

Aggelos

Well, [>56K Warning] is for the more than (>) 56K bugs and glitches that you'll find in the game.

CDPR stands for Cannot Deliver the Promised Radness.

Played a disgusting amount of this game now and really having a good time.

I do have a pretty major critique that seems to be getting lost in what I regard as very superficial complaints (like not being able to buy hotdogs from every vendor etc - every game fakes the world just not every game hides it as well as RDR2).

My big issue is level design. Even now I replay Deus Ex and find another secret passage or some clever way of completing the objective. Cyberpunk doesn't have this in many of the areas. Some of the main quest areas are pretty good but everything else you really have to just barge in the front door and kill everyone - sure you have options in terms of how you kill or incapacitate enemies but I've found nothing like the best levels on Deus Ex where you can stealthily bypass whole areas with some careful exploration.

Last edited:

aries_71

You know that for a fact or just guessing? Thinking the latter, new consoles are more powerful than current mid-powered PCs.
Sure, amigo. Keep dreaming the dream. Do you really believe that anything significant will change in the game beside adding low-level RTX effects and stabilize the framerate?

MiguelItUp

Easily one of the best OTs this year! Outstanding work!

Bugs aside I'm about 30+ hours in on PC and really enjoying it. Have everything on Ultra/High and it looks amazing. I was playing with RTX medium for awhile, but then it would randomly stutter REALLY bad even though it was 60+fps majority of the time. So I just disabled RTX period so I didn't have to worry about that anymore. Still pretty!

Ammogeddon

I’m finally getting my head around the world and some of the RPG mechanics.

Spent a bit of time just driving about exploring and looking for tarots. I’m getting fallout mixed with Dredd vibes which is no bad thing.

I haven’t had any random enemy encounters while exploring which is odd. It’ll probably make it a bit boring after a while.

DeaDPo0L84

I think my 38" ultrawide might be to blame for getting puzzling performance with a rtx 3090. I'm asking it to do a lot, just really bummed about the city performance.

UncleMeat

Finished the game late last night. I think I clocked in at about 60 hours. I did every side mission available to me, except the collect-a-thon ones like the tarot cards, and a bunch of gigs and open world missions. Easily one of the best games I've ever played.

I really can't get over how much they nailed the look of the city. Just in awe of every street, every tunnel, every building and the map and city are so intricately designed it's mind blowing. It looks amazing during the day and at night. CDPR just nailed that 80's early 90's sci-fi feel; this world would slot in perfectly next to Akira, Blade Runner, Heavy Metal (that part with the cabbie), Cowboy Bebop, etc. It's just perfect.

The gameplay exceeded my expectations as well. Usually first person melee combat sucks but I had a blast with it in this game. Also revolvers are the way to go for guns, since you can hip-fire with no penalty and the heads just pop!

Played on xbox sx and had minimal problems with bugs and only a couple very minor things after the most recent patch. So hats off to CDPR, this game exceeded my extremely hopeful expectations.

Last edited:
Nice OT mister.
This OT is just...out of this world amazing.
Can someone point me in a direction of a better OT here on GAF? I think this is the best we have ever had.
🥺🙏🙏🙏
Holy shit, dude, that is awesome. Enjoyed that trip down the page.
Wonderful OT!

#MOGA

Make OTs Great Again.

Sorry, Black Chamber Black Chamber , couldn't let the opportunity for a pun pass!

Great job!
I think the OTs good but half of its still loading. not really. It did take a bit though. Its very nice Good to see BC got to use some of his hard work here.
This is a lot of work
Great job with the OT.
Edit: Incredible work with the OT2 Black Chamber Black Chamber 👌
bottoms up to Black Chamber Black Chamber for the wonderful OT. cheers!
Outstanding OT

Juan Soto approved
Easily one of the best OTs this year! Outstanding work!
In for OT 2. It looks fantastic.
🙏Thank you all so much!🙏
OT is amazing Black Chamber Black Chamber , but that Playlist is fucking awesome how did i miss that?
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Do you mean the playlist in this OT - or the one from the original OT?
We've been curating it here. Feel free to contribute to it if you want :)

I don't know if they meant the original playlist in your OT; or the new playlist I made for this OT?
Black Chamber Black Chamber 56k warning? Bruh even with a 500 Mbps connection it took quite a bit to load lmfao. Nice OT but just like the other one until I finish the game I'm staying away.
😅
Understandable👍

GymWolf

So i have a question, i'm doing the first mission with judy the hacker

V is having problem with the chip in his head and i have strange graphical effects on screen (no bugs, it's intended to be that way), do i have to continue playing that mission until this stuff goes away or the game is bugged? I'm at the point where i'm about to check the snuff movie to see where it was recorded

P.s. nice ot blacky 🕺

Last edited:

evanft

12 hours in. I haven't taken the ride with Dex yet.

I just discovered the joy that is a silenced high-powered revolver. That one thing makes stealth so much more viable.

Love the game so far. Most of my complaints are QOL issues, like how hard it is to craft/diassemble/sell more than one thing at a time, along with the bugs and AI issues multiple people have pointed out. But I'm having so much god damn fun with the gun play and hacking that it all kind of fails to the wayside.

I'm actually enjoying the game a lot more than Witcher 3, which I dropped after 6 hours despite generally liking it. I think I just find the combat and city so much more interesting this time around.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Is "improved facial light geometry" randomly disabling itself for anyone? It's immediately apparent when it happens, as in conversations or up close people's faces suddenly look kind of last gen-y.

Top Bottom