• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

SullaFelix

Neo Member
I bought a high-end 'legendary' revolver for a merchant for 35K with 5 mod slots. While it hurt me to lose so many eddies, the thing is an absolute monster that melts everyone with one or two headshots. Reminds me of the bladerunner handgun.

One buggy book.

JGMiIqa.jpg

uNcoJPW.jpg

Last edited:

Loostreaks

Ok. Some SERIOUS spoilers about the ending, with pictures, don't open if you did not finish the game, just gotta talk about it a little.

Man, what a ride. None of the endings are "good", but as I mentioned in the previous thread, one of them - specifically Arasaka, is just fucking scary and depressing, Cherami Leigh fucking sells it 100%.
Without going into spoiler territory, how important are the choices in main story missions? Is it usual "you move from same plot point to plot point but npc x replaces npc y", or do they don't impact the plot, but open up additional side quests?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I'm interested in seeing the long-term consequences of being a greedy asshole in the game. On 2 occassions already I've lied about what I did with the things.
---
For the love of god can somebody make this thread Gold so I can find it in the stack!?!

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

As much as I enjoy the PlayStation platform, Sony TV's, and the blu-ray / UHD formats, remember that Sony is not the consumers' friend. Once they're back on top they revert to their stingy, often tone deaf ways.

I get it, they're a business, but of all of the major gaming companies Sony really gives the worst of them a run for their money sometimes.

Chris Walken

Neo Member
CDProjekt reputation is dead right now, it will never recoger from this backlash (in the end deserved).

I doubt we will see a Cyberpunk sequel in the future due to this, and Witcher 4 will pay CDProjekt sins.

It's a pitty, because as a game, Cyberpunk is much better than t'he critically acclaimed Witcher 3 in almost every aspect, especially in lvl design, gameplay and rpg elements.

But the reallity is this, trully cyberpunk genre is cursed to be a failure in entertainment industry, starting from Blade Runner in t'he 80s, trough Blade Runner 2049, Alita, Deus Ex and Altered Carbon in modern times, and ending in Cyberpunk 2077.

This hurts, because is my favourite genre.

A.Romero

CDProjekt reputation is dead right now, it will never recoger from this backlash (in the end deserved).

I doubt we will see a Cyberpunk sequel in the future due to this, and Witcher 4 will pay CDProjekt sins.

It's a pitty, because as a game, Cyberpunk is much better than t'he critically acclaimed Witcher 3 in almost every aspect, especially in lvl design, gameplay and rpg elements.

But the reallity is this, trully cyberpunk genre is cursed to be a failure in entertainment industry, starting from Blade Runner in t'he 80s, trough Blade Runner 2049, Alita, Deus Ex and Altered Carbon in modern times, and ending in Cyberpunk 2077.

I'm still like 3 hours in and have not seen anything that would make think CDPR is any less competent than before. Might be related to the platform, though.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'm currently broke af at the moment. I'm stoked for all of you enjoying it though. On the plus side, the game should be a lot more stable by the time my budget allows for it.

Loostreaks

If they didn't try to pull what they did with last gen consoles, positive feedback on the game would vastly outweigh any criticism. And the game does so many things exceptionally well: worldbuilding, world design, writing, music, ambiance, main story, side missions, characters, leveling system, mission design, art direction, sound design and voice acting, and surprisingly ( for CDPR) even gameplay. Not the groundbreaking "next gen open world" they marketed, but phenomenal game all around. Probably the most "complete rpg" out there.
Instead they created massive hate circlejerk and ruined their reputation practically overnight. Must've been hell of a shock to all the people working there, noticed they all went silent on twitter after the release.

Last edited:

Chris Walken

Neo Member
If they didn't try to pull what they did with last gen consoles, positive feedback on the game would vastly outweigh any criticism. And the game does so many things exceptionally well: worldbuilding, world design, writing, music, ambiance, main story, side missions, characters, leveling system, mission design, art direction, sound design and voice acting, and surprisingly ( for CDPR) even gameplay. Not the groundbreaking "next gen open world" they marketed, but phenomenal game all around. Probably the most "complete rpg" out there.
Instead they created massive hate circlejerk and ruined their reputation practically overnight. Must've been hell of a shock to all the people working there, noticed they all went silent on twitter after the release.

Expect a lot of lay offs and quits from the ma agement due to this.

Cyberpunk killed the company.

And after this, not a single developer will have the balls on making another big AAA cyberpunk game.

packy34

Expect a lot of lay offs and quits from the ma agement due to this.

Cyberpunk killed the company.

And after this, not a single developer will have the balls on making another big AAA cyberpunk game.

Nah. They'll fix the game in 6-12 months and everyone will forget about this when the next-gen patch hits for the new consoles. If Bethesda can make people forget about how bad Fallout 76 was at launch, I have every confidence that CDPR will get through this relatively unscathed.

TheContact

I picked up the auto-dismantle perk because i thought it would have saved me a ton of time, but friends are telling me there is some junk you don't want to dismantle because it sells for a lot. oops.

Top Bottom