• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Dries

I was expecting someone to post this. The reason I’m not using this is because of “note that the weather still work normally and will still cycle, you just wont see flat clear sunny weather anymore, or very rarely”

I like the sunny weather. Just looking for something that does rain chance x 5 and keep the rest the same.

Last edited:
i bought the game again and i'm itching to get back to it. i told myself i'd wait for the DLC to release before coming back but i'm desperate to jump back in.

did the recent patches really improve the game? the game ran quite well for me on PC but there was a stupid amount of bugs like markers pointing in the wrong direction, V t posing her naked ass out the top of a car, and enemies not reacting to me in combat.

Denton

did the recent patches really improve the game? the game ran quite well for me on PC but there was a stupid amount of bugs like markers pointing in the wrong direction, V t posing her naked ass out the top of a car, and enemies not reacting to me in combat.
I am not getting any of these issues, but then again I never got them in the first place and I started playing on December 10th at 0:30 AM.

However the issues with pedestrian NPC streaming are still there (sometimes pedestrian appears or disappears from thin air, shit like that).

Dries

My personal GOTY. What a complete masterpiece. On the other hand, I feel sorry for last-gen console owners. This is clearly a PC game first and foremost.

EzpO1rmWUAAPDZV

EzpO1uvWUAAsmsK

EzpO1ycWYAIX_w-

Daffy Duck

Played the hell out of it launch weekend and never touched it since lol.

was my most anticipated game since I can’t even remember, I keep thinking maybe I’ll jump in with every new patch but then I think I’m content to wait for the next gen update samba some DLC first.

SJRB

Gold Member
My personal GOTY. What a complete masterpiece. On the other hand, I feel sorry for last-gen console owners. This is clearly a PC game first and foremost.

EzpO1rmWUAAPDZV

EzpO1uvWUAAsmsK

EzpO1ycWYAIX_w-
Its visual splendor is second to none, definitely.

I still occasionally boot up the game just to drive around and take in the sights. The visuals and atmosphere are SO GOOD.

regawdless

Banned

EzpO1rmWUAAPDZV

EzpO1uvWUAAsmsK

EzpO1ycWYAIX_w-

Agree. Especially the many side characters that have multiple quests with unique and interesting stories are great.

I had my share of infuriating crashes and bugs, but overall very enjoyable and not a deal breaker.

The world that they've crafted is absolutely insane. Huge, detailed, atmospheric and unique.

Roni

Gold Member
After playing a stealth solo for my first completed playthough, I'm playing a netrunner and the quickhack build is just super fun. I'm up to the point I can pretty much play without any guns equipped, I simply look at someone and they start melting.

Last edited:

Dries

Anyone else watching Pawel Sasko play and commentate the game on Twitch? For fans, I’d recommend it. It’s very informative.

that reddit post is bullshit btw, check the comments

Mozzarella

Almost Crying? Where? I dont see that type of emotion, in fact i was watching that stream highlights and he seems open minded on how to discuss the game itself, he goes into information of what this scene tells us and whats its environment storytelling implies, while also answering twitch chat questions along the way, He doesnt really go into detail with questions involving scandals of the game itself, like i dont recall watching him answering questions about the weird hype of the game, or how the life paths are absolutely meaningless. Pawel Sasko seems like a cool passionate guy though, so im looking forward to what kind of answers he will give in the future streams, I just never got this feeling that he is almost crying, lol.

New patch 1.22 is live (15gb on PS). No patch notes for the moment

Hotfix 1.22 for Cyberpunk 2077 is live on PC, consoles and Stadia.

This update addresses the most frequently reported issues since the last patch and introduces further improvements to stability and performance of the game. Here is the list of changes:

Quests & Open World
  • The Metro: Memorial Park dataterm should now properly count towards the Frequent Flyer achievement.
  • Fixed glitches in Johnny's appearance occurring after buying the Nomad car from Lana.
  • Fixed an issue in Gig: Until Death Do Us Part where it was not possible to use the elevator.
  • Fixed an issue in Epistrophy where the player could get trapped in the garage if they didn't follow the drone and ran into the control room instead.
  • Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 1.21, where Takemura could get stuck in Japantown Docks in Down on the Street - for players who already experienced it before update 1.21 and continued playing until 1.22, Takemura will now teleport to Wakako's parlor.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the player from opening the phone in the apartment at the beginning of New Dawn Fades.
  • Fixed an issue where the player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after interacting with a maintenance panel in Riders on the Storm.

Visual
  • Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.

UI
  • Fixed an issue where subtitles were not properly aligned in the Arabic language version.

Stability and performance
  • Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes), and other optimizations.
  • Improved GPU performance of skinning and cloth rendering.

Console-specific
  • GPU and ESRAM optimizations and improvements on Xbox One.
  • Memory management improvements on PlayStation 5.

Stadia-specific
  • It's no longer possible to get soft locked in the key bindings menu if a keyboard is not available

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
587 mb on GOG.

GOG client might be slow as shit with a crazy long install process, at least its patch sizes usually are much smaller than Steam or console.

DarkestHour

Banned
Nice. This game is going to be so good once they patch it up. I started playing again and am enjoying it. Still want to just put it down though and revisit in Q4.

Im very out of the loop - is it getting better on PC or not? Perf for me was just shit.
performance on PC isn't really an issue. sure there were some crashes but there has been a lot of fixes. performance issues are more for last gen consoles. current gen consoles are better but still only running last gen versions.

i guess it depends on your specs. on my PC it ran great. i could even enable RTX but in some situations it was too demanding. my problem with the game wasn't the performance or even bugs but how unfinished/rushed the game felt. going by patch notes it seems there are a lot of bug/crash fixes so it shouldn't crash much anymore and most bugs are gone. still some bugs but nothing major. you likely won't see much of a performance improvement. whatever performance you got at launch it's likely you'll get about the same. maybe a small improvement but it's not gonna drastically improve.

the game desperately needs gameplay and QoL changes. that's the biggest issue right now. the free dlc should drop soon and it seems expansions for 2022 now.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I think it was a bad decision then, because it would really add a lot, and would fit really well to the cyberpunk setting. IMO of course. But then if they decided otherwise, they wouldn't make it anyway...
They were screwed either way:

Option a: focus on quality of life and gameplay improvements at the cost of massive and often gamebreaking quest-related bugs and performance issues
Option b: focus on massive and often gamebreaking quest-related bugs and performance issues at the cost of quality of life and gameplay improvements.

The console versions really, REALLY needed option b, the pc version really needed option a. God knows the patch fix list for both options is near infinite.

CDPR chose for option b, at the expense of the pc players who overall didn't have nearly as many technical issues, but were left with a game that has seen barely any changes since launch. I honestly cannot think of a single fix that really improved my overall enjoyment of the game.

Last edited:

Flabagast

Option a: focus on quality of life and gameplay improvements at the cost of massive and often gamebreaking quest-related bugs and performance issues
Option b: focus on massive and often gamebreaking quest-related bugs and performance issues at the cost of quality of life and gameplay improvements.

The console versions really, REALLY needed option a, the pc version really needed option b. God knows the patch fix list for both options is near infinite.

CDPR chose for option a, at the expense of the pc players who overall didn't have nearly as many technical issues, but were left with a game that has seen barely any changes since launch. I honestly cannot think of a single fix that really improved my overall enjoyment of the game.
But nearly everything that they did for console versions was also repercuted to the PC one. And outside from bugs there has already been some slight gameplay tweaks, change in UI, added dialogues and so on.

Not much sure, especially if you expect some change in AI or deeper rebalancing, but let's be realistic, you do not create new AI routines in just a few months time. Let's remind ourselves that the major change in Witcher 3 interface and gameplay semi redesign came only one year after the launch (with the release of Blood & Wine).

Dries

The console versions really, REALLY needed option a, the pc version really needed option b. God knows the patch fix list for both options is near infinite.

CDPR chose for option a, at the expense of the pc players who overall didn't have nearly as many technical issues, but were left with a game that has seen barely any changes since launch. I honestly cannot think of a single fix that really improved my overall enjoyment of the game.

Wait a sec. You surely meant this right:

"The console versions really, REALLY needed option b, the pc version really needed option a."

fart town usa

Gold Member

EzpO1rmWUAAPDZV

EzpO1uvWUAAsmsK

EzpO1ycWYAIX_w-
Nice. I can say that v1.22 makes the game playable on a base PS4. I bought it out of morbid curiosity and have been checking it from time to time. v1.22 was the first time it actually felt like a game. Only put a few hours in but the gunplay feels great.

Dries

The golden plates and coffee cups laying around inside appartements of Charter Hill... the absence of trash and the marble walkways... the environmental storytelling in this game is god-tier. In some ways, you can also notice that this was not a rushed project in certain areas perse. I would actually go so far as to say that CDPR has even exceeded W3 levels of quality. Such a shame all is buried under all this drama.

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

the game desperately needs gameplay and QoL changes. that's the biggest issue right now. the free dlc should drop soon and it seems expansions for 2022 now.
This was quite big too - it felt like i was playing a 2015 game. But thanks, ill prob wait it out till nxt year. Plenty of other games to play.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Honestly would have sat back and played the horrendous version of the game on the PS5 at some point I will play the game it seemed like a home run until the media got their greasy hands on it and made a big deal about a bug.

Roni

Gold Member
I've played a lot recently and the only things I would change in the gameplay are:

1. Improve car AI to be able to change lanes and go around small obstacles;
2. Add a consume button to shops so you can instantly eat/drink what you buy;
3. Add some form of rear view for FPS driving;
4. Call fixers to get the closest job;

Other than that, the game is pretty much perfect for what it sets out to do: place you as a mercenary in the streets of NC. The rest is all about player creativity...

As for bugs though, there's a lot left to do. I'm playing on PS4 Pro, btw:

1. Dumping a corpse leaves its contents hovering in the air in a bag instead of the floor;
2. Using certain cyberdecks can speed up the quickhack upload so much the dropping animation doesn't play correctly and the, dead or unconscious, body is left standing;
3. The melee auto-aim is hit and miss and sometimes doesn't kick in;
4. Several characters/items that incorrectly spawn or don't de-spawn at various moments in gameplay:
  • Evelyn Parker in The Information;
  • Saul Bright in Riders on the Storm;
  • Police officer walking through AV in ending of The Hunt;
5. Counting sound may bug and keep playing in a loop in the background;
6. Camera problems in some quests and BD's, specially in River Ward's The Hunt;
7. Cars can sometimes get increasingly more damaged as you call them;
8. In Never Fade Away the HUD doesn't load correctly the first time, using V's colors instead of Johnny's, and this blocks actions like cover activation.
9. Holo sounds (Mostly TVs) sometimes don't work, one particularly important instance of this is the new Anthony Harris clip shown at the beginning of The Hunt;
10. Clothing can sometimes require repeated equips and unequips after the conclusion of The Heist to display properly;
11. NPC's can get stuck in Forward to Death and never enter the construction site to fight;

And others...

Nothing game breaking, since I've done 2 playthroughs since 1.2... But there's more work to be made in bugs before QoL stuff is a priority. The game is already great and needs to work as designed to have that great word of mouth going for it.

Last edited:

MadYarpen

The golden plates and coffee cups laying around inside appartements of Charter Hill... the absence of trash and the marble walkways... the environmental storytelling in this game is god-tier. In some ways, you can also notice that this was not a rushed project in certain areas perse. I would actually go so far as to say that CDPR has even exceeded W3 levels of quality. Such a shame all is buried under all this drama.
Right? There are components of the game which are absolutely bonkers.

For example, the city, in general, is worth two or three more games, IMO. It is so vast, and detailed that it shouldn't feel like a recycled material at all. After finishing the story once I still need to use the map like... always. The game is often compared to GTA for one reason or another, and there half way through I could get anywhere without a map (or am I getting older?).

So I hope they don't abandon the franchise, the city, the gunplay and the story quality. At the same time Improving on the areas that need that (choice and consequences, branching of storylines into other storylines, AI etc).

To be honest I wanted to make Cyberpunk appreciation thread because a lot of good stuff gets lost, which is a shame.

SJRB

Gold Member

lol at that one cyberware bug caused by the misspelling of a single word in the code and it still not being fixed.

What the fuck.

There's a lot in here that made me go "huh, I've encountered that" in terms of non-functioning cyberware and perks. That knife-throwing perk is the dumbest shit ever.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I have been playing through. My only complaint is the forced waiting in side missions. I got to the point of no return earlier than anticipated and wanted to finish side quests before finishing the game. All the linked ones make you wait so if you are trying to complete several threads you get stuck wasting time until the game decides you played enough to spawn the next part of the quest thread. They need a check against the main quest to reduce or eliminate the wait.

SJRB

Gold Member
Environmental storytelling in this game is SO GOOD.

I love just cruising around, there's so much random content spread out all over the city, it's crazy.

My favorite moments are when you enter an area that's clearly an aftermath of some fight, dead people lying everywhere. I was driving around the northern outskirts of the city and encountered some sleezy sex shack called "Barely Illegal" [perfect name]. I walk up and everyone is dead. I read some data shard and turns out this guy came up to have sex with minors so they presented him a kid they yanked off the streets a couple of days ago, turns out the kid was that guy's daughter who went missing. Everyone panicked, a fight erupts, Trauma Team arrives, it's a mess.

8lUit5g.jpg

And some random shots because good lord the game is never NOT amazing to look at

OaXozbo.jpg

a5TX7DZ.jpg

5y2UBD2.jpg

fJQ11yf.jpg

Pawel Sasko just confirmed on his Twitch stream that the arcades were never planned to be playabale. They were always supposed to be cool background props. Sorry, Black Chamber Black Chamber
That's just dumb then.

What kind of "background prop" is it, when 100% of players are going to walk up to them hoping to play them?

GTA: SA had playable Arcade machines and Pool tables - and that was back in 2004🤬

stn

I haven't played since launch just because I'm waiting for them to patch it. I can't wait though, I loved what I did play.

Question: have they patched some of the visual bugs, such as your long sleeve gear always appearing as short-sleeve?

I haven't played since launch just because I'm waiting for them to patch it. I can't wait though, I loved what I did play.

Question: have they patched some of the visual bugs, such as your long sleeve gear always appearing as short-sleeve?
They’ve put out a few patches now so the game is patched….

one of the recent patches had i think ~500 fixes. they are now focusing mostly on new content for the game. i think it’s like 60% on new content and 40% on bug fixes. You should have a look and see what’s fixed. You can find all the patch notes here:

the game is now what it should’ve been at launch. well, i mean that as in majority bugs are fixed and performance on last gen consoles is about as good as it’s gonna ever get. the biggest issue now adding more content, gameplay, and QoL features. We’ll be getting the free DLCs soon and paid expansions likely next year.

im hoping the free dlc reworks a few gameplay things and adds some new features/improvements. Makes sense to do that cause it’s free so then everyone gets it.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member

I think the sleeves are short by design, because otherwise it would completely mess up your arm cybernetics. I mean, you need short sleeves for the Mantis Blades, or else you'd shred your outfit every time you use them.

Honestly I think this is a situation where aesthetic design and functional design clash, and functional had the upper hand [as it probably should].

I can only imagine the staff meeting where a clothes designer shows off all kinds of cool outfits and someone in the room says "...but what about the sleeves?" and someone else goes "...what about them?" and they all realize you can NEVER have an ingame model with long sleeves while any of the arm cybernetics are installed [which is basically always].

Environmental storytelling in this game is SO GOOD.

I love just cruising around, there's so much random content spread out all over the city, it's crazy.

My favorite moments are when you enter an area that's clearly an aftermath of some fight, dead people lying everywhere. I was driving around the northern outskirts of the city and encountered some sleezy sex shack called "Barely Illegal" [perfect name]. I walk up and everyone is dead. I read some data shard and turns out this guy came up to have sex with minors so they presented him a kid they yanked off the streets a couple of days ago, turns out the kid was that guy's daughter who went missing. Everyone panicked, a fight erupts, Trauma Team arrives, it's a mess.

8lUit5g.jpg

And some random shots because good lord the game is never NOT amazing to look at

OaXozbo.jpg

a5TX7DZ.jpg

5y2UBD2.jpg

fJQ11yf.jpg
My 1080 begs to differ.:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Top Bottom