• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Rikkori

CD Projekt appoints new game director for Cyberpunk​

Amatangelo joined CD Projekt in January 2020 as a creative director for Cyberpunk. Prior to the role, he worked as design director on Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC, as well as lead designer on various expansions for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Cringe Reaction GIF

Guilty_AI

Environmental storytelling in this game is SO GOOD.

I love just cruising around, there's so much random content spread out all over the city, it's crazy.

My favorite moments are when you enter an area that's clearly an aftermath of some fight, dead people lying everywhere. I was driving around the northern outskirts of the city and encountered some sleezy sex shack called "Barely Illegal" [perfect name]. I walk up and everyone is dead. I read some data shard and turns out this guy came up to have sex with minors so they presented him a kid they yanked off the streets a couple of days ago, turns out the kid was that guy's daughter who went missing. Everyone panicked, a fight erupts, Trauma Team arrives, it's a mess.
Ok, was just patiently waiting some for more DLCs patches and a good sale, but this bit right here made me want to play the game right away.

Still gonna wait some more tho

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A Cyberpunk 2077 player has discovered a possible connection between the open-world RPG and Red Dead Red Redemption 2, though some players think it's a stretch. Taking to Reddit, one player revealed a location in Cyberpunk 2077 that looks an awful lot like a location in Red Dead Redemption 2. The locations aren't identical, but the former certainly looks inspired by the latter.

Last edited:

TastyPastry

they put the bioware guy who was in charge of the cancelled cyberpunk multiplayer project in charge? in honestly feels like they don't give much of a shit anymore. i expect them to support cyberpunk with a new patch and some free dlc every other month and 2 mid sized expansions until sometime in 2022 and that's it. they'll move on to witcher 4. i wonder if they will do something with the cyberpunk IP again after that.

Ovek

7Member7

A Cyberpunk 2077 player has discovered a possible connection between the open-world RPG and Red Dead Red Redemption 2, though some players think it's a stretch. Taking to Reddit, one player revealed a location in Cyberpunk 2077 that looks an awful lot like a location in Red Dead Redemption 2. The locations aren't identical, but the former certainly looks inspired by the latter.

Eh it’s a rock in a desert surrounded by cactus how different is it supposed to look? I would say the person who took the screenshots went out of their way to make them seem similar so he or she could get Reddit “points” with some fake drama.

so I finally got a new PC a little while back and was able to run some of the newer games now. and of course, one of those games is Cyberpunk. so far I'm about a little over 50 hours in it (my first run, street kid) and I have to say, outside of the small glitches (both graphic and physics ones) here and there, game is top notch. the feel of the city when you're walking through it. the desert outside the city where I got to talk to the nomad people. the penthouse of the elite and the slum of the poor, they're all a treat to go through. this game's atmosphere is truly amazing. it really makes me wonder if only had they focused on polishing one version of the game and push it out before they work on the other ones, the game and the dev's reputation would had been so much different today, most likely for the better.

SJRB

Gold Member
Reading that patch list.. That's it? Are you serious right now?

Where are my mother fucking quality of life updates, CDPR???

Last edited:

Flabagast

Reading that patch list.. That's it? Are you serious right now?

Where are my mother fucking quality of life updates, CDPR???
They were focusing on getting the game back on PSN first & foremost as well as fixing most egregious bugs. Now that it is done on PS4 (and it is a major milestone achieved for CDPR), they can focus on quality of life updates. That is exactly what they said during the latest investor call.

We just need to be a little more patient.

I understand being patient but this game came out 7 months ago. Hearts of Stone came out 5 months after The Witcher 3 released and it added 10+ hours of gameplay. Blood and Wine came out 7 months after Hearts of Stone and it added 20+ hours of gameplay.

We are 7 months in and we haven't gotten a next gen release or even a measly free DLC for Cyberpunk. CD Projekt Red really fucked up this launch. I still have my disk but I refuse to press play until everything is fixed. I want to experience this game at its best, I want to play the true version that the developers dreamed off. And if I have to wait years I will.

mitchman

Gold Member
I understand being patient but this game came out 7 months ago. Hearts of Stone came out 5 months after The Witcher 3 released and it added 10+ hours of gameplay. Blood and Wine came out 7 months after Hearts of Stone and it added 20+ hours of gameplay.

We are 7 months in and we haven't gotten a next gen release or even a measly free DLC for Cyberpunk. CD Projekt Red really fucked up this launch. I still have my disk but I refuse to press play until everything is fixed. I want to experience this game at its best, I want to play the true version that the developers dreamed off. And if I have to wait years I will.
I expect their first DLC to be very meaty and include a lot of QoL fixes people have been asking for.

The released patch smells like backported patches to a patch branch from a "main" branch where the majority of development happens. This is very common in any major development involving a lot of people.

Release a game off a branch point, then continue longer development tasks on a main branch while backporting fixes and QoL improvement to the "release" branch point.

I wouldn't be surprised if the changelog on the main development branch is massive when they're done with that part, which is likely around the time the first DLC is out.

Roni

Gold Member
I expect their first DLC to be very meaty and include a lot of QoL fixes people have been asking for.

The released patch smells like backported patches to a patch branch from a "main" branch where the majority of development happens. This is very common in any major development involving a lot of people.

Release a game off a branch point, then continue longer development tasks on a main branch while backporting fixes and QoL improvement to the "release" branch point.

I wouldn't be surprised if the changelog on the main development branch is massive when they're done with that part, which is likely around the time the first DLC is out.
I've been defending CDPR a lot lately but the fact we got 1.23 instead of 1.3 pisses me off a bit... I was expecting this QoL stuff to be the free stuff. bug fixes are a given. then the paid DLC would be for extra main quests, new areas or whatever...

I think we're definitely going to space in DLC. I'm gifting Cyberpunk to people thanks to cheap PS4 physical copies.

Woggleman

I would play DLC where you play as Judy trying to run a sex club. Her story was one of my favorite parts of the game and she is a great character.

Reactions: Gp1

Armorian

Banned
Just completed the game, Johnny lives in the end.

This was quite a ride, on of the best gaming experiences I have had in months (or maybe even more?), game has its shortcomings but it quite fucking great. I have done probably like 80/90% of sidequests and experienced basically only some graphical bugs and glitches, nothing affecting gameplay.

I will give it 9/10

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
  • Fixed an issue where crafting specs from clothing stores were available only during the first visit to a vendor.

I can't believe it took them this long to fix this bug.

started playing again! just done "The Pickup" quest. i wanted to save Stout but i don't know where i went wrong. i went to meet Evelyn then I met with Stout. took her credit chip and i done something in the menu to hack it? when i met the Maelstrom i tried to pay with the chip but my only options were to fight or pay with my own money (didn't have enough to do that). had to fight my way out.

i think first time i played it i got as far as the start of Act 2 "Playing for Time". done a bit of side quests. so still got a bit to go before i start getting into content i haven't played. think i had about 22 hours played before i gave up.

the game is running much better for me. had a bug where the overheat warning was stuck on screen but otherwise feels good. i can run it at 1440p 70-120fps with everything on Ultra (no RTX though). that's with Performance DLSS on though. DLSS looks good except V looks a bit fuzzy in the menu.

Last edited:
I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this game. Yeah, it's still buggy as fuck. But I'm having so much fun. Story and characters are great. It's (mostly) immersive. And it's (usually) beautiful.

This game is half 2077 and a half 2005.

I'm playing this for the first time on 1.3 patch and already encountered 3 progression breaking bugs where I had to google how to continue.
- One time my contacts wouldn't spawn.To fix: I had to walk very slowly to their spawn point, talk twice to some random guitar player, save the game, reload the game , forward time 24 hours.... wtf
- Now I need to get to a cinema and the door wont open. I have to create a new save and reload.
- At one point V is having some kind of seizure, it wouldn't go away. I had to create a new save and reload...

I'm not even 20% in I think and already so many game breaking bugs.

Denton

I'm playing this for the first time on 1.3 patch and already encountered 3 progression breaking bugs where I had to google how to continue.
Meanwhile I played 1.0 20 minutes after it unlocked on steam and had one questbug that required reload in 160 hour playtime. Open world RPGs, the bane of QA everywhere.

mitchman

Gold Member
- One time my contacts wouldn't spawn.To fix: I had to walk very slowly to their spawn point, talk twice to some random guitar player, save the game, reload the game , forward time 24 hours.... wtf
- Now I need to get to a cinema and the door wont open. I have to create a new save and reload.
- At one point V is having some kind of seizure, it wouldn't go away. I had to create a new save and reload...

I'm not even 20% in I think and already so many game breaking bugs.
I've played through the game 5 times, all the way back from launch and recently last week. Never seen any of these issues. In all those playthroughs, I've had maybe a couple of bugs similar to those, and it could be worked around. What platform are you on? For me, it was XSX and PC for the playthroughs.

Top Bottom