• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

I've played through the game 5 times, all the way back from launch and recently last week. Never seen any of these issues. In all those playthroughs, I've had maybe a couple of bugs similar to those, and it could be worked around. What platform are you on? For me, it was XSX and PC for the playthroughs.
Yeah, I feel like I got really lucky with my PC playthrough. Granted I put only 90 or so hours into the game in a single playthrough, but I think I only experienced 1 progression breaking bug in a quest. All the other bugs I experienced were weird graphical and audio glitches like the voice acting randomly cutting out or getting out of sync.

Bullet Club

Patch 1.31 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available on PC, consoles, and Stadia. Here's the list of changes for this update.

Please note that the issues listed below did not affect all players.

Gameplay
  • Fixed an issue where after upgrading an item with a quest tag, the base version of said item wasn't removed from the inventory.
  • Fixed an issue where weapon reload speed perks slowed down reload time.
  • Corrected the height of the charged jump.
  • Adjusted enemies' stealth detection speed dependent on game difficulty.
  • V will no longer get stuck in falling animation when crashing a motorbike while also having "The Rock" perk.
Quests & Open World

Visual

• Fixed an issue where roads after rain did not look wet, which was the result of ongoing work on the Wet Surfaces System. In 1.31 wet surfaces should look more detailed than they did even before the issue occurred.
  • Removed hair and/or eyebrows in cases where they were set to "off" in earlier game versions.
  • Fixed an issue where shooting with a Tech weapon caused a momentary blinding light.
  • With a Little Help from My Friends — fixed an issue where Carol was missing her tablet or sitting in the air during a scene.
UI
  • Returned missing descriptions in Overheat and Short Circuit quickhack tooltips.
  • Returned missing descriptions for Backpacker, Resist!, Osmosis and Footloose clothing mods.
Miscellaneous
  • Fixed an issue where players couldn't claim in-game Registration Rewards due to the error: "A network error has occurred. Please try again later".
Console-specific
  • [PlayStation] GPU memory optimization.

Last edited:
getting back into the game. i wish they'd fix the sounds. i need to disable my PC sound loudness setting (turn it off) to even be able to hear the radio in game. also why the hell is V's footsteps so damn loud? sounds like she's walking around in big clown shoes.

the game still has visual bugs. there are lootable items stuck in walls (ashtrays, vinyl records, etc) and you have people waist deep in concrete. in some missions (seems to be braindance scenarios) the dialogue audio overlaps between characters. enemies still are dumb and will not notice you if you stand right infront of them.

seriously it's a joke that 10 months on the game is in this state.

Last edited:
lol so nobody has posted in here since i lasted posted over 2 weeks ago. thought worth (or not worth) bumping.

apparently this is an updated roadmap

c1jiOEW85hhLdPl2zf6b_qK7xRq0HI9szX2cUfPMgxY.jpg

so guess no more patches this year. well done CDPR. everything has been pushed to Q1 22. patches, free dlc, next gen update.

WTF are they doing (or not doing) over there in Poland? I know the game got a shit load of negativity and they were hacked but c'mon....the game is almost 11 months since release and we've had 1 free dlc. OK there were patches but looking at that image it seems with patches they keep fucking things up cause there are 6 hotfixes vs 5 patches.

things must be really bad if they can't even put out free DLC or patches with bug fixes.

Last edited:

Flabagast

lol so nobody has posted in here since i lasted posted over 2 weeks ago. thought worth (or not worth) bumping.

apparently this is an updated roadmap

c1jiOEW85hhLdPl2zf6b_qK7xRq0HI9szX2cUfPMgxY.jpg

so guess no more patches this year. well done CDPR. everything has been pushed to Q1 22. patches, free dlc, next gen update.

WTF are they doing (or not doing) over there in Poland? I know the game got a shit load of negativity and they were hacked but c'mon....the game is almost 11 months since release and we've had 1 free dlc. OK there were patches but looking at that image it seems with patches they keep fucking things up cause there are 6 hotfixes vs 5 patches.

things must be really bad if they can't even put out free DLC or patches with bug fixes.
Its an fake update map made by a Reddit poster, nothing official.

stop being angry and believing everything you see on the Internet (we are in 2021 god damn it) and next time check your sources

Its an fake update map made by a Reddit poster, nothing official.

stop being angry and believing everything you see on the Internet (we are in 2021 god damn it) and next time check your sources
Won’t you check before acting like an ass

sorry for bumping lol no new info just sharing my thoughts on it....i finally finished the damn game. bought it at launch. refunded it. bought it again for like 50% off after a few patches. tried to play it and stopped (not because of the game i just didn't have time). went back to it and finally got through it.

the game had so much potential but i'm just gonna say it: i didn't really enjoy it. crazy i know... everyone has been hating on the game since it came out. i really wanted to love it but there is just so much stuff wrong with it. i went into it thinking i'd take my time doing side quests but the main story always has you fucking rushing to the next mission. so it never felt right to stop and do side stuff. i focused on the main story and it was too damn short. also i lost track of wtf was going on at times. the ending came too quick and i didn't really feel like i had much choice over what ending i wanted.

i did plan to go back and do side quests but yknow what...i don't even care right now. i've been trying to play the game for 11 months and honestly i just want it out the way. maybe one day i'll go back and replay it when all the dlc/expansions are out. i felt like i got my moneys worth and i saw the credits roll so that's it. i'm spending no more energy on this game.

the main story has awful pacing. from very early on it's all go go go. let me take some time to do side quests. to be fair this is a issue with a lot of games (even Witcher 3 which i loved). the map is amazing to look at but it's just there as decoration. there's nothing to do and the buildings you can go into are just glorified menus (gun shops, cyberware, restaurants, etc). the game is definitely NOT an RPG. it has RPG elements but they meant shit. i never felt like i was getting any benefit from levelling shit up. there is no point upgrading weapons/gear. the stuff you pick up as you go will get the job done. i tried saving money up for cars/cyberware but the game doesn't give you much. i finished with 24,000. of course i could do side quests but if i take the time to do them it fucks with the narrative of the main story. i did buy some cyberware but again like the stats...never felt like they were meaningful. i got through the game with the shitty car you start with and i got some guys bike (not jackies).

the game just seems to unbalanced and all over the place. the main story is the best thing it has going for it because i loved the characters but the story itself is a mess. night city is incredible. i spent 50 hours playing and i feel like i never saw everything. but sadly there is no reason to explore. it's full of brain dead NPCs and locked doors.

maybe i'm not being 100% fair because i didn't do everything the game has to offer but the game never really got me hooked enough to want to do everything. what CDPR do next is important. they can either fuck around and move onto Witcher 4. if that's the case then fine i will never go back to Cyberpunk. but if they come back and try repair their reputation and make the game better i will be happy to give the game another try when it's truly finished.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Isn't it strange I cannot wait for Witcher 3 GotY to be on discount again so I can replay it AGAIN (2xPC, 1xPS4 Pro, now I want XSX), but I do not give a damn about this game?

Last edited:

mansoor1980

• These Boots Are Made for Walkin' - V's old car will no longer be missing.
oh yes baby , the new patch even has VRS support for PC and a ton of fixes/additions

Most of the changes dont seem to impact me as a stealth player...and I was debating whether to replay now and just not buy new stuff or wait. I dont care about npc reacting to me shooting in the air or at them, because I never do that...nor do I care about civilian cars reacting to that shit either...it seems like most changes were to fix all the dumb memes they were made fun of, isntead of you know..actually adding good stuff in it. I am curios if they fixed the gabrage stealth takedown animations. If they havent they can fuck off.

EdGalTBR

Banned

Xbox Series S appears to be running at parity of resolution (1440p) and effects as the Xbox Series X and Playstation, but at half the frame rate. It's a huge improvement over the previous version, which ran at 1080p. The game seems to be very well optimized on the Series S.

A dynamic 1080p mode with 60FPS is perfectly viable and it's only a matter of time.

Compared to the Xbox One X version, the Series S version is superior in absolutely every way.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Apparently one of the changes was that RT shadows applies to other lights now and not only just the sun. That should be interesting. I'll load it up again sometime just to test that out.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Loaded my last save from a year ago (XSX) where I finished the main story. Obviously it's been a while so I'll start a new walkthrough.

I already did male Nomad so this time I'll go female Street Kid.

I'm curious if they balanced the brawls. I remember barely squeaking by the twins and then getting demolished in the other ones.
That first person view was worse than Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

Chronicle

I've been waiting and waiting for this game to come out on PS5. I'm so glad I waited. Looks like it was a true disaster. However, I just got this game the other day when it stealth dropped for 30 bucks. I gotta say, I'm only a few missions in, very early in the game, but it has a great feel to it. It's dark, gritty and mature. It looks to have some serious depth, and I'm eager to see where it takes me. My gripe is that it's so beautiful and interesting that I'm always looking at tiny details, but my phone's ringing, I have hints popping up, I have stories being spouted in my ear, I'm trying to grasp the gameplay and tweak settings and man.... it's a whole lot to take in. I hope I can get past this and figure it out. It looks to be a massive game.

On a side note I can't see why people are still complaining about it. I mean what video game doesn't have npcs doing strange things here and there? The city is alive and well on my PS5. This game should be loved (now) not hated. Looks gorgeous to me too.

I'll probably be on here asking questions. I hope you dont mind. I chose dude and nomad wearing underwear. Wanna mash some dudes. I love becoming overpowered in video games. I'm like....'you wanna piece of me? Do you really wanna piece of me?' Love it.

On a side note, I'm disappointed that I just preordered Horizon to play ause I had no games. Then they drop this. I'd much rather play this. Not knocking Horizon, I'll get to it, but I could have waited. Cyberpunk is much more up my alley in terms of style.

Reactions: Gp1

mitchman

Gold Member
Loaded my last save from a year ago (XSX) where I finished the main story. Obviously it's been a while so I'll start a new walkthrough.

I already did male Nomad so this time I'll go female Street Kid.

I'm curious if they balanced the brawls. I remember barely squeaking by the twins and then getting demolished in the other ones.
That first person view was worse than Elder Scrolls Oblivion.
Invest some perks into brawls and they're easy. Don't invest and they are hard.

Trunim

I opted out to add some cybernetics to my face/body in the character creation. It seems that I can't add it later now at the mirror, which is pretty logical. But will cybernetics appear on my face when I equip it? I felt that I wanted to start clean for the immersion and then add it during my playthrough.

Roberts

Didn’t play it on release even though I bought it for my XSX. Finally started playing, 25-30 hours in this feels like a total masterpiece. Wipes the floor with every open-worlder released over the last few years (except Halo Infinite) just purely based on its strenght to immerse you in the world.

NickFire

Bought cheap, waited for new gen to actually play it, and very happy I did. It's a great game on new gen. So far I've only seen one bug too, which were two NPC's stuck together. The lack of bugs compared to my expectations made the first one noticeable even though it was completely unrelated to any mission. I'd say they did a great job fixing this game before launch of new gen (based on reports from prior year).

Vaelka

I returned the game because of the bad PC performance at launch ( especially in combat ), but bought it today since I heard it got better.
It surprised me a little how few mods there are for the game.

Alright so here I am a year and a half later, finally trying it out after the next gen patch.

I picked the nomad lifepath but I'm utterly confused as to how this is playing out so far. The beginning of the game makes it seem like V has been living his whole life out int he desert, never been to Night City, yet he shows up and is having conversations with people like he's known them for years? He basically tells the ripperdoc guy "have I ever ripped you off before?" Uh..didn't you just show up?

Was that weird montage at the beginning supposed to suggest that V showed up and made all thes acquaintances and friends? Does the story get more cohesive than this?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Jonathan Ferguson, a weapons expert and Keeper of Firearms & Artillery at the Royal Armouries, breaks down the weaponry of Cyberpunk 2077, including Johnny Silverhand’s Malorian Arms, the Palica Smart Shotgun, and, of course, the talking gun, SKIPPY.

00:00 - Opening
00:44 - Johnny Silverhand's Malorian Arms
02:21 - HJSH-18 Masamune
03:57 - DB-4 Palica Smart Shotgun
05:13 - DR5 Nova
06:45 - Kongou
08:52 - DA8 Umbra
10:10 - Guillotine SMG
12:19 - DR-12 Quasar
14:46 - SKIPPY
17:50 - Achilles

Alright so here I am a year and a half later, finally trying it out after the next gen patch.

I picked the nomad lifepath but I'm utterly confused as to how this is playing out so far. The beginning of the game makes it seem like V has been living his whole life out int he desert, never been to Night City, yet he shows up and is having conversations with people like he's known them for years? He basically tells the ripperdoc guy "have I ever ripped you off before?" Uh..didn't you just show up?

Was that weird montage at the beginning supposed to suggest that V showed up and made all thes acquaintances and friends? Does the story get more cohesive than this?
Yes, the montage after the prologue is you hanging out with Jackie for a few months. Yes, everyone wishes it was playable.

Yes, the montage after the prologue is you hanging out with Jackie for a few months. Yes, everyone wishes it was playable.

A few months?! Shit, they could've made that a little more clear. Alright I guess I'll keep that in mind going forward as I meet all these people who talk as if we've known each other for decades.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A Cyberpunk 2077 mod that enables the player to use weapons while driving and overhauls the police system to create frequent vehicle chases and combat.

Top Bottom