• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Review Thread

Should we lock this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 196 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 628 76.2%

• Total voters

harmny

Banned
As for an answer, you had already gone off the rails like 3 other times and started freaking out about interactive chairs and shit. I couldn't make heads or tails of what you were saying and while you think I have ESP I do not. I had no clue later on which of your many points you were even trying to remake or make.

i never went off the rails. my point was clear from the beginning. if a developer add systems and those systems are not perfect you are giving people reasons to attack your game. on the other hand. if you never have those systems in the first place no one will complain about them because you can't complain about something you never knew about.

and the example i used is how they added a barebones wanted system or the different cars and now you have reviews, threads and hundreds of videos talking about how the game is worse than GTA. When in fact 95% of open world action adventure / rpgs are even worse at open world activities (like AC, GoT, HZD, Spiderman or even TW) and nobody complains about it and they even praise the world in those games.

you for example said that the lifepaths don't change anything and you were dissapointed. well if the lifepaths never existed in the first place and cdpr decided that for example everyone would be a street kid you wouldn't be criticizing the lack of lifepaths.

Last edited:

Madflavor

those "corpos" were born poor in communist poland and founded this company that went from nothing to what it is today. so without them the game (or cdpr for that matter) wouldn't exist at all.
and they were still an indie company when they got the rights for the game in 2012 and look the game they delivered now.

So what? Because they came from a poor upbringing that excuses their shady behavior?

i never went off the rails. my point was clear from the beginning. if a developer add systems and those systems are not perfect you are giving people reasons to attack your game. on the other hand. if you never have those systems in the first place no one will complain about them because you can't complain about something you never knew about.

and the example i used is how they added a barebones wanted system or the different cars and now you have reviews, threads and hundreds of videos talking about how the game is worse than GTA. When in fact 95% of open world action adventure / rpgs are even worse at open world activities (like AC, GoT, HZD, Spiderman or even TW) and nobody complains about it and they even praise the world in those games.

you for example said that the lifepaths don't change anything and you were dissapointed. well if the lifepaths never existed in the first place and cdpr decided that for example everyone would be a street kid you wouldn't be criticizing the lack of lifepaths.

I think you've figured it out

Basically, just don't make games! that way there's nothing to critique!

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
I think you've figured it out

Basically, just don't make games, that way there's nothing to critique!

it's working for you. no one is criticizing you for how shit your games are.

Hahaha. Exactly.

good one karak. real mature. do you know why it has been pleasant? because shitting on cdpr is the new trend right now. you are not doing anything controversial at all.

So what? Because they came from a poor upbringing that excuses their shady behavior?

nope. the rest of the sentence was more important. without them there would be no company. no game. and no devs to shit on.

Last edited:

nowhat

The rain effects are broken completely
I was checking out the latest patch on a Pro, and was playing a mission where I have to sit in a car with an NPC, it was raining. And the NPC's face kept switching between "early PS3 vaseline face" and "early PS4 low-texture face".

I thought at first I had just stumbled across another random bug until I realised what was happening - the vaseline version was "wet face", the other "dry face". And the game kept altering between the two, depending if there was some roof or such above us. Never mind we were inside a vehicle (and not a convertible at that).

Oh and more on-topic, great review Karak Karak - I pretty much agree with it entirely. There is fun to be had in the game, but it's not what was promised/what I anticipated.

Last edited:
Personally, I have a huge backlog between ps3, ps4, and Switch games. I can wait until the game is ready as it already looks really nice. I imagine it will an 11 on 10 in March through May so I'm not gonna sweat these details. That, and I have had 36 crashes on ps4 pro, so I am gonna do other things until around February at the earliest. Eventually everything in this game will be fixed, and all the haters will disappear back into their caves until the next big game comes out for them to hate on endlessly.

Last edited:

Karak

I was checking out the latest patch on a Pro, and was playing a mission where I have to sit in a car with an NPC, it was raining. And the NPC's face kept switching between "early PS3 vaseline face" and "early PS4 low-texture face".

I thought at first I had just stumbled across another random bug until I realised what was happening - the vaseline version was "wet face", the other "dry face". And the game kept altering between the two, depending if there was some roof or such above us. Never mind we were inside a vehicle (and not a convertible at that).

Oh and more on-topic, great review Karak Karak - I pretty much agree with it entirely. There is fun to be had in the game, but it's not what was promised/what I anticipated.
Ya not sure if the patch made it worse or what but thankfully they know. When it comes to GFX stuff I just cross my fingers and hope that part gets to some passable moment. The other stuff I am not sure. As another dev stated "adding back in cut content is infinitely harder than removing it and sniping out edges"

Last edited:

Senua

I can't argue there if you don't get bothered by them. The rain effects are broken completely and stop prior to the character and have a broken buffer check, and even the devs know and are fixing. Though since it appears to be some kind of weird sheet, as others have pointed out, I am not sure if it will look great ever.
The popin is hideous and was bad enough that CDPR was investigating the .ini fix themselves and made mention of the mod in their patch notes.
I don't have much to state other than the devs themselves are working on it and if they seem to think its a big deal...I don't think mentioning it is somehow against type.

BUT I also stated I loved the look of the game in many places.

So I mean...harsh to mention them? I don't see how. That would be ridiculous as the game doesn't need a hug. However, discussing all the parts of a game's graphics good and bad? Personally, I think that should happen.

99.9% of the people are not. Its actually been highly pleasant lol.
No not harsh to mention them, I just thought you were harsh on those graphical effects, considering how good the game looks compared to the other titles. I honestly didn't notice that much egregious pop in, but that's not to say it isn't there or I just notice it less

Shame this doesn't open up a more meaningful dialogue on what it means to be a critic when games evolve, is the purpose simply to judge a game's launch state to help someone from not spending the full 60 right then? I've wanted this question discussed before for games such as Destiny, every major installment/expansion for Destiny is given its review scores prior to multiple weekly free content drops including a new raid. Reviews for Forsaken existed prior to an entire new quest line becoming available after the completion of the Raid that also didn't factor into their review. You might think this is just how things have to be but I ask what use such reviews are to a fan of the franchise? My favorite MOBA is probably Awesomenauts, but reviews are for a version of it that I wouldn't call "feature complete", it's genuinely like they reviewed the early access of a game that took close to a year to hit its peak. Videos comparing the new patch for Cyberpunk to the prior one are actually more informative at this point but overall the game seems to be on a path to what it should have been at launch by around February, nevermind what free DLCs it may get. I think it's fine to tell people buyer beware for last gen versions, I'd be surprised if those can be improved much, though.

Yoboman

i will answer you. because the game is not gta. the game is not a sandbox focused on random open world interactions and activities. its a narrative driven action adventure rpg.do you compare gta quests, side quests, dialogue choices, leveling, skills, builds, perks and player agency to cyberpunk or the witcher? or criticize it for the lack of those features?
why don't you compare the game to other games of its genre like HZD. GoT. AC. Spiderman. TW3. and see how all of those worlds are even more just "facades" with braindead random npcs that don't do crap. btw in all of the games i mentioned you can't even kill them and there is no law system at all. however nobody complains about that and reviewers praise the world
Cyberpunk is trying to do the things GTA does and is doing them poorly

GTA does not try to do the things Cyberpunk is doing. If the next GTA game tried them and did them poorly then they would get rightfully criticised

Madflavor

Shame this doesn't open up a more meaningful dialogue on what it means to be a critic when games evolve, is the purpose simply to judge a game's launch state to help someone from not spending the full 60 right then? I've wanted this question discussed before for games such as Destiny, every major installment/expansion for Destiny is given its review scores prior to multiple weekly free content drops including a new raid. Reviews for Forsaken existed prior to an entire new quest line becoming available after the completion of the Raid that also didn't factor into their review. You might think this is just how things have to be but I ask what use such reviews are to a fan of the franchise? My favorite MOBA is probably Awesomenauts, but reviews are for a version of it that I wouldn't call "feature complete", it's genuinely like they reviewed the early access of a game that took close to a year to hit its peak. Videos comparing the new patch for Cyberpunk to the prior one are actually more informative at this point but overall the game seems to be on a path to what it should have been at launch by around February, nevermind what free DLCs it may get. I think it's fine to tell people buyer beware for last gen versions, I'd be surprised if those can be improved much, though.

The game might get it's second chance with reviewers with the next gen versions. If I were CDPR, I'd put off the next gen version until the vast majority of bugs are ironed out, things have been balanced more properly, AI fixed, and quality of life features added. Then release the next gen version.

Call it Cyberpunk 2077: Rebooted or some shit like that.

harmny

Banned
That he's so grateful to Marcin Iwiński for founding CDPR he'd even let him fuck his wife
he is fucking my wife right now in fact while i play cyberpunk 2077.

So what's your point exactly?
i made my point.

Cyberpunk is trying to do the things GTA does and is doing them poorly

GTA does not try to do the things Cyberpunk is doing. If the next GTA game tried them and did them poorly then they would get rightfully criticised

so you agree with me then. don't even try and get a better reception.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I agree with most here... Cyberpunk tried to copy a lot of things from GTA so the comparisons are fair.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm seeing a lot of folks saying it is unfair to compare Night City in Cyberpunk to GTA.

I will ask why it is unfair to expect it to exceed a game built on 14 year old console hardware.

Night City is a fucking facade and it is an absolute gods damn disappointment.

Cyberpunk is open world Deus Ex. It's not trying to be GTA.

Sure, I would have loved if it had more "emergent gameplay," and interactivity with random NPCs, etc. but it pulls off being an open world version of Deus Ex really well if you ask me.

Krisprolls

Banned
Cyberpunk is going to be the most divisive game for some time. Hell I don't even know if I loved it or not after finishing the game with different endings.

There are a lot of things to love in it, and a lot of things to hate too. It's the kind of games that should have been a masterpiece but something happened along the way and it was never finished. I think they'll make it closer to the finish line somehow but it will take a while and it will never be what it should have been.

I think I enjoyed it a lot overall but that was because I played it as an action adventure game and accepted its linearity. Just play the biggest quests and you'll like it.

If you absolutely want a RPG where choices matter, or a great dynamic open world, then the best you can do is move on, because they weren't able to finish those parts, and it's a shame because we would probably have a masterpiece in our hands.

It really feels like somebody forced them to rush the game out of the door in an unfinished state. On any platform actually, though obviously last gen versions are just a dumpster fire.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Cyberpunk is open world Deus Ex. It's not trying to be GTA.

Sure, I would have loved if it had more "emergent gameplay," and interactivity with random NPCs, etc. but it pulls off being an open world version of Deus Ex really well if you ask me.

Deus Ex has hundreds of copy pasted open world activities spread out across an open world map?

That's not any Deus Ex I ever played.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Deus Ex has hundreds of copy pasted open world activities spread out across an open world map?

That's not any Deus Ex I ever played.

Deus Ex is not open world. Cyberpunk takes Deus Ex game design and puts it in an open world. Maybe you don't like it, but that's how I see it.

EDMIX

Deus Ex is not open world. Cyberpunk takes Deus Ex game design and puts it in an open world. Maybe you don't like it, but that's how I see it.

Ok, but its still in a OPEN WORLD. One must expect a comparison to GTA considering its a game with crime, cars, people, in a city etc. If they didn't want the comparison, maybe not make a game with vehicles, about crime, in a city with cops. I mean...seriously folks, the excuse that it has "Deus Ex game design", is not some magical argument to OMIT OBVIOUS FEATURES.

You telling me its illegal to have both Deus Ex game design and cops that chase after you or? My god...the reaching to make excuses for this company is getting a bit ridiculous. I can only really judge this based on its peers. You are in a fucking OPEN WORLD and humans behave as such and you have COPS and NOTHING is wrong with the city (ie apocalypse, aliens take over etc) , no excuse on why they are not going after you for committing crimes and chasing you in a car.

How the fuck is this game running on PS4 and XONE? Magic? Are those not Deus Ex features in regards to hacking?

What is to stop Ubisoft from just putting that shit in First Person and having the Far Cry team handle the gunplay, cars and having the Watchdogs team handle the world design and just swap from 3rd to first person? Really look at what Cyberpunk is at its core.

Its a fucking first person shooter in a city with cars and people and you can hack stuff.... are we REALLY talking about something that can't be done this gen and we've never seen this gen or? This game literally has LESS features then other open world games, features that would be expected in any future city, unless you telling me in the future cops can't drive cars and forgot or something.

I think you want to see it this way because it gives a excuse on the game missing so many obvious elements. So I feel more then confident with completing this game's single player ,that Ubisoft would have no fucking issue releasing a bigger game, with more features, thats actually working as Cyberpunk in many regards is a STEP DOWN.

Imagine asking Ubisoft to make a Far Cry or Watchdogs game that is smaller then their other games, cops don't drive cars, don't have any planes or BOATS like in Far Cry series and really believe you are asking them to do more or something, they'd smoke CDPR if they even decided to go this route in a Far Cry game, as CP2077 is as shallow as that, if not more so.

Far Cry Future could very much do as follows.
SMALLER open world.
Planes
Boats
Cars....(cops chase cars)
Skill tree

We already have a team (and many teams) that can do this. What is even being asked of CDPR isn't some new, revolutionary thing either.

Stop with this excuse that it being like Deus Ex suddenly supports so many lacking features, how come 3 fucking Watchdogs games exist? So they know how to have this feature and have Deus Ex design with hacking, but poor CDPR can't do it cause its just too revolutionary or?

So imho I think they don't have cop cars chasing people just like they don't have a REAL class system, just like they don't have tattoo shops, just like they don't have barbers, just like they don't have boats, planes, just like they don't have a REAL AI system etc. The game is unfinished and they removed likely lots of things that simply didn't work. They already confirmed the game isn't ready my friend, how do we know not being ready was also them scrapping any actual features that would make sense in a open world? Design? Ok.....are we sure thats no due to being rushed, unfinished as all the bugs and glichtes and crashes would show?

How do we REALLY know those elements are not missing based on how badly this game was developed as why even have this type of open world if it wasn't made to be used in the first place? Think about it, is slow AI that GTAIII circa 2001 even beats a "Deus Ex design" too or? We need to be able to separate what is wrong with the game with broken development and what is simply based on design.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Cyberpunk tries to take from a lot of different games. Deus Ex and GTA being two

I suppose. I really don't get a "GTA" impression from the game at all other than the crime system (which is complete dogshit in Cyberpunk and seems like it's in a pre-alpha state) and the ability to drive most vehicles. Nothing else really feels similar at all. Traversal, game mechanics, level design, etc. are all basically taken from Deus Ex and executed rather well.

EDMIX

yes. what is stopping them? why don't they make a game better than cyberpunk? sounds super easy.

lol After Far Cry 6 they probably will. They have all the elements to do exactly this.

Open world
Cars (cops chasing them as that shit would be copy paste Watchdogs cop system)
Planes (can't do in CP2077)
Boats (can't do in CP2077)
Skill tree
Hacking

We are not really talking about something those teams have not done. Several of those thing CDPR can't even do correctly, so its looking very, very likely that Ubisoft is seeing that 13 million and they likely see how easy it is to throw a Far Cry game in that setting.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
lol After Far Cry 6 they probably will. They have all the elements to do exactly this.
yeah they will. they also have 20000 employees so they can destroy cdpr easily. make it happen yves. ezpz. also beyond good and evil 2 has been in development since 2007. it's going to be a masterpiece

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
How does anyone watch the opening cinematic that plays everytime the game loads up and say "the game is not meant to have an interactive open world"
you interact with the world the way you interact with the world in narrative driven open world games. doing quests.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
you interact with the world the way you interact with the world in narrative driven open world games. doing quests.
But barely anything changes in the world based on the life path you take. It's barely dynamic based on that. So no, it's not alive, and it's just a set dressing.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
How does anyone watch the opening cinematic that plays everytime the game loads up and say "the game is not meant to have an interactive open world"

I'm sure that was their original intention, but I don't put much salt in CG "flavor" videos. I'd consider most video games to be complete lies if I did.

The lack of a more compelling connecting tissue and interwoven systems is disappointing. I imagine they had to cut back a ton on their ambitions, unfortunately. With that said, the mainline quests and many of the side quests are awesome and the moment to moment gameplay is very satisfying to me. The visuals and city itself is incredibly well-crafted. I absolutely love the atmosphere and it's just a lot of fun to roam around even without more meaningful emergent moments.

I also think what they have done with the first-person perspective is really quite an achievement that deserves more recognition.

Last edited by a moderator:

EDMIX

yeah they will. they also have 20000 employees so they can destroy cdpr easily. make it happen yves. ezpz. also beyond good and evil 2 has been in development since 2007. it's going to be a masterpiece

lol I don't think they will destroy CDPR, but they have all the means to take a huge chunk of that market. 13 million is a lot of copies for a game barely doing base level GTA, Watchdogs, Far Cry stuff.

They will see the opening. They can legit make a smaller world, brag that you can fly planes, futuristic boats etc. That isn't something they've never fucking done before, its literally just Far Cry in the future lol Ubisoft will easily pull that off as they already have a game like that pulling off way more with Watchdogs.

Beyond Good And Evil 2 is also a title where its scale is beyond either game to be trying to change the subject to make it seem as if they can't do a Far Cry game in the future. You just seem mad many are shitting on this games poor quality and lack of features is all.

Its why you are even trying to move the conversation to talking about Beyond Good and Evil 2.

So...on topic.

Far Cry 7 aka 2077 with more features.

Isn't a hard feat for Ubisoft. They make that fucking series like clockwork and you'd just be asking them to make a smaller game and combine Watchdog features. For 13 million units, Ubisoft is very much going to seek to make a futuristic open world title. Those elements are not new to them, they are new to CDPR.

As to why they are struggling to even meet GTA3 features and AI.

That isn't an issue for Ubisoft.

So the idea of them just combining those 2 things isn't some wild, revolutionary thing to that company and I won't be shocked when they do it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
sure. just a dressing like in 95% of other open world games.

100%. I still really enjoy each Assassin's Creed game, but I don't go in expecting their open worlds to have any meaningful dynamic gameplay. It's all a grand set for the quests to play out in.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
lol I don't think they will destroy CDPR, but they have all the means to take a huge chunk of that market. 13 million is a lot of copies for a game barely doing base level GTA, Watchdogs, Far Cry stuff.

They will see the opening. They can legit make a smaller world, brag that you can fly planes, futuristic boats etc. That isn't something they've never fucking done before, its literally just Far Cry in the future lol Ubisoft will easily pull that off as they already have a game like that pulling off way more with Watchdogs.

Beyond Good And Evil 2 is also a title where its scale is beyond either game to be trying to change the subject to make it seem as if they can't do a Far Cry game in the future. You just seem mad many are shitting on this games poor quality and lack of features is all.

Its why you are even trying to move the conversation to talking about Beyond Good and Evil 2.

So...on topic.

Far Cry 7 aka 2077 with more features.

Isn't a hard feat for Ubisoft. They make that fucking series like clockwork and you'd just be asking them to make a smaller game and combine Watchdog features. For 13 million units, Ubisoft is very much going to seek to make a futuristic open world title. Those elements are not new to them, they are new to CDPR.

As to why they are struggling to even meet GTA3 features and AI.

That isn't an issue for Ubisoft.

So the idea of them just combining those 2 things isn't some wild, revolutionary thing to that company and I won't be shocked when they do it.

I imagine they will get it to a similar place as something like Watch Dogs Legion. The nonexistent NPC AI and the crime system with magical spawning police are truly inexcusable, but the base pieces are there. They just need to make some tweaks to their behavior and boom, we've got at least the bare minimum of an "emergent" world. Personally, it's not a deal breaker for me, since the quests and activities are the main draw.

EDMIX

I imagine they will get it to a similar place as something like Watch Dogs Legion. The nonexistent NPC AI and the crime system with magical spawning police are truly inexcusable, but the base pieces are there. They just need to make some tweaks to their behavior and boom, we've got at least the bare minimum of an "emergent" world. Personally, it's not a deal breaker for me, since the quests and activities are the main draw.

I feel the same way, but all that makes me feel is that they should have just made a linear game. I'm more hype for CP2077-2 aka CP2079 lol then I am for what else they add as I feel it hurts soooooooo much of the game. Once I was done with the single player, I knew doing the side quest was going to have me shelve that game for good.

So much needs to be overhauled with that team its not even funny as I want to know what on Earth was going on at that developer during this development to legit lack cop chases in a game about crime, with cops and cars. I don't know if its just that the team can't do it, the engine wasn't made for this, the management was asking them to do something in a unrealistic time frame etc

So I'm hype either for a sequel or if Ubisoft jumps on the "we in da future wit neon lights" train. As Watchdogs and Far Cry have many elements that would have been expected and needed in CP2077. Ubisoft is going to be bragging about working trains, cop chases, flying planes and shit lol

I hope that pushes CDPR to actually meet or beat those features. None of this hurts an open world, it only makes it more immersive.

Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping lol AGREED! You just get several random ass people like "oh so I was told you can do XYZ" and proceed to spam your phone. Its as if they forgot this was an open world game, those people should have been folks you meet at a bar, dark alley, gang hide out etc. For fucks sake, you have a city USE IT. Its like the people making the missions and people making the open world and people making the narrative never spoke to each other.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm hype either for a sequel or if Ubisoft jumps on the "we in da future wit neon lights" train.

That's what I was really hoping Legion would be. A dystopian near future London. Instead we got some goofy-ass Antifa simulator or something (I honestly don't know what it is, but I know it's not for me).

Gtafans93

The funny thing is, if you only play the game once you'd never realise how many things actually change by both doing things differently and making different choices. The things play out & appear differently in the world but if you only see it once you won't realise it. The Meredith situation being a prime example, because it would involve swimming to see it, which 99% won't figure out. Or at the beginning of corpo run, where it says "in 2 minutes.." and if you actually wait 2 minutes you see it happening, etc.
There's a lot of layers to the game that will not be immediately obvious to 'muh gta' crowd because if you don't slap them in the face with it they won't notice. Just the sad reality of an ADD generation.
Exacly, to get the Religious one you have to not shoot the guard, First time I did but died second time I let it play out and BAM! whole new quest line, Then in another quest I got a side mission from a new guy and F'd it up and well now not any more sidequests, from him, Honestly the design is fantastic.

nowhat

Cyberpunk takes Deus Ex game design and puts it in an open world.
Tries to, at any rate. The level design in Human Revolution (released almost a decade ago) completely wipes the floor with how "levels" (or buildings/quest areas) are done in Cyberpunk. With Cyberpunk, the traversal options/entry points to a level are just soooo much more limited. But I guess the enemy AI compensates for this - why bother with elaborate stealth, when either your enemies are completely blind or see you through walls.

vpance

Doing a second playthough and another big peve I have with the game are the fixers.

There's no build up with them. You just get a random call with a shit introduction and then you're off doing a load of fetch quests for them.

Massive waste of potential there. Just lazy

I remember that, from my 1 hour game time. Why are all these people calling me and why did I auto pick up when I didn't choose to answer.

Gtafans93

Tries to, at any rate. The level design in Human Revolution (released almost a decade ago) completely wipes the floor with how "levels" (or buildings/quest areas) are done in Cyberpunk. With Cyberpunk, the traversal options/entry points to a level are just soooo much more limited. But I guess the enemy AI compensates for this - why bother with elaborate stealth, when either your enemies are completely blind or see you through walls.
You really think that. Because I replayed both human revolution and Mankind divided and the level designs about the same in them and Cyberpunk, Always another route, hell I'd argue Cyberpunk has more options at times,

Since far cry got brought up I wanted to say as someone who's been an avid fan of the shooter genre since Doom originally released that this game has better shooting than far cry any far cry. Most of I love the far cry series is the freedom it affords you when taking out outposts and such but I always thought the shooting was a little weak in those games especially considering it's their main thing most outposts I try to do stealth prefer it if I can do stealth perfectly. Cyberpunk is a game where the shooting is so satisfying the only reason I ever use stealth is so I don't get yelled at and get lesser rewards from my fixers. also since we're stuck on Grand theft Auto it's also better than Grand theft Auto for shooting.

Ok, but its still in a OPEN WORLD. One must expect a comparison to GTA considering its a game with crime, cars, people, in a city etc. If they didn't want the comparison, maybe not make a game with vehicles, about crime, in a city with cops. I mean...seriously folks, the excuse that it has "Deus Ex game design", is not some magical argument to OMIT OBVIOUS FEATURES.

You telling me its illegal to have both Deus Ex game design and cops that chase after you or? My god...the reaching to make excuses for this company is getting a bit ridiculous. I can only really judge this based on its peers. You are in a fucking OPEN WORLD and humans behave as such and you have COPS and NOTHING is wrong with the city (ie apocalypse, aliens take over etc) , no excuse on why they are not going after you for committing crimes and chasing you in a car.

How the fuck is this game running on PS4 and XONE? Magic? Are those not Deus Ex features in regards to hacking?

What is to stop Ubisoft from just putting that shit in First Person and having the Far Cry team handle the gunplay, cars and having the Watchdogs team handle the world design and just swap from 3rd to first person? Really look at what Cyberpunk is at its core.

Its a fucking first person shooter in a city with cars and people and you can hack stuff.... are we REALLY talking about something that can't be done this gen and we've never seen this gen or? This game literally has LESS features then other open world games, features that would be expected in any future city, unless you telling me in the future cops can't drive cars and forgot or something.

I think you want to see it this way because it gives a excuse on the game missing so many obvious elements. So I feel more then confident with completing this game's single player ,that Ubisoft would have no fucking issue releasing a bigger game, with more features, thats actually working as Cyberpunk in many regards is a STEP DOWN.

Imagine asking Ubisoft to make a Far Cry or Watchdogs game that is smaller then their other games, cops don't drive cars, don't have any planes or BOATS like in Far Cry series and really believe you are asking them to do more or something, they'd smoke CDPR if they even decided to go this route in a Far Cry game, as CP2077 is as shallow as that, if not more so.

Far Cry Future could very much do as follows.
SMALLER open world.
Planes
Boats
Cars....(cops chase cars)
Skill tree

We already have a team (and many teams) that can do this. What is even being asked of CDPR isn't some new, revolutionary thing either.

Stop with this excuse that it being like Deus Ex suddenly supports so many lacking features, how come 3 fucking Watchdogs games exist? So they know how to have this feature and have Deus Ex design with hacking, but poor CDPR can't do it cause its just too revolutionary or?

So imho I think they don't have cop cars chasing people just like they don't have a REAL class system, just like they don't have tattoo shops, just like they don't have barbers, just like they don't have boats, planes, just like they don't have a REAL AI system etc. The game is unfinished and they removed likely lots of things that simply didn't work. They already confirmed the game isn't ready my friend, how do we know not being ready was also them scrapping any actual features that would make sense in a open world? Design? Ok.....are we sure thats no due to being rushed, unfinished as all the bugs and glichtes and crashes would show?

How do we REALLY know those elements are not missing based on how badly this game was developed as why even have this type of open world if it wasn't made to be used in the first place? Think about it, is slow AI that GTAIII circa 2001 even beats a "Deus Ex design" too or? We need to be able to separate what is wrong with the game with broken development and what is simply based on design.

Just because it lacks features dose not invalidate the fact that this game was never meant to be an action crime game like GTA. Zefan is right. This game is a mix of Deus Ex and classic RPG design. I agree this game is missing features which were set as a standard of comparison from Rockstar Games but this game just feels way different from GTA. It's a classic RPG that came out halfbaked.

Zuzu

Is this worth playing on Xbox one? Everything I’ve read makes me think I should hold off until I upgrade I don’t care about graphics but I want the game to work lol. PC is not an option for me, too involved.

Don’t buy it on base Xbox One. I have the game and an Xbox One S and the frame rate is awful on the One S. And this is with the latest patch (patch 1.06).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

You think so? I haven't played Deus Ex in a while, but it feels really similar to me in terms of how many routes there are in many missions. I always start with a stealth approach and it's fun finding different ways to approach an objective. I think the combat is more satisfying, too, so I don't save scum nearly as much as the Deux Ex games and instead just roll with the situation.

Top Bottom