• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Samurai Edition (Up: 4chan rumour appears to be discredited)

shubik

The whole combat zone thing sounds exactly like what they originally planned for Pacifica. It also makes sense to expand that area as it is mostly empty and unfinished with half of the map not even being accessible.

But yeah... I agree with most of you guys that the whole thing rather sounds fake. Let's wait and see what CDPR will come up with. I hope they can finally deliver on their promises...

Flabagast

The whole combat zone thing sounds exactly like what they originally planned for Pacifica. It also makes sense to expand that area as it is mostly empty and unfinished with half of the map not even being accessible.

But yeah... I agree with most of you guys that the whole thing rather sounds fake. Let's wait and see what CDPR will come up with. I hope they can finally deliver on their promises...
It was always predicted that the first expansion would be in Pacifica & the second one (if it exists) on Crystal Palace in space, kind of liked both expansions of TW3 where the first was on the same map as the base game vs. the second in a new area.

Season 3 Please GIF by The Simpsons

ToTTenTranz

Banned
alKTioy.jpg
Cyberpunk feels truly next gen on PC at max settings… thats my screenshot from my 3080.
This screenshot looks pretty bad to me with all that film grain and chromatic aberration going on.

Also the dude's reflection of red light on the edges of his clothes just seem wrong and would be better off without it.

TVexperto

alKTioy.jpg
Cyberpunk feels truly next gen on PC at max settings… thats my screenshot from my 3080.
you should try the level of detail mod (15x) it truly makes it amazing.

but regarding the leaks: i believe it when i see it. ready like a wishlist of the cyberpunk subreddit.

Yo
Assuming this is true in any form, even from the word from devs...
Pacifica? You mean that entirely empty areas of content, except a few really short segments?

Shocking! If only you could rewind a year and hear me say out loud "this looks like an area they didn't have time to finish off".
Hopefully there are new areas (DOUBT) but knowing the devs, they'll do whatever they can to shortcut content to the table.

Even to this day they continue to overestimate their abilities and treat their community like they're dumb.
...Okay some of us are dumb.
You do remember that Hearts of Stone expanded the bottom pretty much empty space of Velen right? No? Just me then.

TastyPastry

i mean even if it was true they wouldn't confirm it. "doesn't add up" okay but what? all if it? some stuff like ng+ is so obviously coming i'd be shocked if it isn't included in the next patch or maybe i'm just taking too much of that copium

BouncyFrag

This game is cursed.. I'm getting hyped again even though I know it's going to be a shitshow again.

It's like a failed relationship but you keep letting the person back in again and again and again...
I sense Gaunter O'Dimm‘s handiwork. Those curses are tough to be beat.

Oh really? Shame that as I was thinking of pulling the trigger on a copy of this on Series X. I’ll wait until there’s something official.

cragarmi

For a free update, that list is way too ambitious, especially from these guys in 2022. We will be lucky if we get a stable framerate, and a few more bells and whistles.

Roni

Gold Member
This game is cursed.. I'm getting hyped again even though I know it's going to be a shitshow again.

It's like a failed relationship but you keep letting the person back in again and again and again...
lol, I'm hype 'cause the game has so many loose ends primed for DLC. NetWatch, the Space Station, Mr. Blue Eyes, The Voodoo Boys, Arasaka... I really like how the game lets you end up in so many different places given who you know and align with. If the DLC plays like that (and Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine say it will) then that's another 3-4 playthroughs a piece.

El gallo

CDPR is too stupid. Drop this game and focus on the Witcher series. Should have had Henry in the studio for mo- cap and voice work like yesterday.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
If they were crude business dealers, they would throw everything down on a Witcher 3 remaster for this year (since the netflix series is doing well) and leave Cyberpunk with minimum viable support. Then they should go onto a new game and shut up about it until it's ready. I mean I would love a major ramped up Cyberpunk, but that seems like a poor choice if it won't genuinely net many new purchases for them. After a major failure you invest again in confidence (NMS route), or you dive into what worked in the past for you (older companies have this advantage).

Umbasaborne

Banned
Leak: Includes reasonable updates that are only “out of this world” because of the game’s state on launch.

Game dev: That doesn’t add up, buddy.

Lmao.
Next gen update “now youll get 1200 p at 46-60 fps with all traffic and pedestrians removed. Quality mode is 1500p 25 fps. No story dlc because witcher 4, Enjoy fuckers!”

Yo

You do remember that Hearts of Stone expanded the bottom pretty much empty space of Velen right? No? Just me then.
achtually, it was the north east of the map they expanded but yeah you're right. this image shows all the new places and things added. if i remember right from about wine spring grange to the east it was an empty road but they added a town, reworked the landscape, and added a load of new points of interest.

map_1434.jpg

and while we're at it...this is what they added for the second expansion. it's a completely new map.

XJ3spwt_d.webp

Last edited:

Ovek

7Member7
Some of this stuff like the extra txt messages and the combat zone has been datamined from the last patch. So I would imagine that at the very least some of the stuff on that list is coming out.... at some point.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Is this worth playing through now on Series X?

Bought it day 1, played for an hour, uninstalled. Just a bug fest. Any better now?

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Is this worth playing through now on Series X?

Bought it day 1, played for an hour, uninstalled. Just a bug fest. Any better now?

Can't say what it's like on xbox as I got the PC version, but even by the latest patch I don't think the games worth peoples time.

However there have been more positive review on steam and recently I have become more than aware that standards for what is a "good" game have lowered over the last decade, so its now "good enough" apparently for alot of people.

However I suspect waiting for the Nex Gen version should be really the point you should wait for, it's supposed be Q1 this year.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Can't say what it's like on xbox as I got the PC version, but even by the latest patch I don't think the games worth peoples time.

However there have been more positive review on steam and recently I have become more than aware that standards for what is a "good" game have lowered over the last decade, so its now "good enough" apparently for alot of people.

However I suspect waiting for the Nex Gen version should be really the point you should wait for, it's supposed be Q1 this year.
Cheers, i'll just hang on for that then if it's releasing soon. Saves me 60 odd gig trying it again :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom