• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Samurai Edition (Up: 4chan rumour appears to be discredited)

Flabagast

What the fuck does this even mean, anyway? How is Cyberpunk even remotely comparable to STALKER?

So random.
The factions dynamic is already kind of there actually. Sure its buggy and not very well implemented (like in stalker tbh) but you can make opposing groups roaming in the world fighting each other in CP77.

With more time and improved AI its possible that they want to develop this system more deeply

Last edited:

GloveSlap

Even if none of this will end being true, it's generally assumed that the game itself was not abandoned and quietly being worked on, so that can later it can be presented as the game that was supposed to come out originally. CDPR is not one of those companies that can sweep the controversy under the rug and pretend like nothing happened, correction, they can, but then they wouldn't be the company that people put their hopes in, it would be foolish to throw such reputation that was built on just 1 IP in the trash can. This "news" gives me yet another reason to play "Cyberpunk 2077" again, but I think that I should wait until the full vision of the game is out there in the open.
Yeah. Regardless if this leak is true or not, I have no doubt they are going to try to re-launch the game.

Saber

Gold Member
you should read up on Cyberpunk lore

Lmao, why?

I played the game and beat it(almost platinum if it wasn't for a stupid bug). Theres no interest in reading the lore just for a rumor or deep knowledge of stupid street gangs. If you dig the lore, well thats on you lol

If you didn't play the game, the game actually has a fantastic story with great characters, stealth is pretty good too. So this update looks like it will fix the game in a lot of aspects. If you like Deus Ex, this is the game.

If theres something I liked when playing the game is the freedom with the build I desired to play. I played hacker with stealth and handgun support and it was pretty enjoyable, even at the extreme difficulty. Stealth is pretty satisfying.

Last edited:
1) Pacifica sounds legit as that area is the smallest part in the main game and you cant even explore the fallen decrepid hotels there.
2) Gwent like minigame also legit as there are ign interviews on it being in the main game. Guess thats the cut content taht never made it in.

Topher

Gold Member
I'm really hoping CDPR can pull a rabbit out of the hat with Cyberpunk 2077. I was really looking forward to playing that game and I think it still has potential but there is so much work that it needs. I'm not talking about a PS5/XSX patch either. It runs fine on PS5. Content, AI, and even simple game play mechanics. It is generic as hell. It really is hard to believe the guys that made Witcher 3 did this.

Patrick S.

Banned
Fired the game up again. Climbed on top of a building near the Riot club. Tried to take shots at the people in the club's entrance queue. The game didn't let me aim my gun at them. Tried with a sniper rifle, and with that rifle, I could aim and shoot at them, but the shots went trough them without registering. Threw grenades at cars, took shots at the people who were running away, got a five star police warrant. Looked at the cars 100 meters away vanishing into thin air as they came closer. Did not see a single cop or police drone despite having that five star warrant for a couple of minutes. The warrant beeped and was gone, and immediately the streets were full of people again. Threw some grenades at the people at the Riot club's door, that didn't do them any damage. Got another five star warrant. No policemen, police cars or drone came to arrest me.

Ah, Cyberpunk. What a masterpiece.

Luipadre

i bought the game on sale few days ago but not touching it until the ps5 upgrade. Imo that list is just a whishlist but i do expect a huge patch alongside the nextgen upgrade

tommib

Fired the game up again. Climbed on top of a building near the Riot club. Tried to take shots at the people in the club's entrance queue. The game didn't let me aim my gun at them. Tried with a sniper rifle, and with that rifle, I could aim and shoot at them, but the shots went trough them without registering. Threw grenades at cars, took shots at the people who were running away, got a five star police warrant. Looked at the cars 100 meters away vanishing into thin air as they came closer. Did not see a single cop or police drone despite having that five star warrant for a couple of minutes. The warrant beeped and was gone, and immediately the streets were full of people again. Threw some grenades at the people at the Riot club's door, that didn't do them any damage. Got another five star warrant. No policemen, police cars or drone came to arrest me.

Ah, Cyberpunk. What a masterpiece.
I loaded up my save today after basically a full year just to see how it’s running on PS5. 5 minutes later I’m seeing Takemura or whatever his name is gliding through the floor and ghosting through NPCs. He started to squat and stand up squat and stand up. All of this during a heavy and serious monologue.

vpance

I'm still fairly certain porting the entire game over to a new engine would be more far efficient than trying to fix that mess of spaghetti code.

intbal

CDPR to all those millions of customers on PS4 and XB1's:

scared homer simpson GIF

aka The majority of the userbase of this game.

Kupfer

1) Pacifica sounds legit as that area is the smallest part in the main game and you cant even explore the fallen decrepid hotels there.
Yes, I wanted to experience some Dredd stuff there.
Then I was disappointed to no end when I realized that you can't enter the hotel and that the entire mall is only there for a quest. Pacifica did not live up to its reputation and look.
The same applies elsewhere for supposed canal entrances, which should certainly once lead under the city, but time ran out.
judge restore GIF

Elios83

Ummm I'm skeptical this is true.
But I'd like to play a big DLC/expansion with the next gen version graphics.
I doubt I'm going to replay the same game again just for better graphics but with a lot of extra contents it would be appealing.

Mozzarella

I dont trust 4chan.
Any idiot can write there, and also the website is a cesspool, how in the hell a professional person will go and write there? if any developer writes on that website then imo its a redflag around them. It's not for like political reason but im speaking from a respectful and friendly environment, it doesnt strike me as a good place to talk seriously about games, its full of degenerates there. So i dont trust them.

Twinblade

• The combat zone is being fought over by two new gangs: The Bozos (violent clown psychopaths with a sick sense of humour) and a gang called Slaughterhouse (violent psychopath fascists)

Ah, so Juggalos.

Inviusx

Everything sounds plausible except for the fact that this is CDPR and everything should be counted as shite until proven otherwise.

I just can't wait for the new bugs caused by those new patches on new hardwares to be shown on YouTube! 🍿

Spoiler alert: the PS4 pro version will be the best version to play on next gen hardwares, à la Rockstar baby! 🤡😂🙃

Roni

Gold Member
Lmao, why?

I played the game and beat it(almost platinum if it wasn't for a stupid bug). Theres no interest in reading the lore just for a rumor or deep knowledge of stupid street gangs. If you dig the lore, well thats on you lol
Because the Bozos aren't being created, they're an old part of the lore of the world.

Arachnid

Lmao, why?

He means The Bozo's are already established in lore. Not some random new gang they created (nor are the in game gangs). EDIT: Too slow

That said, this entire rumor is BS anyway

EDIT:
Edgerunners anime was announced two years ago, but it's still a thing.

d4o64finub981.jpg

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
He means The Bozo's are already established in lore.

Not talking about wheter it exists or not, theres not enought interest to get into a lore of yet another gang(as if its catching or make any difference). Ozob is the only thing that comes in mind when talking about the name, should be a hint of how much interesting it is.

Next time will be "gang X" to be apart of a lore nobody gives a shit about.

Last edited:

Hugare

alKTioy.jpg
Cyberpunk feels truly next gen on PC at max settings… thats my screenshot from my 3080.
Feels truly next gen in static shots, yes

Then you drive around and you start to see the smoke and mirrors

Graphics are only part of the equation that results in immersion.

Playing the game maxed out only with RT shadows off, High crowd density, and its still lifeless.

Even with high crowd density, the system is broken. You see huge crowds at downtown area, but no cars/pedestrians anywhere else. NC should be crowded, and yet you can hardly find people on the streets (and cars)

GTA V looks way more lively than this, as well as Watch Dogs.

No random encounters, no barbershops, pedestrians using same animations ...

It's lifeless

Last edited:

iorek21

CDPR is known for their Enhanced Editions, so it’s not really impossible that something like that is true.

So... they gonna create a gang of violent humorous clowns named "Bozo", even though theres already a violent humurous character named Bozo(brazilian even), which is a clown?

It can also refer to a certain someone depending on your political views or if you like REEEEEE

bargeparty

Just thinking about that time I got banned from resetera for having the audacity to actually talk about the game while the rest of the forum crying about trans stuff.

Good Times Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Those idiots don't even understand what "mature" means in an esrb context.

Patrick S.

Banned
I loaded up my save today after basically a full year just to see how it’s running on PS5. 5 minutes later I’m seeing Takemura or whatever his name is gliding through the floor and ghosting through NPCs. He started to squat and stand up squat and stand up. All of this during a heavy and serious monologue.

I think during my playthrough, every single story cutscene that's supposed to give you the feels had some kind of distracting glitch. What a shame, man.

Fredrik

Just thinking about that time I got banned from resetera for having the audacity to actually talk about the game while the rest of the forum crying about trans stuff.

Good Times Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
Yeah I don’t understand what they were doing, there were so many weird guidelines in the OT, complete madness. In the end the game is totally flirting with the hbtq community. But I guess they wanted a woman with a dick to be able to cuddle with Judy.

CSJ

Assuming this is true in any form, even from the word from devs...
Pacifica? You mean that entirely empty areas of content, except a few really short segments?

Shocking! If only you could rewind a year and hear me say out loud "this looks like an area they didn't have time to finish off".
Hopefully there are new areas (DOUBT) but knowing the devs, they'll do whatever they can to shortcut content to the table.

Even to this day they continue to overestimate their abilities and treat their community like they're dumb.
...Okay some of us are dumb.

Last edited:

RPS37

I don’t expect it to happen but I would be so hyped if they managed to pull this off.

Bought it a launch for the next-gen patch .. still waiting .

I got you both beat. I pre ordered the limited edition console, still waiting for the next gen patch.

Last edited:

Sentenza

Even if every single word in this rumor would turn out to be true, at this point I’m still wary that the improvements won’t live up to their ambitions.

It’s one thing to “improve the AI” and another to improve it to the point it’s actually a game-changer, for instance.

Also, yeah, the loot system was shit and in a dire need of a revamp, but will this new revamped system be any good? Did they get what they got so wrong the first time around?

The anime from Studio Trigger coming is just old news, anyway. Just a confirmation.

Last edited:

sinnergy

I don’t expect it to happen but I would be so hyped if they managed to pull this off.

I got you both beat. I pre ordered the limited edition console, still waiting for the next gen patch.
I think they can! Graphically they are in a great place already , if they add all the next-gen stuff , it will be glorious. It already runs great on Good PCs , and the new consoles have a lot more power than Xbox one X and the pro.

Last edited:
Top Bottom