• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.5 | Satisfied?

Are you satisfied with this update?

• Yes

Votes: 223 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 129 20.4%
  • It's a first step

Votes: 279 44.2%

• Total voters

Puncheur

Into act 2 and having a great time with it! It's a night and day experience for me after loading it up on my day one PS5 back in 2020 left me so dejected and wondering what I would play over that Christmas period.
Only gripe is that there is definitely narrative content that didn't make it into the game... started as corpo life path and aside from 10 minutes exposition and a single intro mission the whole idea of life paths seems to have been dumped. The opening hours were pretty rough as narrative gaps were jarring but now in act 2 the game is into its stride. Some concepts are half baked but overall enjoying it loads and will likely sink a lot of hours into it, Elden Ring dependent.

I'm 40h into this on PS5 and the more I play it the more frustrated I become. Why? Because this is not only a GOTY contender but by the time it's all said and done I'm pretty sure I'll regard it as a stone cold classic. I'm frustrated CDPR released this in the reportedly disastrous state it launched in 2020. This should have *never* released on last-gen consoles, the scale and scope of the world is way too ambitious, I continue to be impressed at every turn. I'm frustrated CDPR forever sullied their own reputation, this 1.5 ver should have been the official release of the game, it would have been the big gaming event it was meant to be and celebrated far and wide.

Does the game still have bugs? Absolutely, as does *every single open-world game I've ever played*. I know they will continue to improve things (and they should!) but let's not pretend this is anything new in the genre. Putting all that aside I continue to be astounded by the world CDPR created, there is an attention to detail (peep the roof interior textures of Panam's car the first mission with her) that is rarely - if ever - seen (shoutout to RDR2, that's in a league of it's own). The characters, dialogue and story are all excellent with certain story sequences that literally made my jaw drop, they will stay with me for some time to come.

Emergent gameplay moments lead to unique and memorable experiences. Last night I took on a CyberPsycho in the Badlands, was in the afternoon, just so happened that a sandstorm rolled in, just so happened this psycho was a sniper in a tower, absolutely epic, the stars aligning. I've had numerous moments like this and each time I think to myself "man, this game is fucking awesome!". Aesthetically - not always but at times - this is the most visually striking game I've ever played. I could go on and on, if I have any real criticisms I wish the driving was tighter and there was a quicker/more intuitive way to sift through inventory and phone messages, that's about it.

Love the combat (props to DualSense implementation for the 3rd time), love cruising around listening to tunes while doing jobs for fixers, love the insane number of skills available to customize my character, love the story choices and yes, I even love Johnny Silverhand (though I can see how this character can be a love/hate thing). Pro-tip for anyone shitting on this game in it's *current* form: stop snorting laundry detergent, the neurological damage is irreparable. I'm happy to see *some* on this forum seem to be enjoying as much as I am, keep it rockin chooms.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Even though the patch didnt really mention much about PC performance improvements, i am now able to play the game at 60fps on my 980ti without having to drop to, 720p lol.
1080p, max settings (minus RT), and pretty much a locked 60fps, even when driving, with a simple set to 'quality' mode on AMD FX.

So the only problem now is i didnt really like the game very much. I will give the game another shot though.

JeffG

I started playing this again on my Series X. I finished it the first time on the old version and this seems to be a step back. The resolution may be higher (and the framerate a bit better) but there sure are a lot more bugs. I get the ambient audio cut out all the time (a quit/reload required to fix)

Doesn't seem to play well with Quick Resume. I have ended under the geometry. Did a cut scene with Panam where she was lying on the ground in the T pose. lol

GymWolf

I already have a 100 hours run, so i'm only gonna do a second one when all the thing in the OP are gonna be in the game (ia overhaul etc.)

ebevan91

I hate that this update released right before Horizon: Forbidden West. I was wanting to play through the game again but now I'll be playing Horizon for a while and will probably lose interest in Cyberpunk by the time I'm done.

Plantoid

I started playing this again on my Series X. I finished it the first time on the old version and this seems to be a step back. The resolution may be higher (and the framerate a bit better) but there sure are a lot more bugs. I get the ambient audio cut out all the time (a quit/reload required to fix)

Doesn't seem to play well with Quick Resume. I have ended under the geometry. Did a cut scene with Panam where she was lying on the ground in the T pose. lol
Audio bug happening with me too, a lot

1 time my controller kept vibrating nonstop, had to reset

1 time it turned off my Xbox entirely

I can't fathom why this game has no 3rd person view

Still having fun, but glad I waited because If that's the experience I'm getting now I can't imagine how it was before

Last edited:

JeffG

Still having fun, but glad I waited because If that's the experience I'm getting now I can't imagine how it was before
Yea, it still is a good game. With the ssd the restarting is quick. If it was on my old One X HD I would of lost my mind.

The glitchs I don't mind as much. They make me laugh. I thought first Panam was "fixing" the car but then I noticed the T pose face down in the ground while she was talking.

abcdrstuv

Banned
Into act 2 and having a great time with it! It's a night and day experience for me after loading it up on my day one PS5 back in 2020 left me so dejected and wondering what I would play over that Christmas period.
Only gripe is that there is definitely narrative content that didn't make it into the game... started as corpo life path and aside from 10 minutes exposition and a single intro mission the whole idea of life paths seems to have been dumped. The opening hours were pretty rough as narrative gaps were jarring but now in act 2 the game is into its stride. Some concepts are half baked but overall enjoying it loads and will likely sink a lot of hours into it, Elden Ring dependent.
It’d explain a lot if they planned on three different “act 1”s and then cut them all down to one mission each..

abcdrstuv

Banned
A little deeper into act 2- owe someone 15k- and moving around the world a bit.. So far the city’s up there with GTA5.. thought it would be repetitive, but there’s plenty of variety in the other areas I’ve seen and the verticality is impressive..

Already imagining a sequel now that they know what it takes to make one..

Nankatsu

Glad you guys are experiencing the game like this.

I played it and completed it at launch. It was and will still remain a very much mediocre game for me.

SkylineRKR

Its great. I just beat my first skull Psycho. Hacks and double jumps are really OP, but it still took a few minutes to beat him with Legendary Carnage shotgun. Usually I boot when I see skulls, but one on one should be doable.

Hacking is OP. If opponents have cybernetics, you can disable those and they'll be sitting ducks. Or sometimes I cast Reset Optics and just stealth kill from behind. This also works on enemies and psycho's marked as High threat.

Game gets better as you progress. You get stronger and more agile. Cash is still a problem, but if you do jobs and breach terminals it can sort of rack up. Also found a neat sports car, simply grabbing it is a side job close to the Dakota NPC.

Same bugs happen on my PS5. So its rooted in the game.

Can you link this CPU optimization mod please? I'm getting CPU bottlenecked in quite a few places with my Ryzen 3600/1660ti even with mostly medium settings.

Be sure to edit that line in the .ini file that is mentioned in the description to one thread less then your CPU has. It was a complete game changer for me.

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
Did the trial. Really impressed, and impressed enough I spent $25 to buy it. Some clunky moments, and combat sometimes makes me wanna throw my controller at my TV but solid game so far (10 hrs in or so).

I do think it is quite attractive visually, and not nearly as bad as folks said (or 1.5 is just that much better - I don't know, I waited for this version to even play).

intbal

Did the trial. Really impressed, and impressed enough I spent $25 to buy it. Some clunky moments, and combat sometimes makes me wanna throw my controller at my TV but solid game so far (10 hrs in or so).

I do think it is quite attractive visually, and not nearly as bad as folks said (or 1.5 is just that much better - I don't know, I waited for this version to even play).
What platform?
I'll just assume it's not base Xbox One.

akimbo009

Gold Member
What platform?
I'll just assume it's not base Xbox One.

XSX. Definitely not going to try this game on last gen hardware - while performing well on XSX, I can only see it struggling on older hardware.

I guess I have it on my PC too (son bought it there). It's a 2070s, and that's probably ok (monitor is only 1080 so likely runs well), but haven't really looked.

Patrick S.

Banned
I'm 44, and have been gaming for around 38 years. This is my favourite game ever. There is no other game that can pull me into its world like Cyberpunk does. At the same time it's frustrating, because outside of shooting, driving around and enjoying the views, there's so very very litle you can actually do. It would be awesome if CDPR would add some quality activities!

A little deeper into act 2- owe someone 15k- and moving around the world a bit.. So far the city’s up there with GTA5.. thought it would be repetitive, but there’s plenty of variety in the other areas I’ve seen and the verticality is impressive..

Already imagining a sequel now that they know what it takes to make one..
There's not really variety though outside of missions and side missions. This is the main area the game needs to improve. It needs side activities to do. Even if they're just silly activities. Games like Gta, watch dogs 1/2, yakuza/judgement etc understand this. There is always something different you can do like go to arcades, batting cages, play tennis, race cars, etc

Denton

there's so very very litle you can actually do.
I get the desire for Cyberpunk to be the ultimate life sim where you can do anything...but dammit, CDP's games are always about their stories/quests/characters, that is where most of their strength lies.
You say there is very little you can actually do, but in the missions themselves, you do a shit ton of varied stuff with all kinds of people and all of it is interesting.

There is always something different you can do like go to arcades, batting cages, play tennis, race cars, etc

This stuff is so damn meaningless. Every game I have played that has this stuff, I try it once and go fuck it, back to missions and story. Waste of time and effort, much prefer to see developers spend their manpower on stories and missions.
Tennis in GTA? Cool. Played one match in my 80 hour playthrough.
Game development is about opportunity cost.

Last edited:

makaveli60

I'm 44, and have been gaming for around 38 years. This is my favourite game ever. There is no other game that can pull me into its world like Cyberpunk does. At the same time it's frustrating, because outside of shooting, driving around and enjoying the views, there's so very very litle you can actually do. It would be awesome if CDPR would add some quality activities!
I have a similar feeling. It brought back that old feeling I had as a child playing video games. When everything about games felt magical. It’s so old school, yet top of the industry at the same time. After playing this, it really feels like others in the industry are designing their games based on the same schemes, doesn’t it?

abcdrstuv

Banned
There's not really variety though outside of missions and side missions. This is the main area the game needs to improve. It needs side activities to do. Even if they're just silly activities. Games like Gta, watch dogs 1/2, yakuza/judgement etc understand this. There is always something different you can do like go to arcades, batting cages, play tennis, race cars, etc
Yeah there's some obvious stuff they could do with a sequel that way, but.. all that could kind of.. break immersion? Some kind of Gwent equivalent would be big.. I weirdly like the "access point" mini game.. what would be "side activities" that fit the tone and aesthetic?

It's really easy to imagine a sequel or prequel.. Yakuza & Judgment re-used the same location, and they could write in a different world state if they wanted to..

Idk why you can't hit or hold left on the d-pad to pull the map right up btw, I don't think that input is doing anything right now

Yeah there's some obvious stuff they could do with a sequel that way, but.. all that could kind of.. break immersion? Some kind of Gwent equivalent would be big.. I weirdly like the "access point" mini game.. what would be "side activities" that fit the tone and aesthetic?

It's really easy to imagine a sequel or prequel.. Yakuza & Judgment re-used the same location, and they could write in a different world state if they wanted to..

Idk why you can't hit or hold left on the d-pad to pull the map right up btw, I don't think that input is doing anything right now

Hold start.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Anyone having audio issues with Xbox series x when using a headset ?

I noticed in the last half hour or so it felt like there was a constant 'environmental sound' playing over every other audio soruce, if that makes sense.

Like it was looping the kind of city scape sounds you would hear when driving, but over cut-scenes, conversations and everything.

I've put the game down for tonight after closing it instead of shutting the Xbox down for quick resume. Hoping the cold boot will fix it.

Sat - Tis - Fucking - Fied !

Looks to me like these guys are going to complete the game they wanted to make. I can see the Metro system returning in future as well as wall running. I hope they add in new enemy types that are much tougher to take down.

Flying vehicles,
Mechs (maybe elite special police for high wanted rating?),
and more weapon types would be a dream in future updates.

Here's hoping but kudos to CDPR. They're on the right track here.

abcdrstuv

Banned
I haven't gotten to the point of frustration.. but I'm running around picking up Delamain cars, tarot graffiti, doing NCPD cases.. could be deeper, but it's a fun loop.

abcdrstuv

Banned
Sat - Tis - Fucking - Fied !

Looks to me like these guys are going to complete the game they wanted to make. I can see the Metro system returning in future as well as wall running. I hope they add in new enemy types that are much tougher to take down.

Flying vehicles,
Mechs (maybe elite special police for high wanted rating?),
and more weapon types would be a dream in future updates.

Here's hoping but kudos to CDPR. They're on the right track here.
wall running doesn't really fit the city design, I understand why they took it out. But jumping "off" walls could work.. It's super-interesting.. start the sequel talk up.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I noticed in the last half hour or so it felt like there was a constant 'environmental sound' playing over every other audio soruce, if that makes sense.

Like it was looping the kind of city scape sounds you would hear when driving, but over cut-scenes, conversations and everything.

I've put the game down for tonight after closing it instead of shutting the Xbox down for quick resume. Hoping the cold boot will fix it.
Im getting a lot of crackling and popping noises

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
And here i thought It was the Xbox being the typical Xbox (audio crackles etc).
I'm having static , popping and crackling sounds with this game - a console restart helps but it comes back after a while.

geary

Did they add the possibility to return to open world and keep roaming and doing gigs and side quests after the final MQ?

Leyasu

Banned
Yeah I have been having intermittent popping and crackling. It goes after a few seconds though.

I bought the game last night after my 5hr trial expired. It’s still buggy with the occasional floating npc but all in all it’s a pretty good game. I am enjoying it so far.

SJRB

Gold Member
Did they add the possibility to return to open world and keep roaming and doing gigs and side quests after the final MQ?

Pretty sure that has been in from the start. It boots you back to the moment before the Nocturne quest after you finish the game.

aa8g2efmrgj81.jpg

Last edited:

Aenima

Im close to the game end on PS5, game only crashed 1 time so far ( onrails car chase shooting at the beginning ), compared to my previous run playing the PS4 version on PS5, the game crashed 21 times by the time i finished the story.

So yeah, alot of small improvements here and there that make the game experience much better than it was at launch.

The city is really the star of the show, after 2 playtroughs the city still remains visually impressive and fresh with places i never explored before.

Its ironic that a game that talks so much about how corpos are trash, was ruined by corpos greed by being released way too soon. And had all kinds of backstage shady stuff going on to make the game look better and hide the console versions flaws at release.
Right now its a pretty good game. Still room for improvement in some areas.

SkylineRKR

I get the desire for Cyberpunk to be the ultimate life sim where you can do anything...but dammit, CDP's games are always about their stories/quests/characters, that is where most of their strength lies.
You say there is very little you can actually do, but in the missions themselves, you do a shit ton of varied stuff with all kinds of people and all of it is interesting.

This stuff is so damn meaningless. Every game I have played that has this stuff, I try it once and go fuck it, back to missions and story. Waste of time and effort, much prefer to see developers spend their manpower on stories and missions.
Tennis in GTA? Cool. Played one match in my 80 hour playthrough.
Game development is about opportunity cost.

Yeah in GTA I don't give a shit about it but in Yakuza/Jugdment I waste quite a lot of time in the arcade, golf, batting centre and go karting. But if Cyberpun is up to those things, idk. I guess the racing side quest wasn't terrible, at least, I didn't mind completing it.

Tieno

I'm 40h into this on PS5 and the more I play it the more frustrated I become. Why? Because this is not only a GOTY contender but by the time it's all said and done I'm pretty sure I'll regard it as a stone cold classic. I'm frustrated CDPR released this in the reportedly disastrous state it launched in 2020. This should have *never* released on last-gen consoles, the scale and scope of the world is way too ambitious, I continue to be impressed at every turn. I'm frustrated CDPR forever sullied their own reputation, this 1.5 ver should have been the official release of the game, it would have been the big gaming event it was meant to be and celebrated far and wide.

Does the game still have bugs? Absolutely, as does *every single open-world game I've ever played*. I know they will continue to improve things (and they should!) but let's not pretend this is anything new in the genre. Putting all that aside I continue to be astounded by the world CDPR created, there is an attention to detail (peep the roof interior textures of Panam's car the first mission with her) that is rarely - if ever - seen (shoutout to RDR2, that's in a league of it's own). The characters, dialogue and story are all excellent with certain story sequences that literally made my jaw drop, they will stay with me for some time to come.

Emergent gameplay moments lead to unique and memorable experiences. Last night I took on a CyberPsycho in the Badlands, was in the afternoon, just so happened that a sandstorm rolled in, just so happened this psycho was a sniper in a tower, absolutely epic, the stars aligning. I've had numerous moments like this and each time I think to myself "man, this game is fucking awesome!". Aesthetically - not always but at times - this is the most visually striking game I've ever played. I could go on and on, if I have any real criticisms I wish the driving was tighter and there was a quicker/more intuitive way to sift through inventory and phone messages, that's about it.

Love the combat (props to DualSense implementation for the 3rd time), love cruising around listening to tunes while doing jobs for fixers, love the insane number of skills available to customize my character, love the story choices and yes, I even love Johnny Silverhand (though I can see how this character can be a love/hate thing). Pro-tip for anyone shitting on this game in it's *current* form: stop snorting laundry detergent, the neurological damage is irreparable. I'm happy to see *some* on this forum seem to be enjoying as much as I am, keep it rockin chooms.

I hear you, it pains my heart CDPR corpos screwed their own developers. But that's in the past, I am grateful for the game I'm experiencing now and the more I play it the more excited I am for CDPR iterating on this IP. They achieved a lot despite the self sabotaging, it's such rich and unique IP/game.

Pretty sure that has been in from the start. It boots you back to the moment before the Nocturne quest after you finish the game.

aa8g2efmrgj81.jpg
LOL... this was me before deciding to finish. I know its the end. Do I want it to end?

I didn't think I was at the end but.. 60+ hours in.. yeah, time to finish it.

Some decent rewards and plenty to go do after finishing.

I think it's time to start a playthrough as a Male Corpo.

Playing the PS5 version Ray Tracing on a 75in with Dolby Atmos Surround is just beautiful.

Agreed! I was looking over the whole map online and there are sooo many areas I still haven't been to. Seriously just look around all the waterfronts that you barely go to.

Lots more to explore and I want more.

Type_Raver

For those playing on PC, theres now a built in Benchmark run.

I decided to try it out which seems to be an accurate reflection of gaming performance.

Resolution 2560x1600
Everything MAX*

Native - 32FPS
FidelityFX High Quality - 47fps
DLSS Quality - 57fps

There is a discernable difference in IQ between the two image reconstruction techniques, favouring DLSS in my opinion.
Also, DLSS while looking great offers the smoothest experience. Its really good.
I might tweak some of the settings to see if i can break 60fps, but in gameplay it does hover there.
Will try overclocking the GPU as well and see what it offers.

* Chromatic Abb OFF, dont like the effect; Motion blur LOW, personal taste.

Specs
AMD 5900x
RTX3080 10GB
64GB RAM

Last edited:

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
The game *sometimes* has some nice RT shadows in indoor areas, but fuck playing at 30fps.

They should have just lowered the resolution to hit 60fps.

NinjaBoiX

I tried the trial on my XSS last night, man what a shit game. It controls poorly, looks pretty bad and just isn’t very fun. Didn’t like it at all.

Jackie is all like “Welcome to Night City”, look out the window and there’s like 3 people.

WTF…

Top Bottom