• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 & Witcher Next-Gen still on Track for 2022

Saiyan-Rox

Because even thought it came out in 2015 Witcher 3 is still one of the best open-world RPGs on the market today. Many people would love to replay it with minimal load times and 60FPS.

The lack of 60 is the reason in yet to play it tbh

Just a shame it's taking so long.

Umbasaborne

Banned
WTF even is this post?
Copium for a fan boy
afkgaming%2F2021-08%2F79649079-d0e7-4acd-853b-6a2b92797da3%2Fcopium_png.png

winjer

Gold Member
Because even thought it came out in 2015 Witcher 3 is still one of the best open-world RPGs on the market today. Many people would love to replay it with minimal load times and 60FPS.

If only you could do that on a platform, from day one.
Wait, you can, on PC.

tommib

As far as Cyberpunk goes, PS5 owners should get a reasonable upgrade. Xbox owners should expect nothing.

Here is Cyberpunk with the latest patch on the Xbox platform with the most users (X1/X1S):

Standing on a corner:
mOnfJE7.jpg

Walking through the city:
deSNZcT.jpg

Driving:
j0hdqfI.jpg

Shooting:
MMAwxvi.jpg

Driving while shooting:
5ze9ohR.jpg

After this, CDPR said they were satisfied with the performance of the game on these machines and quit patching them.

The following is all speculation:
CDPR spent a year getting the Playstation versions working with reasonable performance. Almost certainly because Sony yanked the game from their store. Microsoft allowed the game to continue being sold, so CDPR didn't bother with any optimizations. They know they have to deliver a good experience on Playstation, but Microsoft doesn't really care.

note: Ignore the version numbers listed in the screenshots. Both Techfuse and EADB indicated in their video notes that they forgot to update their overlay text. These performance tests were all from the latest patch.
Dude your post is so insane that it brought peace between console war generals:

QVecPEf.jpg

winjer

Gold Member
If only you didn't have to pay multiples of a price of a console for a PC to do that Day 1 on 2015.

In 2015 you coul buy a PC much cheaper than today. But more capable than any console. Besides, games are cheaper on PC and online is free. So on the long term things even out.

winjer

Gold Member
Being that he has a console, I'm assuming he likes it and likes his current setup. It's probably easier to just wait until 2022 for this next-gen upgrade than to buy a whole new PC.

Is there anything stoping someone from playing on consoles and PC?
I've been playing on consoles for 30 years. And on PC for 20 years.
I've had many consoles along with PC.
Currently I play mostly on PC, but I also have a Switch.

How about we stop pretending that have one platform excludes another.

mckmas8808

Banned
In 2015 you coul buy a PC much cheaper than today. But more capable than any console. Besides, games are cheaper on PC and online is free. So on the long term things even out.

Nope, not really. It all depends.

Is there anything stoping someone from playing on consoles and PC?
I've been playing on consoles for 30 years. And on PC for 20 years.
I've had many consoles along with PC.
Currently I play mostly on PC, but I also have a Switch.

How about we stop pretending that have one platform excludes another.

It just seems like a weird response to say to a guy that's waiting on this next-gen version. "Go buy a PC". Like okay.........does he have $1,500 just sitting around?

winjer

Gold Member
It just seems like a weird response to say to a guy that's waiting on this next-gen version. "Go buy a PC". Like okay.........does he have $1,500 just sitting around?

He could have bought a PC in the last 6 years to play the Witcher 3 at 60+ fps.
Seems weird to complain to have to wait half a year for a patch to play at 60 fps, when he had could have already played it on PC at more than 60 fps.

Top Bottom