• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 & Witcher Next-Gen still on Track for 2022

Draugoth

Gold Member

FFYDN5nWUAgJsp5

CD Projekt Information details from latest financial report were posted today (in bullet points from various Twitter users and official sources):

CD Projekt Red Q3 Earnings:
  • Revenue $34.7m +38% YoY Net profit $3.9m -30% YoY
  • "We are hard at work on the next-gen version of Cyberpunk, scheduled for release in the first quarter of 2022, alongside another major update for all platforms. There is also ongoing work on the next-gen version of The Witcher 3 and the Cyberpunk expansion."
  • Next gen Cyberpunk 2077 & The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt are "on track to meet target dates."
  • Company is gradually shifting to new projects while supporting Cyberpunk.
  • 2021 Q3 sales rose 38%, while earnings before interest & taxes (EBIT) declined 45% on rising costs.

Romulus

What are the main problems with the console versions at this point? Are there still alot of glitches or just performance stuff?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I ended up just installing the 4K texture pack on Nexus for TW3. Looks great, runs great.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
cool ill do a 5th play through of cyberpunk . I havnt beat witcher 3 even though i put well over a hundred hours in. lol

Last edited:
If they gave enough of a shit about Cyberpunk they could "No Man's SKy" it. Like add the monorail system back in update and fix the A.I., etc.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
If they gave enough of a shit about Cyberpunk they could "No Man's SKy" it. Like add the monorail system back in update and fix the A.I., etc.
Even for Hello Games this was a huge undertaking that took years so don't expect a different game from CDPR next year in terms of gameplay.

Flabagast

In the financial call they said that they are now in testing phase for the next gen version and that there won't be new updates till its release, so it should come pretty close.

Also they said that there will be graphical improvements but although "system-level improvements" ("not a revolution" though but still new systems are implemented)

A.Romero

I'm waiting for my free Witcher 3 upgrade on PC to play it again. It's the single player game I have played the most. Don't know how it will feel now that Ghost of Tsushima spoiled me with better than average fighting gameplay.

geary

CDPR should stop throwing around with information about possible release dates and just release it when it's done. When. It's. Done. Not when investors say it's done.

They said it to their investors in a internal meeting which is public because is a tradeable company... They didnt go to any publication to do an interview....

intbal

What are the main problems with the console versions at this point? Are there still alot of glitches or just performance stuff?

Bugs, content, performance (on both Xbox 8th gen consoles, don't know about Playstation).
So if they only release one more patch for 8th gen, it had better fix/improve absolutely everything.
Unfortunately, I don't think one year is enough extra development time to make this a good game. It needs a total rebuild.

Ogbert

On PS5, the main problem is that there are about 3 npcs in the entire game. Feels like a ghost town. Completely destroys any sense of immersion.

Romulus

Bugs, content, performance (on both Xbox 8th gen consoles, don't know about Playstation).
So if they only release one more patch for 8th gen, it had better fix/improve absolutely everything.
Unfortunately, I don't think one year is enough extra development time to make this a good game. It needs a total rebuild.

Yeah, I don't see how this next-gen patch is going to be some glorious visual/performance update AND fix most of those issues. I think late 2022 is a good bet to play this game.

When 2022 hasn't even started and they already say "it's STILL on track for 2022", there's a huge chance the upadtes won't make it...
They have done this several times now so we don't have any reason to believe this is the case until we actually see it come out.

amigastar

I'm more eager to play Witcher 3 next gen right now than Cyberpunk. Still haven't played Witcher 3 on the level it deserves.

TheMan

Oh shot I forgot cyberpunk wasn’t even technically enhanced for next gen yet…goddamn Cdpr

Last edited:

RCU005

Is the Witcher 3 for PS5/XSX only a next-gen port, or are they making considerable improvements other than 4K/60fps?

Inviusx

Is the Witcher 3 for PS5/XSX only a next-gen port, or are they making considerable improvements other than 4K/60fps?

They haven't detailed the specifics yet but we can assume it's going to be similar to the PC version's fidelity with some options turned down/off.

I'm guessing they will have a 30fps RT mode and a 60fps performance mode.

Kuranghi

I'm generally interested in most game news even if I'm not going to play the game but I really don't give a fuck about this, I mean, just shut the fuck up and get it out is my feelings on how they've been acting the last year. Head down, arse up guys.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Are these on track versions the same versions that were delayed in October? It's pretty tough to call anything CDPR is doing "on track" right now.

Top Bottom