• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk Edgerunner Patch Now Live

And to think anyone seriously doubted whether Series S could handle games this gen. It's a next gen console through and through, just a lower tier entry point, but it has the hardware. All it takes is some extra tweaking and optimization time. If that sometimes means the feature has to be delayed a little, so be it.

Hugare

And to think anyone seriously doubted whether Series S could handle games this gen. It's a next gen console through and through, just a lower tier entry point, but it has the hardware. All it takes is some extra tweaking and optimization time. If that sometimes means the feature has to be delayed a little, so be it.

Dynamic resolution as low as 800p, man

Thats almost PS3/360 era

But sure, it can run new games at a lower fidelity

More hype, love this game.

PS5

NXGUVdd.jpg

wg23jJs.jpg

Last edited:

Thats almost PS3/360 era

Nobody would know it dips that low if it weren't for the devs or Digital Foundry. It probably stays at 900p most of the time, which is completely acceptable on a 1080p monitor or smaller TV. Besides, something's gotta give to achieve 60 fps. Even PS5 version of the game can go down to 1260p with some framerate drops.

There's always an option to play at a dynamic 1440p30.

Thats almost PS3/360 era

That's what it was designed for! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

When games are properly designed for it, it's a much more capable system than even an Xbox One X regardless of less RAM and raw GPU compute. It's a next gen entry level system, and it does its job extremely well. Once features like Sampler Feedback Streaming start becoming more common, RAM will no longer be an issue for Series S, and that's when we will really see this thing unleashed.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Abandoning lastgen is a good call.
Cant wait to see this new expansion pack, I wonder how big it is, and if it will affect the anything if you complete it before end game the way The Witcher 3 changed some things if you completed the expansions before completing the main game.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia

Thats almost PS3/360 era

It's ok, people buy Series S for their TCL 32 inch TV...

Halo 3 runs at 640p on 360...
800p is fine on a small TV 👌🏽

Last edited:
Anyway, game's dirt cheap right now and very solid technically on consoles (even better on PC), so everyone owe it to themselves to play it.

Stuart360

Are there no PC performance upgrades at all?. I'm lucky enough with my 3700x to get a near locked 60fps, but it still would of been nice to get better performance.

Nobody would know it dips that low if it weren't for the devs or Digital Foundry. It probably stays at 900p most of the time, which is completely acceptable on a 1080p monitor or smaller TV. Besides, something's gotta give to achieve 60 fps. Even PS5 version of the game can go down to 1260p with some framerate drops.

I tried Cyberpunk 2077 on a nephew's Series S on my 55 inch LGC1 and my 65 inch LGCX BEFORE this update, and even then the game looked great. It looks even better based on this update.

Hambone

Just tested the cross-progression and can verify that my Steam save file popped up on my Series X. Now I can be reminded to "Meet Hanako at Embers" from my Xbox. :messenger_beaming:

Saiyan-Rox

Fwiw I got a series S last year and returned it the next day

Played hitman 3 and the textures were so blurry when using the "hitman vision" (can't remember the name) I couldn't make out if an item was a crowbar or something else it was that bad.

Sure it was one game but the storage also sucked and an upgrade to it would mean spending near the price of a series x anyway.

Hugare

The people that buy a Series S don't care about this. Not everyone watches DF breakdowns, etc. Series S is for casuals that just want to play the newest games the cheapest possible way.
Resolution doesn't matter anymore.

Show me one 360 game that looks like this and runs at 60fps.

800p to 1080p tops will look great on that little beast with temporal upscaling.

That's what it was designed for! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

When games are properly designed for it, it's a much more capable system than even an Xbox One X regardless of less RAM and raw GPU compute. It's a next gen entry level system, and it does its job extremely well. Once features like Sampler Feedback Streaming start becoming more common, RAM will no longer be an issue for Series S, and that's when we will really see this thing unleashed.
It's ok, people buy Series S for their TCL 32 inch TV...

Halo 3 runs at 640p on 360...
800p is fine on a small TV 👌🏽
Jeez almighty, the defense force

Didnt say that the game looks like a 360 game, just that its almost PS3/360 territory in terms of resolution. Did I lie?

Just so you know, I play Cyberpunk on a 1080p screen with DLSS on performance, so rendering at 720p or even lower.

And I've played it on PS4, 900p or lower territory

Imo, this is not a good game to play at lower resolutions. Its brimming with detail and distance objects due to its open world nature, so clarity is important. And its TAA implementation really sucks. It blurs everything at low resolutions.

But, more options is always a good thing.

Someone somewhere will preffer to play it at low resolutions at 60 FPS, and more power to them

Last edited:

Didnt say that the game looks like a 360 game, just that its almost PS3/360 territory in terms of resolution. Did I lie?

Just so you know, I play Cyberpunk on a 1080p screen with DLSS on performance, so rendering at 720p or even lower.

So do I but then you should know that internal resolution means nothing if the end result is a relatively clean image. Game looks fine on Series S. Much better than a dreadful Metro Exodus which dips to 540p or blurry Dying Light 2.

It's nice CDPR listened to feedback.

Last edited:

Imo, this is not a good game to play at lower resolutions. Its brimming with detail and distance objects due to its open world nature, so clarity is important. And its TAA implementation really sucks. It blurs everything at low resolutions.

Someone somewhere will preffer to play it at low resolutions at 60 FPS, and more power to them
Sharing an alternate take isn't being part of some defense force. You seem to have a tough time accepting that others don't share your own concerns. It's not a big deal.

EDMIX

thats coming in another patch. they mentioned it in the live stream.

Are you serious? That was still not fixed?

yea...I got not hope for this game to patch and correct all those issues. Its design is just fucked at this point.
Those are some nice improvements. It's a good game, just not what was promised.

And even a lot of the story missions were pretty dull.

Very cool world though. I hope they can do something with the police-system to make exploring feel a little more dynamic, and take advantage of the solid combat system and awesome level design, which isn't being utilized to it's fullest.

Pretty much.

The fixes are welcomed, but it just needs too much work at this point and might as well have them start over and make an actual game vs tech demo. After they fix the police system, we need to wait till 2023 for them to fix the rest of the AI with the NPCs like gangs? Then wait till 2024 to allow the vehicles to be modded and repaired? I'm happy for those sticking in there and that like it, but I can't play a single player game in pieces like this waiting for crumbs of features to fucking come out that should have been in the game day 1.

Anyone on the fence with CP2077....keep waiting till those patches and features come. This game is an early access game sold at full price at this point.

8BiTw0LF 8BiTw0LF yes. I recall wondering when they'd allow us to customize cars thinking that came later in some other mission.....never happened as it was another lie.

Last edited:
oh boy, may have to get on that double dip set, gonna check if it's back down to that sweet sweet sale price of $24....one moment please.

Gambit2483

Good shit. Waiting for the law enforcement overhaul before restarting another playthrough.
Same. Put about 12hrs into it and realized the wanted/police system was just broken. Put it down with the hopes it would be fixed. Can't wait to jump back in once they fix it

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

Yeah, mate. Resolution/IQ don't matter. All those polygons, textures and effects hidden behind a blurry mess of an image is cool. /s

Top Bottom