• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk Edgerunner Patch Now Live

scydrex

What games drop as low as 900p on PS5? I seriously dont know any

I think there are a couple but don´t know which games are those. Medium is one i think? How many PS5 games runs at 900p or less than 1080p at 30-60fps? For the price the S does a good job if it were $250 or lower i would buy one. The thing i know that a lot of games runs at 900p or 1080p on the S. Even knowing that i would still buy one if i find one in the price i´m willing to pay for it.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looks like the new performance mode is doing good

FcC0KHEXgAAAWCJ

FcC0KYcWIAEzBTq

FcC0J3WXwAE4lT3

So, is this thing now solid enough to play on Series X? Or are there still things that need to be fixed?

It's what I've been playing for most of this year already. The game is god damn amazing. The world is so well realized and the combat is fantastic. Even before all these big updates here, the quality of the game was unmistakable. It's why I always trust my gut with things and don't listen to a mob of people saying the same thing. If I like what I see, I'm there.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Great update :) game just keeps getting better and better, now we just need that improved police car chases and improved car combat and it'll be near perfect
Awww shit reinstalling now on Xbox series X I'm just too curious.
Didn't get a lot of issues on my first walkthrough but that does not excuse that whole fiasco and (for me) loss of respect for CDPR.

Winter John

See every No Man's Sky thread ever - Sean Murray could be reversing climate change and curing cancer and there'd still be people in every thread screaming 'but he lied!'.

Funnily enough. I was thinking of NMS. Seems to me every time they put out a new update some ass hat will post, but the game wasn't good 8 years ago.

EDMIX

I swear to Christ the gaming community has the biggest collection of foot stomping Karens on the planet.

crazy right, you spend money you expect a completed game, not a fucking early access game struggling to have AI years after release.
See every No Man's Sky thread ever - Sean Murray could be reversing climate change and curing cancer and there'd still be people in every thread screaming 'but he lied!'.

At least he owned up to that lie. The basic elements still existed in No Man Sky, where CP2077 folks are out here waiting for patches to make cops behave like cops..... I've never seen some shit like this in AAA gaming on some single player title with so many elements missing, broken etc, at least No Man Sky had an excuse of being a small team and they delivered most of those promised features and then some. Years later, folks are waiting for a patch to make cops to have GTA 3 AI lol

schuey7

I thought we were getting cross progession? so how come it won't work?
From the cpdr website :
"Can I load a save transferred from PC on a console?
No. PC versions of the game aren't affected by regional restrictions and save files created on a less restrictive game version can't be loaded on the more restrictive one."

schuey7

How do I move my PC savegame to PS5?
From the cpdr website :
No. PC versions of the game aren't affected by regional restrictions and save files created on a less restrictive game version can't be loaded on the more restrictive one."

DeaconOfTheDank

Gold Member
I put about 120 hours into this game when it released and loved every moment. I've been itching to do another playthrough and this seems as good a time as any.

Did they ever address the broken HDR on PC? Game looks great in SDR, but it was a shame that HDR was botched considering the superb lighting + color contrast.

From the cpdr website :

Then why did they say any save could be played on any platform? That was so vague with details and it looks like, plain wrong

I wish they would implement FSR 2.0 on consoles and try to imprve the raytracing mode on consoles. There's barely a difference between Raytracing mode and 60fps mode.
Yeah ...the next gen patch is super disappointing as far as the graphics are concerned, like so many other next gen updates we've gotten. The RT doesn't do much for the graphics (though it does look better but that could owe a lot to higher resolution) and what'd worse is it's barely playable because the shooting/aiming is still laggy and bad at 30 fps. The patch notes say they addressed input lag in RT mode but I don't feel an improvement. Reminds me of Control Ultimates RT patch. Yes it's got some nice RT reflections (btw why couldn't Cyberpunk get RT relections?) but it adds a lot of extra input lag.

With how long the next gen update took to come out I was expecting a bigger visual improvement. Even the 60 fps mode doesn't look much different than it did on ps5 pre patch when it was 1260p. The only big difference is that the patch added back in higher NPC counts.

yamaci17

Yeah ...the next gen patch is super disappointing as far as the graphics are concerned, like so many other next gen updates we've gotten. The RT doesn't do much for the graphics (though it does look better but that could owe a lot to higher resolution) and what'd worse is it's barely playable because the shooting/aiming is still laggy and bad at 30 fps. The patch notes say they addressed input lag in RT mode but I don't feel an improvement. Reminds me of Control Ultimates RT patch. Yes it's got some nice RT reflections (btw why couldn't Cyberpunk get RT relections?) but it adds a lot of extra input lag.

With how long the next gen update took to come out I was expecting a bigger visual improvement. Even the 60 fps mode doesn't look much different than it did on ps5 pre patch when it was 1260p. The only big difference is that the patch added back in higher NPC counts.
they should've gone for 1080p/rt reflections instead of 1200p+ rt shadows

having all the package on PC is nice but i'd prefer reflections over shadows in this particular game. the game has a very grainy SSR and of course SSR is still SSR, with its cutoffs and artifacts

GymWolf

Great update :) game just keeps getting better and better, now we just need that improved police car chases and improved car combat and it'll be near perfect
Do they fixed the moron ia and hacking being so op that is not even fun? Or the clunky melee?

Last edited:

Winter John

crazy right, you spend money you expect a completed game, not a fucking early access game struggling to have AI years after release.

At least he owned up to that lie. The basic elements still existed in No Man Sky, where CP2077 folks are out here waiting for patches to make cops behave like cops..... I've never seen some shit like this in AAA gaming on some single player title with so many elements missing, broken etc, at least No Man Sky had an excuse of being a small team and they delivered most of those promised features and then some. Years later, folks are waiting for a patch to make cops to have GTA 3 AI lol

I'll show you what's crazy buddy, here's crazy -

CDPR. We're putting out a patch to fix some shit and improve the game.

Karen. But what about the thing?

CDPR. Oh yeah. We're fixing that in the next patch.

Karen. Oh my fuckin Gawwwd. This is a nightmare. When will it all end? I demand to speak to the manager

Last edited:

Luipadre

Played the game a bit after 1.5 but stopped because i still found the game kinda bad looking especially the resolution sometimes on ps5 but i tried it after 1.6 and the game looks much better to me now. The image quality is crisper

GymWolf

I'll show you what's crazy buddy, here's crazy -

CDPR. We're putting out a patch to fix some shit and improve the game.

Karen. But what about the thing?

CDPR. Oh yeah. We're fixing that in the next patch.

Karen. Oh my fuckin Gawwwd. This is a nightmare. When will it all end? I demand to speak to the manager
I wasn't aware that karen was so passionate about scifi horror movies.

geary

Anyone knows if now you can end the campaign (last quest) and then go back to open world? At launch it warned you that if you start your last quest, you cant go back.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Seems to be a pretty decent 60 FPS mode.

Xbox Series S performance mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 1920x1080 and the lowest resolution found being approximately 1422x800. FSR 1.0 appears to be used to upscale the image to 1920x1080. Xbox Series S also seems to be using Variable Rate Shading.

Xbox Series S in performance mode has some graphical cutbacks compared to Xbox Series X in performance mode such as: reduced texture quality (this applies to both modes), shadow quality and crowd density https://bit.ly/3RIME9C

Frame Rate Statistics
Mean Frame Rate58.78fps
Median Frame Rate60fps
Maximum Frame Rate60fps
Minimum Frame Rate46fps
5th Percentile Frame Rate51fps
1st Percentile Frame Rate47fps
Frame Time Counts
0ms-16.67ms37 (0.13%)
16.67ms27898 (96.29%)
16.67ms-33.33ms774 (2.67%)
33.33ms262 (0.9%)
50ms1 (0%)
66.67ms2 (0.01%)

https://www.youtube.com/redirect?ev...MWozdw&q=https://bit.ly/3RIME9C&v=tP3BMnEobGY

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Any graphical improvements?
I personally wasn't impressed with the NextGen patch

SJRB

Gold Member
Anyone knows if now you can end the campaign (last quest) and then go back to open world? At launch it warned you that if you start your last quest, you cant go back.

The last mission is a point of no return, but when you finish up the game it puts you back into to the game at the moment right before you started the final mission. It basically rewinds time.

So you can keep playing after you finish the game.

I'm doing that with my StreetKid save file right now.. getting all the Cyber Psychos etc. So , yes.

Luipadre

Any graphical improvements?
I personally wasn't impressed with the NextGen patch

game looks better to me on PS5. I was disappointed when i tried the 1.5 patch but the resolution looks higher and the lod popins seems better to me after 1.6, having a great time now

Last edited:

Denton

CP2077 folks are out here waiting for patches to make cops behave like cops..... I've never seen some shit like this in AAA gaming on some single player title with so many elements missing, broken etc, at least No Man Sky had an excuse of being a small team and they delivered most of those promised features and then some. Years later, folks are waiting for a patch to make cops to have GTA 3 AI lol
This whine is so fucking old and overplayed. Look, Cyberpunk is not GTA. Cops serve the exact same function that guards in Witcher 3 serve - to immediately kill the player if he starts doing nonsensical shit like mass murdering civilians.

If you play normally, the interaction with cops is extremely limited. I had them after me like twice in 140 hour playthrough.
Because this is a mission-based RPG and not "fuck around like GTA" sandbox.

Even if they overhaul the cop system completely and make it like in GTA, this fundamental fact does not change.

Frankly, I wish they would not waste time and manpower on overhauling this just because of few idiotic whiners. Everything has an opportunity cost, and they could have spent that manpower doing something more useful.

Last edited:

Little Chicken

Gold Member
I reinstalled and loaded up my last save and had forgotten that the previous patch reset your character's attributes, so I have 80 points waiting to be spent - turned it off.

Also, how on Earth are you supposed to finish "quests" that require you to pick up items/rewards from your stash?I have so much trash in there that I don't know what to take out to complete the quests, sorting by New doesn't help.

TVexperto

Then why did they say any save could be played on any platform? That was so vague with details and it looks like, plain wrong

From the cpdr website :

Not sure why they said that, I got it to work from PC to PS4 since my PC is outdated and I didnt want to start over this is perfect

Hugare

Theres a mod for it, though i think it still needs to be updated to work on 1.6

This is such a waste of resources

You can clearly see on the video how shitty is vehicle combat. Its all style but no substance. Dude cant hit even one enemy.

While you are shooting you have no view of the road so chances of crashing are high. Not only that, but the only chases present in the game are scripted, or you have to do force them to happen like the guy in the video.

It makes sense to have chases where you ride shotgun, so you have to shoot while your partner drive (Takemura, Jackie during the game). But driving AND shooting in 1st person? Stupid.

But people bitched so much about it that devs felt forced to include it in the game.

Dont know how they will figure it out to do it right

Anyway, tested the patch here, and the input lag in RT Mode got HUGELY improved (as noted on patched notes). It's actually playable now in 30 fps mode (if you can play games at 30 fps)

I really want to replay it, but I'll wait for the police patch

ShadowLag

I'm closer to finally trying this game than I ever have been. What's mainly stopping me is this "police system" talk. What's wrong with the police in the game? Will it ruin it for me if I jump in now? or should I wait for "PoLiCe SyStEm UpDaTe"?

(High end PC user here)

Last edited:
I'm closer to finally trying this game than I ever have been. What's mainly stopping me is this "police system" talk. What's wrong with the police in the game? Will it ruin it for me if I jump in now? or should I wait for "PoLiCe SyStEm UpDaTe"?

(High end PC user here)
If you want to play this game to get into futuristic GTA-like police murder/car chases across the whole map, this is not the game for you. The police AI, and the game design really, does not cater to murder mayhem. It's just not that kind of game (despite what the ridiculous marketing said).

It's more a open world dues ex. You play for the very story driven main quests and side-quests. Tackle the objectives in a variety of ways, based upon your playstyle and build. The open world and has loads of smaller contained combat/infiltration/rescue encounters, but is otherwise a backdrop (think Mafia than GTA), but an extremely good looking backdrop, nonetheless just with limited interactivity, other than the aforementioned quests and encounters.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Cyberpunk is not GTA. Cops serve the exact same function that guards in Witcher 3 serve - to immediately kill the player if he starts doing nonsensical shit like mass murdering civilians.

That has nothing to do with GTA, that has to do with modern game design.

So cops chasing you Mafia, Watchdogs, Just Cause, Sleeping Dogs or any other open world game in a city like this has more to do with real world logic, then GTA specially as GTA didn't invent cops chasing bad guys lol

So they care soooooo much about murdering civilians that they can't drive cars? Oh they are slow cause it can't be like GTA which has smarter AI that can actually go after you in the air, land and sea? Sure, k.

Sound logical lol

Its them who is even making this world where someone would even expect that in the first place, they didn't make some linear game like Deus Ex, THEY made a game where you can steal cars, interact with NPC and have cops and a city, why the fuck would we not expect the world the behave as such in the game claiming to be the next step in open world games, is more of several steps back.

They opened the door to all of that. Stop making excuses for such shit design. I'm sure even the fucking team themselves didn't want this shit like this as it doesn't even make sense. Fight a cop, kill someone and then get in a car, oh but they can't drive cars? Why have any of that in the game then?

If you play normally
LOL just stop man. You mean, if we avoid something that will break, expose or show the game is lacking functions?

If they didn't want such a thing, they maybe shouldn't wasted the time making it an open world, only to then limit what the player can do. I also highly doubt you are going to say shit if CP2077-2 comes out and has all of the features I just brought up.

oh man its going to soooooo bad to have cops come after in cars, tanks, hover bikes /s

Many making excuses for this aka shilling for the neon, will proceed to goal post all of this as soon as they actually do that in some sequel. Suddenly its revolunary that cops can drive a car..wooooow lol I bought the game day 1, but that doesn't mean I will ignore such obvious shit design in which you literally need to alter how you play as not to break the game further. That isn't a GTA concept sir, that is real life, that is how any of that would play out in the future, why show the SWAT in that hover vehicle if that wasn't a concept in this world?

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
  • Fixed an issue where vehicles went in reverse when braking at low speeds.

Ah. So the game is still not ready for release?

Okay I'll wait more

Guilty_AI

This is such a waste of resources

You can clearly see on the video how shitty is vehicle combat. Its all style but no substance. Dude cant hit even one enemy.

While you are shooting you have no view of the road so chances of crashing are high. Not only that, but the only chases present in the game are scripted, or you have to do force them to happen like the guy in the video.

It makes sense to have chases where you ride shotgun, so you have to shoot while your partner drive (Takemura, Jackie during the game). But driving AND shooting in 1st person? Stupid.

But people bitched so much about it that devs felt forced to include it in the game.

Dont know how they will figure it out to do it right

Anyway, tested the patch here, and the input lag in RT Mode got HUGELY improved (as noted on patched notes). It's actually playable now in 30 fps mode (if you can play games at 30 fps)

I really want to replay it, but I'll wait for the police patch
I agree honestly 🤷‍♂️. This mod really showed me why they decided to cut it, its just not fun and clunky, and as you said the only situations this would work is when riding shotgun, which already happens. Same with chases, this isn't GTA, and being pursued all over town while you're just trying to get on with the game seems like an annoyance.

Well, this mod does add the possibility of enemies calling for back up that come by car, which adds a nice extra challenge.

Top Bottom