• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk patch 1.61 ads FSR 2.1 to PC and next-gen consoles

winjer

Gold Member

Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.61 Release Notes
QUESTS & OPEN WORLD #1

• Fixed an issue where spamming the Interact button to loot containers could cause various NCPD Scanner Hustles to not be completed properly.
  • Reported Crime: Another Circle of Hell, Lost and Found, Blood in the Air, Disloyal Employee, Don’t Foget the Parking Brake!, Comrade Red
    – Fixed an issue where quest wasn’t completed after looting the goods.

• Fixed an issue where some Assault in Progress missions in Northside, Rancho Coronado, Coastview and Badlands weren’t completed despite fulfilling the objective.
  • Fixed an issue where some Suspected Organized Crime Activities weren’t completed despite fulfilling the objective.
  • Also fixed an issue that could disable all Drop Points, blocking progress in various gigs.
  • Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to complete an Assault in Progress in Charter Hill because the evidence didn’t spawn.
  • Cyberpsycho Sighting: House on a Hill
    – Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to reach the Cyberpsycho because the garage door didn’t open.

• Cyberpsycho Sighting: Where the Bodies Hit the Floor
    – Fixed an issue where the quest was stuck on the “Find the Cyberpsycho” objective after defeating the Cyberpsycho and sending information to Regina.
QUESTS & OPEN WORLD #2

• Gig: Error 404
    – Fixed an issue where the gig didn’t trigger after approaching the area.

• Gig: Freedom of the Press
    – Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to proceed inside the TV station building because the doors were closed.

• Gig: Greed Never Pays
    – Fixed an issue where it was impossible to complete the “Search the hidden room” objective because the computer was unpowered.

• Gig: Last Login

• Gig: No Fixers

• Gig: Old Friends

• Gig: Playing for Keeps
    – Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to speak to the bartender if combat started inside the bar, blocking progress.

• Gig: We Have Your Wife
    – Fixed an issue where Lauren wasn’t reacting after coming to rescue her, blocking progress.

• Automatic Love
    – Fixed an issue that could block progress to further main quests after leaving Clouds.

• Fortunate Son
    – Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to progress past the “Return to the Aldecaldos camp” objective.

• I Fought the Law
    – Fixed an issue where after meeting up with River, he teleported to an unreachable area underground, blocking progress.

• Small Man, Big Mouth
    – Fixed an issue where the truck in the garage could be despawned, blocking progress.
VISUAL

• Night City NPCs will now carry umbrellas in various colors and shapes.
  • Fixed multiple instances of missing collisions that could result with player falling off the map.
  • Corrected various floating or displaced objects on the map.
  • Fixed the issue where V’s breasts clipped through clothes after changing their size at a Ripperdoc.
  • Fixed an issue where after changing nail length from long to short using the mirror, the change wasn’t reflected in-game until reloading a save.
  • Also fixed an issue where cars could glitch after bumping into them.
GAMEPLAY

• Fixed an issue where Headhunter and Blue Fang Iconic knives would not appear in vendor’s inventory if player visited the vendor before the 1.6 Patch.
  • Crit Damage and Quickhack Cooldown Reduction bonuses in clothing should now work properly.
  • It should be now possible to craft the Legendary variant of the Amnesty Iconic revolver.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to use consumables during fist fights.
  • Fixed an issue where weapons with explosive damage were dealing less damage than intended.
  • Also fixed an issue where slotted mods disappeared from an item after selling it to a vendor, leaving and then coming back to the same vendor.
  • Fixed an issue where putting a corpse into a container or a trunk, walking away and then coming back could give a player an infinite amount of money.
  • The Heat-resistant aramid-weave fixer shirt will now be also available for non-Street Kid players.
  • Fixed an issue where firing some weapons when falling could cancel fall damage.
UI

• The Beast in Me
    – Fixed an issue where player’s position could be shown as 1/6 despite coming second.

• Fixed an issue where reverting key bindings back to default was not reflected in the game until restart/reload.
  • Fixed an issue where the inventory menu could rapidly scroll up and down after disassembling or dropping an item.
PC-SPECIFIC

• Fixed the issue with temporary FPS drops when exiting menus.
  • Fixed an issue where upgrading an item into a higher tier rarity crashed the game.
MISCELLANEOUS

• Added support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1.
  • Fixed an issue where in specific circumstances Judy could disappear from the game while in her apartment.
  • Fixed an issue where the Wardrobe interaction in the Nomad Camp was duplicated after skipping time there.
  • It will no longer be possible to play on arcade machines that are placed horizontally.

Last edited:

Skifi28

A little unrelated, but I have to say I'm frustrated Digital Foundry hasn't done an in-depth FSR 2.0 vs 2.1 comparison yet when it's supposedly a big improvement in artifacts/ghosting when they can't stop talking about DLSS.

Edit: Downloading now, I guess I'll judge it myself.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

CDPR redeemed yet?

sean-murrayblog-1600856408412.jpg

I mean, Sean Murray got a second chance (deservedly so) after the terrible NMS launch and the wonderful work they've done since. We might forgive CDRP as well, right? No?

Last edited:

Fbh

Nice, will be interesting to see some comparison pics, specially of the console version.
Waiting to play this game is really paying off lol

Duchess

I've yet to play this, but I'd be real interested to see performance benchmarks for PS5 and XSX with that FSF magic added.

Puscifer

CDPR redeemed yet?

I mean, Sean Murray got a second chance (deservedly so) after the terrible NMS launch and the wonderful work they've done since. We might forgive CDRP as well, right? No?
My hot take is that it was always a good game that only got better. But I fully admit that CDPR should've either cancelled the previous gen ports or made them only playable on the enhanced consoles because the scale clearly grew out of it's original plan. Played on PS4 Pro at launch and enjoyed every second, only got better when I played it on PC when I did my build about 6 months after it came out. This hatred towards them really needs to stop, it's pointless and edgy.

Darsxx82

Where specifically does it say FSR 2.1 on nextGen consoles? It is not very clear and I have doubts.

If so, it will be interesting to see the results, especially in XSS where it is supposed to have a higher computational cost (which is why it was not used in Scorn).

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
CDPR redeemed yet?

Game is still not very good. I try to get in every few months and barely last a few missions. World is beautiful. Probably the best graphics ever. But my god is the gameplay boring. Shooting doesnt feel good. Combat abilities dont seem to do much. I have some melee builds that look good but gunplay builds not so much.

I really want to like this game but man, it's just boring.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
CDPR redeemed yet?

Absolutely. I look at NMS, MS SoT and CDPR and contrast them with BioWare's Anthem and I appreciate the guys who stood behind their product and worked their ass off to realize the initial vision.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

Man, CDPR is going to make me start a new save aren't they.

Patiently waiting for New Game Plus to get the best ending.

I'm interested in how big of a difference FSR will make in game. Only other game I've tried it with was the ps5 version of hot wheels, and I didn't notice much of a difference.

Thief1987

Where specifically does it say FSR 2.1 on nextGen consoles? It is not very clear and I have doubts.

If so, it will be interesting to see the results, especially in XSS where it is supposed to have a higher computational cost (which is why it was not used in Scorn).
On their site paragraph about FSR looks like this
  • Added support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 (PC and next-gen consoles only).

Last edited:

Tokio Blues

Im playing CP2077 for the first time, 22hs aprox.

It's just incredible what CDPROJEKT achieved with this game.

The quality of the dialogues and the quest are simply out of this world. The attention to detail, is just incredible.

Yes, it has a lot of bugs yet, but they dont ruin the experience at all.

Also, the story is brilliant.

Last edited:

Banned
I updated and did a quick comparison between DLSS, FSR and Native.
DLSS and FSR are set to Quality mode 80% Sharpness
all are at 1440p

always a stationary shot followed by a shot in motion/strafing to the right:

nativeh1cu8.png

nativemoving9xdt6.png

fsrstill9ffmd.png

fsrmoving15c5b.png

dlssstillklijb.png

dlssmovingilddl.png

not saying which is which, but you will be able to tell by looking at the file name I guess if you wanna check if you guessed right :) and the framerate will spoil it too I guess lol

Last edited:

GermanZepp

CDPR redeemed yet?

NMS was not a bugfest at launch. Just barebones and with some cutback content that was later added.

BbMajor7th

Game is still not very good. I try to get in every few months and barely last a few missions. World is beautiful. Probably the best graphics ever. But my god is the gameplay boring. Shooting doesnt feel good. Combat abilities dont seem to do much. I have some melee builds that look good but gunplay builds not so much.

I really want to like this game but man, it's just boring.
Same. I was so up for the concept when they first announced it, but the writing, the structure and the gunplay really don't resonate with me and the RPG elements just don't pull me in like RPGs ordinarily do. I'm normally the guy going around collecting every weapon and armour set even if I never use them, or they completely incompatible with my build, but in Cyberpunk there's just no real appeal.

FireFly

all are at 1440p

not saying which is which, but you will be able to tell by looking at the file name I guess if you wanna check if you guessed right :) and the framerate will spoil it too I guess lol
To me DLSS looks the sharpest, but FSR still looks similar to native.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
CDPR redeemed yet?

I don't know, have they actually IMPROVED the game in any significant ways, or have they just been fixing broken shit for two years?

NMS was never broken, it just had less features than promised. Now it has like several additional games worth of features and content over what was EVER promised.

Last edited:

Skifi28

I'm assuming this is an option in the menus for the next gen consoles?
Nothing in the options on the PS5. Just the performance vs RT option.

As far as general impressions go, the image does appear sharper (unless it's placebo). There are no obvious occlusion artifacts like in that DF God of War video, but I did notice some very specific issues like the scope of my weapon leaving ghost trails behind which I could swear did not happen before.

Last edited:

bbeach123

all are at 1440p

Damn the game ugly af .

Top Bottom