• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk patch 1.61 ads FSR 2.1 to PC and next-gen consoles

Guilty_AI

Yeah, I mean stuff like that. But there are also drivers for specific games now and then, that you pretty much need to update to to play it well.
Those are just normal driver updates, which you can do automatically. You don't really need those "game specific" updates to play games either, they only started advertising like that because people wouldn't update their drivers frequently enough.

Anyway, my point was just that you don't need to bother with that on console, in response to the guy who said console and PC gaming are about as convenient these days. They're not.
You do, consoles have updates too.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Those are just normal driver updates, which you can do automatically. You don't really need those "game specific" updates to play games either, they only started advertising like that because people wouldn't update their drivers frequently enough.

You do, consoles have updates too.

Sure, OS updates. Just like Windows. There's a lot more stuff to keep up to date on a PC. And yeah, you can do it automatically, but let's not pretend drivers never cause any issues.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I don't understand this logic. RT reflections for Rift Apart accounted for 10% of total frame budget (3ms/frame for 30fps mode). Metro Exodus has RTGI/60fps implementation on consoles. So developers can't blame the hardware. It's ultimately an issue of priority, and in such cases, gamers have a right to disagree with developer priorities.
The RTX 2xxx-4xxx cards have much better ray tracing performance. Even the rx 6900 is quite limited in terms of ray tracing and the graphics cards in consoles are much weaker. Sure you can get Raytracing on Console, but it is limited.

a few more pics:

oEv1G9C.jpg

nIMJb7A.jpg

proandrad

I don't really know too much about the differences between the two.

This was more just to test FSR, I don't notice too much of a difference to be honest, except that the FSR is creating some really ugly particle effects around stuff like smoke with its image sharpening and some random increase in flickering on some objects.
So is the performance gain you compared against not running FSR at all or have you used FSR 1.0 or dlss in the past?

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Sure, OS updates. Just like Windows. There's a lot more stuff to keep up to date on a PC. And yeah, you can do it automatically, but let's not pretend drivers never cause any issues.
OS and gpu drivers. Thats it basically. And driver issues are increasingly rare. And lets not pretend games on console dont suffer issues of their own either, i still remember how Returnal would keep crashing for a lot of people sometime after launch, and they could do nothing but sit and wait for patchs.

So put at least RT Reflections on consoles, you cowards

Putting only RT Shadows was infuriating

On my 3060 I can play it with all RT features, including RT lighting on Psycho at 40 FPS, so surely they can do better than this with FSR 2.1
I know right?! We waited soooo long for the big next gen update only to get a bootleg version of RT shadows (if you want to see a Real implementation of RT shadows on console see Cold War) and the 30 fps RT mode is almost unplayable anyway due to input lag.

And somehow gamers praised the patch. They even said RT reflections were in the game in the graphics options menu which shows it was supposed to have them.

There has been many disappointnents for me graphically when it comes to these nect gen consoles and "next gen updates". Control, dying light 2, halo infinite, and cyberpunk being at the top of that list.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
So put at least RT Reflections on consoles, you cowards

Putting only RT Shadows was infuriating

On my 3060 I can play it with all RT features, including RT lighting on Psycho at 40 FPS, so surely they can do better than this with FSR 2.1

That 3060 is much better equipped for RT than the PS5.

sachos

CDPR redeemed yet?

sean-murrayblog-1600856408412.jpg

I mean, Sean Murray got a second chance (deservedly so) after the terrible NMS launch and the wonderful work they've done since. We might forgive CDRP as well, right? No?
Once they release the expansion DLC and the Police Rework i think they enter the NMS redemption territory

Banned
No it is not. Slightly better than a 2060 Super so roughly equal to the consoles. Although some titles have consoles perform better.

the 3060 shits on the consoles in raytracing.

the consoles quite literally are slightly better at raytracing than a GTX1080ti, and no I'm not exaggerating.

reminder that Watch Dogs Legion on console has lower RT settings than possible on PC (RT reflections on console are checkerboarded meaning half the resolution than on PC)
well, look what zhe GTX1080ti can do:

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Consoles should not have RT imo, games will still look very good without RT (looks at Stray).

Maybe wait for next gen.

EDMIX

Very faint to none.

HRhBXvP.jpg

oh you'll get that as a patch 2023 and maybe NPC's will behave better in 2024.

That might have been a joke in 2020, but holy shit...its sounding like that is a correct guess at this point.
Once they release the expansion DLC and the Police Rework i think they enter the NMS redemption territory

I actually disagree.

Not only did NMS deliver what was promised, they delivered BEYOND what was promised. CP2077 is literally still trying to be a functional game, adding some DLC and police AI will merely have them meet some standard of what an actual fucking game is expected to have regarding AI.

To deliver what was promised like that train station, functional gameplay etc isn't near NMS territory, its to do that and then some. NMS didn't just add the features promised and booked it, they added a slew of features like the world building stuff with bases that was never in the original reveal.

They need something beyond that scope to get there and i just don't think they are going to make it if we are at the ending of 2022 and are literally talking about a game adding cop AI. We've never had that conversation about any modern open world game btw lol I don't think even the shittiest open world title in some modern city of AAA claim we've ever seen years later have such a feature missing with the team trying to patch, correct etc. I can't even see this as a "patch", they are literally just still working on the game lol

So its going to be a while until I see myself replaying this on PS5. Its looking like years at this point, I've yet to ever encounter any game with this much shit missing, as years go by you realize just how much this fucking publisher was lying about the state of this full price early access game. And to think, we were pissed at the no MP in No Man Sky lol That is minor compared to the laundry list of shit missing in CP2077 and at least NMS had the excuse of a small team or something.

Pimpbaa

Consoles should not have RT imo, games will still look very good without RT (looks at Stray).

Maybe wait for next gen.

Games like Spiderman, Rachet and Clank, Metro Exodus, Doom Eternal all have RT reflections or RT lighting (Metro Exodus) and 60fps. Just because some do a half ass job with RT in games doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be used.

Zathalus

the consoles quite literally are slightly better at raytracing than a GTX1080ti, and no I'm not exaggerating.

reminder that Watch Dogs Legion on console has lower RT settings than possible on PC (RT reflections on console are checkerboarded meaning half the resolution than on PC)

Or, Spider-Man Remastered where the PS5 outperforms a 3060 ti in RT 4k. RE: Village, the XSX is just shy of a 2080 in the RT mode.

TrebleShot

Consoles aren’t Pc guys there is no equivalent GFX card etc that’s why you get stuttering on PC and PS5 can match and in some cases better high end GFX cards.

Forget about comparisons to Nvidia cards.

It’s like saying let’s compare two vegetables and doing a carrot Vs an orange. Similar aspects but fundamentally different.

mrmeh

Or, Spider-Man Remastered where the PS5 outperforms a 3060 ti in RT 4k. RE: Village, the XSX is just shy of a 2080 in the RT mode.

Spiderman is not a well optimised port, That's more down to the fact that the developers did not spend the required time to make the engine robust and as performant as possible on pc.

Bloody thing still crashes on my pc and can't use RT - I have a good pc.. plays most XSX/PS5 games that run at 30fps @60fps+

FireFly

That benchmark is at 1080p while the console version uses 4K DRS with 1440p as the floor. Alex found with matched console settings (but still slightly higher reflection quality, perhaps due to the denoiser) performance was similar to a 2060 Super. So ballpark RT performance is probably between a 2060 and 2060 Super.

-Zelda-

Banned
The police expansion makes me nervous because I really suck at driving in this game. Breaking and turning fights me every time, and wins. If I start hitting pedestrians again, I now have to deal with cops that will chase me all over the city?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The police expansion makes me nervous because I really suck at driving in this game.
The way the AI is in this game I'm more worried about the cops destroying the city just to get me. Even tho this games takes place in city and you play as criminal, this game is not sandbox game like GTA and there is big difference between traditional open world and sandbox.

Hugare

That benchmark is at 1080p while the console version uses 4K DRS with 1440p as the floor. Alex found with matched console settings (but still slightly higher reflection quality, perhaps due to the denoiser) performance was similar to a 2060 Super. So ballpark RT performance is probably between a 2060 and 2060 Super.
So a 1080p/40 FPS with rt lighting and reflections option would be doable

I know, I had a 2060 previously and I was able to play it with all RT settings (not psycho) at 40 FPS with some dips (on a laptop with low TDP graphic card)

M1987

Has anyone with a PS5 confirmed it has FSR 2.1? I have the game on PS5,so I want to know if it has it before I play it again

Ywap

Game is still not very good. I try to get in every few months and barely last a few missions. World is beautiful. Probably the best graphics ever. But my god is the gameplay boring. Shooting doesnt feel good. Combat abilities dont seem to do much. I have some melee builds that look good but gunplay builds not so much.

I really want to like this game but man, it's just boring.
I just finished the game and i have to agree. Amazing cyberpunk world and it runs super smooth. Problem for me was the difficulty, or the lack of it. I had a maxed out hacker character and i basically pressed a button and everyone died. Boring indeed.

So, yeah, not much of a game behind all the beauty. Imagine Cyberpunks world with Deus Ex gameplay 🤤

Top Bottom