• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk patch 1.61 ads FSR 2.1 to PC and next-gen consoles

QY0ZMjH.gif
This is an actual glitch/bug? Or is it doctored in some way. If it is a glitch is this your actual capture?

yurinka

I mean, Sean Murray got a second chance (deservedly so) after the terrible NMS launch and the wonderful work they've done since. We might forgive CDRP as well, right? No?
No Man's Sky already was a great game at launch and wasn't a broken bugfest with awful performance as Cyberpunk was specially in console at launch. Some of you expected No Man's Sky to be other thing that it was at launch, that's all.

Last edited:

yamaci17

So there is a performance hit. I was hoping for better performance, especially in both markets behind Toms Diner and Jig Jig street.
Those locations are CPU bound, in which case FSR 2 would not help. CPU bound locations need one thing: Better code optimization, or nerf to NPC counts, or nerf to drawcalls / draw distance / details. Dropping resolution or scaling shadow/reflection etc. quality won't have any noticable effect on CPU bound performance.

Gusy

Those locations are CPU bound, in which case FSR 2 would not help. CPU bound locations need one thing: Better code optimization, or nerf to NPC counts, or nerf to drawcalls / draw distance / details. Dropping resolution or scaling shadow/reflection etc. quality won't have any noticable effect on CPU bound performance.

Makes sense.. bummer though

Games like Spiderman, Rachet and Clank, Metro Exodus, Doom Eternal all have RT reflections or RT lighting (Metro Exodus) and 60fps. Just because some do a half ass job with RT in games doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be used.
This.

RT is new. I'm sure the hardware is a lot more capable that its given credit for when the right implementation is used, for example all the games you just listed.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
So there is a performance hit. I was hoping for better performance, especially in both markets behind Toms Diner and Jig Jig street.

It depends on how CDPR approaches it. They could be natively rendering at 1200p now using FSR 2.1 for a final 4k output rather than just natively rendering at 1440p. In which case you'd get both improved IQ and a more stable 60fps.

We'd need a proper analysis to see though.

Last edited:

proandrad

RT options greatly decrease performance in those areas. I would recommend turning off RT if the performance dips are too great at those locations.

Thirty7ven

Banned
On consoles the High quality (RT?) mode also increased population density. Have they improved that on the performance mode?

On consoles the High quality (RT?) mode also increased population density. Have they improved that on the performance mode?
I have seen a video of PS5 with locked 60fps which is surprising as I am pretty sure the game had frequent drops before. They must have added performance improvement on consoles.

Gusy

I have seen a video of PS5 with locked 60fps which is surprising as I am pretty sure the game had frequent drops before. They must have added performance improvement on consoles.

If the footage in this video is really from PS5.. then the performance boost is really remarkable. I might re-install and give it a spin to test it.

It depends on how CDPR approaches it. They could be natively rendering at 1200p now using FSR 2.1 for a final 4k output rather than just natively rendering at 1440p. In which case you'd get both improved IQ and a more stable 60fps.

We'd need a proper analysis to see though.
I checked it out last bight on ps5 and i see NO improvement compared with b4 the pat h. I was also getting framedrops.

I continue to be mildly disappointed with CdProject and their next gen console effory here.

Ideally ..this fsr 2.1 update would give us Rt reflections on console at 6p fps. Probably never was going to happen though even if they wanted due to how demanding it is on their engine.

Other than restoring NPC density all their big "next gen update" did was fix bugs and raise the resolution sligjtly from 1260p to 144pp. Considering how much was made of it and how LONG we had to wait ...this was majorly disappointing for me.

They care about the PC which gets cointless updates with real graphical improvements.

I checked it out last bight on ps5 and i see NO improvement compared with b4 the pat h. I was also getting framedrops.

I continue to be mildly disappointed with CdProject and their next gen console effory here.

Ideally ..this fsr 2.1 update would give us Rt reflections on console at 6p fps. Probably never was going to happen though even if they wanted due to how demanding it is on their engine.

Other than restoring NPC density all their big "next gen update" did was fix bugs and raise the resolution sligjtly from 1260p to 144pp. Considering how much was made of it and how LONG we had to wait ...this was majorly disappointing for me.

They care about the PC which gets cointless updates with real graphical improvements.
someone just posted locked 60 footage above u. who to believe

Wow, Series X version is now looking pin-sharp with this FSR 2.1 update. And this is on the 60fps mode. Very impressive.
aa91a44b-40da-4370-871b-78e32117663a.png
Could it be that only Series X got fsr 2.1 yesterday and CD Project mislabelled it as "next gen console(S)"? Because on ps5 it looks th3 sam3 as pre patch to my eyes. Maybe i need to play more but that was my impression after fiddling with it for 15 min

CDProject has fucked up with mislabelling stuff before (next gen patch was initially labelled as having RT reflections and shadows in the options when it didnt)

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
So im not just seeing this, fsr does actually make a noticable difference on series x, i cant explain it, but it looks sharper and feels smoother. Even the ads, while still low res, look better than before

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This bodes well for Witcher's next gen patch having RT + 60 FPS possible if they're going to fit FSR 2.1 there as well.

Impressive. This solidifies that Scorn not having FSR on Series S is likely a developer budget/optimization limitation, if the same hardware can use it on a much more complex game.

Last edited:

Banned
This bodes well for Witcher's next gen patch having RT + 60 FPS possible if they're going to fit FSR 2.1 there as well.

Impressive. This solidifies that Scorn not having FSR on Series S is likely a developer budget/optimization limitation, if the same hardware can use it on a much more complex game.

Scorn not being 1440p + FSR2 at 120fps also tells me the devs didn't have time to properly optimise.
that game ran way better on my PC and usually in pure raster performance I am at best on par with Series X, sometimes a tiny bit better and sometimes a bit worse...

Duchess

Heh. I've still not played this game. Maybe I'll wait even longer, to see what other improvements are made before finally picking it up! (PS5)

amscanner

I've tried PS5 version and there's improvement in an image clarity but it's not a something like night and day difference IMO. Sadly , it seems like that pretty low internal resolution (1080p or even lower) is used for FSR 2.1 in ps5 version.

winjer

Gold Member
What people(not you) fail to understand with the FSR vs DLSS comparisons is that it isn't just about quality mode. DLSS doesn't completely fall apart in performance mode due to the machine learning, while FSR and all the other temporal upscalers do.

I was talking with a member of another forum, and he said that FSR 2.1 mod, works slightly better than the CDPR's FSR 2.1 implementation.
He is also quite eager to try out the FSR 2.2 mod, when it comes out. As it should improve things even further.

But yes, DLSS is still the king of upscalers, regardless of quality mode.
But it's biggest advantage is that we can change the DLL and improve older games. I lost count of how many games I changed the DLL to improve quality.
Without this, I probably would not have used DLSS, because the implemented version was bad.
Most games that use FSR 2.x have it integrated into the game's code. And so does XeSS.
FSR 2.x can at least be modded into several games. Not XeSS.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I am not sure if it improved picture, however loading from main menu was really quickly, did they implement/upgraded direct storage as well?

Top Bottom