• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk patch 1.61 ads FSR 2.1 to PC and next-gen consoles

Skifi28

it's probably the same as XSX and that was 1440p before. Why would it lower now?
FSR2.x is not free, it does have its own cost so it would't be crazy to think the resolution was lowered. Though certainly not by how much the person you quoted said.

Last edited:

Skifi28

The series S is the more interesting for me since that should benefit the most, at least in theory.

Found this comparison, seems like a mixed bag. The native resolution is probably too low for FSR to work properly and you end up with quite a bit of visual noise/shimmering. In many scenes it seems it was already there and FSR makes it worse. I imagine fast camera motion will not be very pleasant.

Last edited:

twilo99

Series S becoming even more of a beast...Holy shit.... mind-blowing. Get this in every game for these consoles asap.

I always thought that Microsoft designed this thing with FSR in mind and .. here we are.

This will only get better as more games get updated.

Plague tale needs this asap.

it will be interesting to hear why the Scorn devs didn’t use FSR for the xss but maybe it will come as an update.

winjer

Gold Member

Found this comparison, seems like a mixed bag. The native resolution is probably too low for FSR to work properly and you end up with quite a bit of visual noise/shimmering. In many scenes it seems it was already there and FSR makes it worse. I imagine fast camera motion will not be very pleasant.

With FSR it does have more detail. But it also ads a lot of shimmering in thin objects.
But we can't expect much from this console. It only renders this game at 800p to 1080p.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
I'm now getting rock solid 40FPS on FSR2 Balanced in my Steam Deck, using the same settings that I had at 30FPS with FSR1 Ultra, and I'm still getting slightly better IQ due to improved AA.

I always thought that Microsoft designed this thing with FSR in mind and .. here we are.
I think all consoles have been designed with some form of upscaling in mind since the mid-gens promoted a 4K output resolution with GPUs that clearly wouldn't handle that resolution natively.

The big difference between temporal upscalers like FSR2 or DLSS2 and linear ones like e.g. FSR1 and checkerboarding is that the formers actually work pretty well on very low resolutions, whereas the others need higher base resolutions.

Last edited:

Gusy

I have seen a video of PS5 with locked 60fps which is surprising as I am pretty sure the game had frequent drops before. They must have added performance improvement on consoles.

Well, I can confidently say, based on my experience with the PS5 version with the latest patch that the footage on that video is complete bullshit.

There are stutters and judder all over the market behind Toms Diner. Maybe even worse than before. I also noticed that there might be improvements in NPC counts and overall LOD. But I'm not 100% sure.

The patch is a mixed bag for me (On PS5)

b0uncyfr0

I loaded it up on my series X and it does look noticeably sharper. It isn't a huge difference though - I only played for a quick 20 mins.

Interested in performance, I'm sure this is a locked 60 fps or as close as were gonna get on performance mode now.

Something on the Series X I never noticed prior to the update to FSR but when I'm driving in 3rd person, every 10 seconds or so there is noticeable artifacting that happens which I did not notice before. Playing in performance mode.

Modi1984

Neo Member
I don't know about the update at first but i noticed the game is lookin so crispy good (Series X)

11-11-2022_2-04-16_pmrad4k.png

11-11-2022_2-43-49_pmd3i2x.png

11-11-2022_2-44-17_pmh3iti.png

Majukun

CDPR redeemed yet?

sean-murrayblog-1600856408412.jpg

I mean, Sean Murray got a second chance (deservedly so) after the terrible NMS launch and the wonderful work they've done since. We might forgive CDRP as well, right? No?
that guy didn't deserve a second chance in the first place, so same goes to cd pro

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
that guy didn't deserve a second chance in the first place, so same goes to cd pro
You ever done something you want forgiveness for? I bet these devs and their issues with their games have nothing on things you or other people do (me included).

So yes, they deserve it and in Hello games case, they have won back trust and then some. CDPR has a pedigree that I trust and would rather live with than posters who don't forgive.

No offense.

Fbh

So is the Ps5 implementation not as good?
I've seen a lot of Xbox users saying they've noticed the image much sharper but not so much on PS5, nor can I find any comparison videos or images on Ps5.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I've seen a lot of Xbox users saying they've noticed the image much sharper but not so much on PS5, nor can I find any comparison videos or images on Ps5.

I think the Xbox folks are just quicker to post on YT. The implementation should be the same on both. SX might benefit a little more since it always ran at a bit higher DRS bounds, but it should not be drastically different between the two.

oji-san

Banned
To me they've yet to disappoint, first game for me was TW2 on X360 and i loved it, TW3 is top 5 of all time favs, and i've played CP2077 after the 1.5 patch on PS5 and it was solid, not perfect but very good to me, both good looking and most areas smooth.
Shame about the last gen versions being not good, and they got bad rep for this.
Looking forward for the expansion.

Arioco

We already have videos of the PS5 version even in HDR. Have a look a judge it by yourself... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ovech-King

Gold Member
I booted up the PS5 version yesterday and it's blatantly way sharper resolution now . A bit like when you turn off AA on PC but without the aliasing on edges. It's clean AF now vs everything I remember from my console experience up to this point . Very good news for the future of these consoles

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Why there isn't yet some DF/VgTech video about it? I try it, looks the same on XSX to me, but last time I played it was like 6 months ago. So I dunno, runs well tho.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Do we know for sure FSR 2.1 is in on next-gen consoles ? Any confirmation?
Most definitely, soon as I booted it up on PS5 I could see the difference so I took some screenshots because it looked better but when I popped back in to have a look at my character it confirmed it.
The details are much sharper then before
ohrXXjO.jpg

hLPwVRr.jpg

yamaci17

Most definitely, soon as I booted it up on PS5 I could see the difference so I took some screenshots because it looked better but when I popped back in to have a look at my character it confirmed it.
ohrXXjO.jpg

hLPwVRr.jpg
its fsr sharpening

Last edited:

Arioco

Yeah there's video but with no direct comparison with the previous patch it's hard to see the actual difference.

Patience. Sooner than later DF, VGTech
or El Analista de Bist will come up with a comparison.

NXGamer NXGamer Hey Michael! Want to be the first? 😂

fatmarco

There's definitely visual artifacting going on that wasn't there before.

Anything like those glowing digital yellow moving arrows on the ground show very obvious "trailing" and I've seen a general increase in visual flickering for whatever reason, like when you pull nano wire out etc.

Majukun

Get off your high horse.
They made mistake, apologized and made a serious effort to improve their games significantly.
Maybe you would prefer companies that release a broken game, never fix it and run away with the money.
so asking a developer to not blatantly lie about the game they are developing for personal gain is too much.

how low are the standards in this day and age.

i prefer companies that don't lie to me.

the guy just fixed the game because otherwise he would not be able to sell water in the desert in the future.

meanwhile dozens of honest developers try to sell their games on their actual merit, instead of making millions with lies and then using part of that money to fix the game afterwards

but fuck them right?they should have just lied and fix later.

What was the point of this update again? It doesn't look better, at all (and some say the IQ is even degraded in some instances) AND it doesn't perform better either. The 60 fps mode on ps4 doesnt feel smooth and ive put in 4 hours of playtime since the patch. Not that it was very smooth before but at least the game was at a native image and looked a bit sharper imo.

Does anyone else feel like this whole next gen update with Cyberpunk has been very disappointing? I feel like no matter what CD Project is incompetemt when it comes to console and that we're not getting a versipn of the game that really takes advantage of the ps5/sx.

I expectes to at least have something in line with a midrange PC, which is able to at least have RT reflections and really nice iq at close to 60 fps. The IQ and perfoemance of the ps5 isnt great and thats without RT.

The fidelity mode looks a lot nicer but its 30 fps (and feels less smooth than b4 this update).

There are certain devs that underdeliver again and again. Another example is a game that has parellels to CP 2077 and that is Dying Light 2. They also coildnt give us something in line qith what they can provide for their PC users on mid range hardware. They are also a European developer who cant quite ever get things rigkt. With DL2 they put out a patch that gives 1440p/60 (actually its 1260p on ps5 andb1440p on SX) but that game looks so lackluster in that mode. Also, in doing so they messed up the 30 fps fidelity mode (which actually looked great at 30 fps). Now that 30 fps mode performs worse than b4 patch and is unplayable.

I wish more people complained to CD project about this next gen patch being so weak considering how long we had to wait for it.

ohrXXjO.jpg

hLPwVRr.jpg
Its definitely NOT sharoer than before. It looks about the same.

winjer

Gold Member
so asking a developer to not blatantly lie about the game they are developing for personal gain is too much.

how low are the standards in this day and age.

i prefer companies that don't lie to me.

the guy just fixed the game because otherwise he would not be able to sell water in the desert in the future.

meanwhile dozens of honest developers try to sell their games on their actual merit, instead of making millions with lies and then using part of that money to fix the game afterwards

but fuck them right?they should have just lied and fix later.

Almost all AAA studios lie to consumers. And then do nothing to fix the issues they created.
The difference is that CDPR and Hello games did a serious effort to make good on their games.

Majukun

Almost all AAA studios lie to consumers. And then do nothing to fix the issues they created.
The difference is that CDPR and Hello games did a serious effort to make good on their games.
no, the difference is that even in a world of lies, their lies were so egregious that made people take notice
don't act like all studios lie to their degree because it's simply not true.

but you do you, just don't complain next time the game you buy is not what it was presented to you and is barely finished, you are asking for it

winjer

Gold Member
no, the difference is that even in a world of lies, their lies were so egregious that made people take notice
don't act like all studios lie to their degree because it's simply not true.

but you do you, just don't complain next time the game you buy is not what it was presented to you and is barely finished, you are asking for it

Just look at Activision-Blizzard, EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft, Take2, Konami, Square-Enix, and a few more.
All have done much worse. Broken games that never got fixed, NFTs, predatory micro-transactions andloot-boxes, and much more.
I don't see you getting your pants in a fire, over these, as much as you do about CDPR.
At least CDPR recognized their mistakes, apologized and fixed it.

Majukun

Just look at Activision-Blizzard, EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft, Take2, Konami, Square-Enix, and a few more.
All have done much worse. Broken games that never got fixed, NFTs, predatory micro-transactions andloot-boxes, and much more.
I don't see you getting your pants in a fire, over these, as much as you do about CDPR.
At least CDPR recognized their mistakes, apologized and fixed it.
no they did not,false advertisement is still worse than all of that in my book, because i can choose to not buy their games due to the info they providing not being blatant lies, which is what i do by the way.

i get it that for you if you apologize and fix is all good, not for me.

you do you, just don't complain next time a studio uses your leniency to get your money and then "fix" the game years later,because not only you are accepting this tactic,you are endorsing it, saying that developers acting this way deserve praise.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
no they did not,false advertisement is still worse than all of that in my book, because i can choose to not buy their games due to the info they providing not being blatant lies, which is what i do by the way.

i get it that for you if you apologize and fix is all good, not for me.

you do you, just don't complain next time a studio uses your leniency to get your money and then "fix" the game years later,because not only you are accepting this tactic,you are endorsing it, saying that developers acting this way deserve praise.

LOL, and you think that Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft, and many others disclaim their games are full of bugs?

Majukun

LOL, and you think that Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft, and many others disclaim their games are full of bugs?
again, the issue with cyberpunk and no man sky was not just about the bugs, but about a blatant misrepresentation of the game during the promotional campaign, straight up telling customers that something was gonna be there and was not.

that is UNACCEPTABLE, at least for me.

if for you it's ok, feel free to use your money as you want, but it's like if somebody comes at you, stabs you and walks away...Then comes back 2 hours later, before you bleed to death, says he is sorry,patches you up, brings you to an hospital.
And you say "oh, he is such a great guy, he could have left me on the street to die, but he came back, such a great guy that one, we should send him a gift"

Goalus

again, the issue with cyberpunk and no man sky was not just about the bugs, but about a blatant misrepresentation of the game during the promotional campaign, straight up telling customers that something was gonna be there and was not.

if for you it's ok, feel free to use your money as you want, but it's like if somebody comes at you, stabs you and walks away...Then comes back 2 hours later, before you bleed to death, says he is sorry,patches you up, brings you to an hospital.
And you say "oh, he is such a great guy, he could have left me on the street to die, but he came back, such a great guy that one, we should send him a gift"
There is an easy solution: don't buy games, just rent them via subscription.

winjer

Gold Member

And other companies did the same. Remember the promises about Mass Effect Andromeda or Anthem. Or Fallout 76. Or the bullshots from Watchdogs. Or Driv3r. And so many games.
No, it's not acceptable that companies lie. But Hello games and CDPR fixed their mistakes. Something that most AAA companies never do.
You want to be angsty about a bad launch from 2 years ago, it's your choice. Most people are now enjoying these games, instead of being stuck in the past.

yamaci17

Which is?
part of the feature set or something?
yes it is an essential part of the FSR featureset. it is also why Horizon forbidden west's performance mode actually looks crisp to most. sharpening is a cheap trick to make games appear "higher" detailed. it is actually fake detail, you only pronounce the existing detail.
thankfully AMD has one of the best sharpening toolsets in the industry. so it does not have ringing artifacts, at least. it works very well if your input resolution is something decent. this is why FSR 1 was still a somewhat success at 4K/Ultra quality. FSR 2 is further better because it uses 4K hints / assets and LOD levels instead of a LOD that tuned for lower resolution
so when you mix both 4K lods/textures + sharpening, it manages to provide a good image quality boost to the supposed "lower" render resolution.

Reactions: TGO

winjer

Gold Member
FSR 2 is further better because it uses 4K hints / assets and LOD levels instead of a LOD that tuned for lower resolution
so when you mix both 4K lods/textures + sharpening, it manages to provide a good image quality boost to the supposed "lower" render resolution.

FSR and FSR 2.0 use the same LOD system. All these upscalers, require adjustment to LODs.
The difference is the use of temporal information by FSR 2, DLSS 2, XeSS, TAAU and TSR,

Top Bottom