• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damn that's a good lookin game! TLOU2

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I was a huge fan of TLOU remaster on the PS4. Even today, TLOU on ps4 is still a good looking game. I could not bring Myself to play The Last of US 2 due to I found out what they did to my boy Joel. I finally scored the game on a physical copy for $10 over black friday weekend. Holy shit is this a good looking game on my PS5. It actually looks better than 95% of games designed exclusively for PS5/XSX. (I know there are not a ton of them) Just a few things I noticed

-The art work is top notch. Just the way the world comes together, especially from night to day. Superb
-Mirror Reflects! Almost all games fail to get these right. Yes it's not a major factor but does add to the atmosphere!
-Environments including grass, trees, sky, water, lighting, etc are just spot on. My wife came in at a glance and asked what movie was I watching?
-Detail is everywhere. Character models are top notch, so much variety in environment, colors pop, Fantastic lighting, shadows etc. Just overall superb.
-Animation is also top notch. In 60fps mode on PS5 the movement of the characters feel so fluid. Swinging a big weapon for example feels right.

TLOU 2 is a graphics showcase even today. If it is true that Naughty Dog is working on TLOU 3 exclusively for ps5 it could be one of those shit your pants get ready adventure. I do not agree with how they did Joel but can't deny these guys are Tech Gods.

E11pcGqWEAQenWi.jpg:large

TLOU2-PS5-Site.jpg

17a5cfc0-88a7-11ea-a7fd-42e33e12d703

eJboLEqHMuwWGMHGHXsH5D-1200-80.jpg

Cul-rdonk4uvyh8ijanrbs46.jpg

189005-tlou2vign-orig-2-article_cover_bd-1.jpeg

angrod14

The GOAT. I was just in awe when I played it on launch day; devoured the game in one weekend. I could not believe they managed to push those visuals on a base PS4, with a locked performance. And the gameplay, so freaking TIGHT.

I've been waiting for Part III since then, hoping to feel that same sense of wonder again. Two years and counting. Only Naughty Dog can impress me at that level.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
The art work is top notch. Just the way the world comes together, especially from night to day. Superb
Yep. I'm not much of a fan of Naughty Dog's output, but there's a reason their games age so much better graphically than others, even ones that come out after them.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Not sure why you picked those screenshots considering two of them are bullshots and two are concept art.

Also silly to skip a game because a writer killed off his character. Never saw anyone stop watching godfather or game of thrones. I could understand if Joel was confirmed to be a playable character but Neil made it clear that Ellie was the only playable character from day one. Gamers are weird.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Wish it came with a good plot and characters but at least it did graphics and gameplay well
Despite the Abby story line, I like the overall story. Nature fighting back by creating a fungus based virus. I love the scenes in tlou 2 where you see nature over growing the city. It's about 25 years since society and all governments collapsed. People would be desperate and brutal to survive. There are pockets of people left but about 90% or greater of all mankind has been wiped out. It really is the Last of Us.

Fredrik

Bought it too on Black Friday, $4, thanks for reminding me. I kinda dropped out of GOWR right now so I should give this a try instead. How long is it?

I never really liked how it looked personally. Yeah naughty dogs are technical wizards blah blah blah.

Alot of the environments were fairly drab and depressing. I preferred how God of war, uncharted 4,Horizon and death stranding looked actually.

Not saying there technically better.....

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Amazing game. I loved the gameplay, graphics and story.
All you have to do is let the game slap you in the face and take you for a ride... The game plays you and then you play the game.
People who don't like the story have either not finished it or could not let go (ekhm... just like ellie)

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Wish it came with a good plot and characters but at least it did graphics and gameplay well
Dude it came in with the best plot in gaming and movies ever.
You just have to let go. The game is about you being ellie. Feeling what she does.

The only more profound games are maybe Soma and Metal Gear Solid 2 but only tlou2 makes plays you like that.
it really worked on my because I hated the game at first lol :p

Roufianos

It's absolutely stunning, genuinely looks and animates like a current gen game.

Shame the pacing and story are so bad.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Just wait for pc version

It will blow your MIND
Just wait for pc version, so it can be 60-70 and have ton of problems.... while you can pay 6$ for physical version and play it 1440p60fps on ps5 now...
tbh, I wish they did ps5 native version

cormack12

Gold Member
It was an amazing looking game. I actually waited until the sale and got it on PS5. I can't find it now, but there was a tweet, it may have been about the PS5 SSD where they were showing the advantage of loading thing JiT. It was a graph with distance and quality and it may have been in an uncharted discussion but I kind of noticed it for the first obvious time in a ND game. And it was the fat seraphites that made me notice. After a certain distance in the game the quality in the enemy details just dropped. Now while everything is going on like movement, bullets, enemy tracking you probably don't notice it, but for some reason it stuck out a little - maybe because they were pushing so much in this game.

But the vegetation, animation and environment artwork has always been spectacular from ND. What R* is to open worlds, these guys are to cinematic action, and they've maintained that as they have expanded their play 'corridors' into more open arenas as well. I literally cannot wait until I see their next step up with significantly more powerful technology.

Just wait for pc version, so it can be 60-70 and have ton of problems.... while you can pay 6$ for physical version and play it 1440p60fps on ps5 now...
tbh, I wish they did ps5 native version
Thats what factions is going to be; the native ps5 and pc port of the TLOU multiplayer. Got to wait until more ps5s sell before Naughty Dogg drops the crossgen support next year, they're practically already there with TLOU1 remake.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
Imag
Not sure why you picked those screenshots considering two of them are bullshots and two are concept art.

Also silly to skip a game because a writer killed off his character. Never saw anyone stop watching godfather or game of thrones. I could understand if Joel was confirmed to be a playable character but Neil made it clear that Ellie was the only playable character from day one. Gamers are weird.
Imagine making a Superman movie and kill Superman in the first scene and having 2 hours of movie left with nothing superman on it.

Thats what tlou2 did. Shit on its legacy and move on.

damidu

yeah even after a new gen its kind of crazy that nothing comes close animation and control wise in tps landscape,
including other sony first party.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Imag
Imagine making a Superman movie and kill Superman in the first scene and having 2 hours of movie left with nothing superman on it.

Lol You are so wrong.
The games are about Ellie and always were.
More over, the stories are also (and maybe even more s) about an apocalypse that does not have hero armor.
It is one of very few games that makes YOU FEEL the same thing as Ellie. it is quite incredible.
I never associated TLOU name only with Joel. Get over it and embrace the rollercoaster of emotions man

Last edited:

vivftp

Imag

lol, not even close. If you did play the game and came away with this impression, then you completely missed the point. If you didn't play the game and have this impression, then don't talk shit about something you're clueless about.

Never finished this shit. I got maybe 3 hours in and said I'm done

My condolences, you missed out on one of the greatest games ever made.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Bought it too on Black Friday, $4, thanks for reminding me. I kinda dropped out of GOWR right now so I should give this a try instead. How long is it?

27-30 hours.

but like others stated, it does depend on how you play like difficulty and if you explore as like God Of War, there is a lot of small things to find all over the world, like you find the Shot gun in some old bank off the beaten path and can easily miss it.

Imtjnotu

lol, not even close. If you did play the game and came away with this impression, then you completely missed the point. If you didn't play the game and have this impression, then don't talk shit about something you're clueless about.

My condolences, you missed out on one of the greatest games ever made.
I'll wate for the remake of the remaster

vivftp

I'll wate for the remake of the remaster
Heh, I know you're (probably) making a joke, but yeah a remaster or remake has been rumored. They'll eventually release it on PC, so that updated version for PC will also be updated for PS5. My guess is sometime next year.

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
I agree, it's one of the most beautiful games i've ever played, and runs so smooth on PS5, add the awesome and brutal gameplay and amazing plot and characters and it's the new addition to my top 3 of all time which is now top 4(The Witcher 3, GoW 2018, RDR 2 and TLoU2).

Edit: i think you should add a spoiler warning, i'm sure there's people that haven't played it yet and this thread has big spoiler that is a shame someone will see before playing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom