• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dan Ryckert |OT|

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I wish Dan uploaded his past streams on YT. I'd link the Twitch ones but those eventually disappear. Not sure if anyone else is archiving the streams up on YT or elsewhere. :(

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Maiden Voyage, please just let this thread die.
Dream On No GIF

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
btw - I missed the giantbomb OT deletion. What was the reason?
I mean, I've not watched anything gb for last 2 years since they are terrible but it was fun reading people realizing how bad gb is.
Dan channel carries more of old gb spirit than they could ever imagine

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
btw - I missed the giantbomb OT deletion. What was the reason?
I mean, I've not watched anything gb for last 2 years since they are terrible but it was fun reading people realizing how bad gb is.
Dan channel carries more of old gb spirit than they could ever imagine
Posters were getting super personal in their attacks on the staff and it just became a thread of complaints and negativity.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Posters were getting super personal in their attacks on the staff and it just became a thread of complaints and negativity.
Yeah I can see how would happen... but I was kinda hoping this type of "let's shit on them" topic would be allowed.
But if it was too personal and full of attacks, I can see it being too annoying to moderate. Weird that it was still toxic after Abby was gone. She was the main reason for gb badness in that topic :p
ok sorry, I don't want to drag it here. If it's closed, it's closed

Last edited:
Yeah I can see how would happen... but I was kinda hoping this type of "let's shit on them" topic would be allowed.
But if it was too personal and full of attacks, I can see it being too annoying to moderate. Weird that it was still toxic after Abby was gone. She was the main reason for gb badness in that topic :p
ok sorry, I don't want to drag it here. If it's closed, it's closed
We have a discord if you are wanting to talk about Giant Bomb, to keep this thread on topic of only Dan.

Here

Neo Member
Did Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage finally decided to let this thread go?

One of the streamer I follow raided Dan's stream. He apparently has a new studio because he lives in a house now. And he's doing a "sponsored stream" soon, whatever that means. This guy really goes out of his way to monetize everything he does. I can't really blame him, but let's just say he doesn't seem to share the same set of values I do. Then again, that's the Twitch ecosystem for ya.

Rikku-X

Did Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage finally decided to let this thread go?

One of the streamer I follow raided Dan's stream. He apparently has a new studio because he lives in a house now. And he's doing a "sponsored stream" soon, whatever that means. This guy really goes out of his way to monetize everything he does. I can't really blame him, but let's just say he doesn't seem to share the same set of values I do. Then again, that's the Twitch ecosystem for ya.
Well I hope Vince doesn't find out.

DiscoHippo

Banned
How does one create threads? I'm still getting hit with a lot of "insufficient privileges". Because I miss the hell out of that Giant Bomb thread, and someone should make another one. I don't see why it's not allowed. Someone said something mean one time? So now no one is ever allowed to discuss the goings on of an incredibly popular video game website again...on a forum...specifically created to talk about video games? Am I missing anything?

SpiceRacz

Got around to listening to the 2nd and 3rd episodes of Fire Escape. Good stuff so far.

Also, the Bombcast has been surprisingly great so far since the departures. Maybe I didn't realize how withdrawn Brad was, but it's the first time I've genuinely enoyed listening since pre-pandemic.

Thaedolus

So how are you guys liking Fire Escape? I find myself mostly bored by how aimless it feels, and turned off by the amount of trips down memory lane they got on. I think Dan is much better in his element of just coming up with whacky shit on streams.

Top Bottom