• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dan Ryckert |OT|

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
So how are you guys liking Fire Escape? I find myself mostly bored by how aimless it feels, and turned off by the amount of trips down memory lane they got on. I think Dan is much better in his element of just coming up with whacky shit on streams.
Yeah, I dropped off hard. Same with Nextlander.

TexMex

So how are you guys liking Fire Escape? I find myself mostly bored by how aimless it feels, and turned off by the amount of trips down memory lane they got on. I think Dan is much better in his element of just coming up with whacky shit on streams.

Agreed on all counts. Fire Escape is a total bore. Zero focus and way overlong.

TexMex

Not sure if this works when it's forced like that.

ooooof. That sounds terrible. All of these new “shows” that they’re kicking off in rapid succession are so half baked sounding. How far we’ve come from “Giant Bomb, it’s a website! About video games!” It’s anything but at this point.

bender

What time is it?
I didn't realize Fire Escape was a thing beyond the GOTY stuff. Those are mostly okay though Dan does tend to get on my nerves a bit. While my taste vary a lot from theirs, it did expose me to a few new games (Death's Door, Unpacking, Inscryption).

Last edited:
I still like fire escape but I'll never give them money because I think they're greedy as fuck.

How do you charge $5 a month for 2 ad free podcasts a month and $8 a month for 2 video podcasts a month for your side job and sleep at night?

$2 and $5 would make a lot more sense considering how little content it is.

Thaedolus

Meh, there’s a lot of room between “they don’t put out enough for me to want to pay for it” and “I’ll never give them money because I think they’re greedy as fuck.”

But I hardly listen to the free version so 🤷🏼‍♂️

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
How is he for giant bomb? really haven't followed the site in years, just catch jeffs solo podcast now and then now.
He streams on Twitch a couple times a week (longer one of Friday nights)
Not so much on YouTube on his own.
He also streams with Giant Bomb a few times a week on Twitch and YouTube

Top Bottom