• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders Genesis ‘exceeded’ Embracer CEO’s expectations.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Darksiders spin-off released for PC and Stadia on December 5, 2019, before arriving on Xbox One, PS4 and Switch on February 14, 2020.

“I think Darksiders Genesis had a solid performance,” Embracer CEO Lars Wingefors said during an earnings presentation on Wednesday.

“It was well received and it has continued to perform also after the release window, so I would say it’s exceeded my own expectations.”

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I drove around for ages the other day looking for a copy. Couldn’t find it. I could find one place that stocked the PS4 version but didn’t stock the Xbox version (argos). Game I hear sold it, but I wouldn’t go anywhere near that shit hole if you paid me.

But we went to two Tesco’s, two ASDA’s, Smyths, Sainsburys and PC World, and nobody even had it on their system, with the exception of pc world, who had a total of 3 games stock for both ps4 and Xbox... not of this games, of ALL games...

So man... I don’t know what’s going on with stock but it’s a bit shit. Yeah I could have gone to game, but why should I pay £10 more for the sake thing and have to listen to some spotty little twat try and sell me another £100 of Tango?

HotPocket69

Banned
Is anyone here playing this? Just downloaded it on my PS4. Bout to fire it up.

Always been a Darksiders fan. 3 was my fav but I have a soft spot for all of em. I’m sure this one will deliver. Lookin forward to that new perspective!

I drove around for ages the other day looking for a copy. Couldn’t find it. I could find one place that stocked the PS4 version but didn’t stock the Xbox version (argos). Game I hear sold it, but I wouldn’t go anywhere near that shit hole if you paid me.

But we went to two Tesco’s, two ASDA’s, Smyths, Sainsburys and PC World, and nobody even had it on their system, with the exception of pc world, who had a total of 3 games stock for both ps4 and Xbox... not of this games, of ALL games...

So man... I don’t know what’s going on with stock but it’s a bit shit. Yeah I could have gone to game, but why should I pay £10 more for the sake thing and have to listen to some spotty little twat try and sell me another £100 of Tango?
A lot of people use this thing called Amazon or eBay. They have good selections.

Where do you live? Shouldn't be that hard to find.

Edit: it's also DRM free on GOG.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Been hooked on it on Xbox. Lots of stuff to it. It’s not a perfect game or even a great game. But it’s a lot of fun. And doing the collectible stuff is cool. Level design is great

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Finally started Darksiders Genesis today and played through the first three chapters. Overall, im enjoying it but the fixed camera is in a bad spot at times and maybe it's just me but it should be slightly faster paced in terms of the movement and combat. With that said, im enjoying the game and hoping that THQ Nordic acquires Airship Syndicate at some point.

One of my favorite franchises. Love how these games were brought back from the dead and are having success. Bring on Darksiders 4.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
A lot of people use this thing called Amazon or eBay. They have good selections.

Where do you live? Shouldn't be that hard to find.

Edit: it's also DRM free on GOG.

Amazon in the Uk is no good if you want the game that afternoon 🤣 Also for some reason, the uk amazon page only lists the ps4 copy, or a French copy of it on Xbox.

It’s all really weird...?

bumpkin

I picked it up for Switch, but haven’t started playing it yet. Truth be told, I grabbed it because I started to hear folks mention it being hard to find, and worried that if I waited for a good sale, I might be SOL.

That said, I hope that the Switch ports of DS1, DS2 and this game do well enough for THQ Nordic to consider bringing 3 to Switch.

Speaking of which, was DS3 running on Unreal Engine or something custom?

dorkimoe

Only thing I hate about genisis is the map I don’t know were I’m at in it lol.
Only way I can tell is the area your in lights up. It’s broken down into little sections. Find a shrine or collectible and then open the map. Gives you an idea of where you are when you’re next to it.

Pejo

I love that for every Darksiders title, the team tries to do something new. Amazing series, so happy to see it perform well.
I get what you're saying, but I still think the only good one has been the first one. I would love more Darksiders Zelda, but I found 3 to be terrible. I kinda wish they'd go back to the original formula honestly.

Top Bottom