• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it wrong for me to anticipate the redpill dudes? Their overly technical self-hatred is beautiful to read. That dude who wanted to have surgery to literally cut off his chin was amazing.

They'll be back, right around the holidays when everyone is coupled up, and they're not.

Chin guy getting absolutely torn to pieces by Evilore before he dropped the ban hammer was one of the best things I ever read on GAF.

gaiages

Banned
Basically any time that people are 'expected' to couple up (holidays, V day) and times when people have too much free time and are lonely (summer, winter break because seasonal depression) is when you'll usually see an uptick of bitter, bitter MRAs that just can't understand why the FEMALEZZZZ ignore them.

artsi

I had a date with this 23 year old girl, later during the date she revealed that she is a police detective and I was pretty surprised as she is so young.

But I think we really clicked, I need to book another date ASAP.

I had a date with this 23 year old girl, later during the date she revealed that she is a police detective and I was pretty surprised as she is so young.

Policework is really stressful which makes the sex better when you get home. I've heard this from two cops.

Sayers

Hey GAF, kind of a manners question for you all.

I met a girl for drinks on Saturday after matching on Tinder. We had a nice time, had some laughs, but I decided it's not something I want to pursue. Do you guys think I should reach out to her and say something and if so, what exactly? Ghosting just seems like incredibly poor form obviously but I don't know any nice way to say, "you're cool but I'm not interested".

Any thoughts?

Fuck fuck fuck super promising date tomorrow and I have this wet cough that won't go away. Anyone know fast way to cure a cough?
What leeness said. Plus try putting a wet cloth over your head and running steaming hot water from the sink with your head in there for a while. Take some deep ass breaths in your mouth and nose and it will loosen that shit up and then blow the shit out of your nose and hack that shit out of your chest. Itll clear you up for a while.

I met a girl for drinks on Saturday after matching on Tinder. We had a nice time, had some laughs, but I decided it's not something I want to pursue. Do you guys think I should reach out to her and say something and if so, what exactly? Ghosting just seems like incredibly poor form obviously but I don't know any nice way to say, "you're cool but I'm not interested".

Any thoughts?

If she says something, tell her how you feel. No need to address someone firsthand just to reject her straight away.

Llyranor

Any thoughts?
Just say you had a nice time but didn't feel any sparks. +/- wish her luck.

Then BLOCK in case she's a psycho.

Salamando

Any thoughts?
There's a decent enough chance she noticed a lack of chemistry too and doesn't intend on messaging you. Consider that a mutual fade. If she does message you, tell her you didn't feel any spark.

Any thoughts?
I went on a date with this one girl about a month ago. We had a good time over some drinks and ended up hooking up. The next day she texted me saying that she really had fun but wasnt really interested in pursuing it any farther.

I kinda felt used but I appreciated the honesty. I dont mind being used for those reasons tho.

artsi

Goddamnit, she was a fast mover and asked me for lunch tomorrow already. Manly honor ruined.

759.gif

Bruh.

I thought it took a bachelor's, time as a cop, and then passing the detective's exam? I guess it's plausible, but it seems excessively on the young side. But who knows? Maybe she's the next Olivia Benson.

Next time you hang out grab her and turn her around holding her hands behind her back and when shes like "what are you doing!?" Be like "im placing you under citizens arrest!" And when shes like "haha what for?" whisper in her ear "for stealing my heart"

On my end, I'm like... 4 for 4 with clicking with my friend's female friends. Crazy, unexpected night. Sadly, this one turned out to be married (at like, 24 or something), but hey, she's getting divorced! She gave me her number anyway, and I think we're all headed to a concert next weekend with this semi-random Indian guy I found.

I also got roped into a double date with a law school buddy, the girl he's dating, and their super fine Brazilian friend.

What could go wrong?

Next time you hang out grab her and turn her around holding her hands behind her back and when shes like "what are you doing!?" Be like "im placing you under citizens arrest!" And when shes like "haha what for?" whisper in her ear "for stealing my heart"
2lc4FXC.gif

Although if she does have cuffs, that could be fun ;)

artsi

Bruh.

I thought it took a bachelor's, time as a cop, and then passing the detective's exam? I guess it's plausible, but it seems excessively on the young side. But who knows? Maybe she's the next Olivia Benson.

I'm in Europe, here once you graduate it's all the same if you want a "desk job" solving small crimes or wear the uniform and pick up drunkards from the street.

I guess if you want to work homicide or larger crimes you need more experience.

But yeah, she's young as for many people it takes years to even get into the academy, she passed on the first try.

Ralemont

not me

Any thoughts?

Ghosting is when someone reaches out and the other just doesn't respond. If nobody reaches out after a date that's totally normal.

becuse she's not already tired of Police based pick up puns already.

Ernest

Banned
Had a sitcom moment while on a date the other day.

As I walked her to her car after our meal, a guy gets out of his car, about 4 car stall down, and yells "hello there", and I'm like, well, that guy's friendly, but the girl I was with turned bright red and said, "he's an ex-boyfriend", and she's all "he's not walking towards us is he?", and I say, "no, he's going the other way", which relieved her a bit. I had to say, "man that must suck, but don't sweat it". I tried to put myself in her shoes, and I was all, yeah, that would've sucked. Thankfully, when it was obvious he was gone, she laughed at the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom