• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to Boston for the weekend. Gonna watch mah boys tear up some Kansas City ass.

And then head down to martha's vineyard.

Gonna be a good weekend

Lulubop

R65tIc.gif

Finally about to get back in the mix, full power.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Welp, earlier today broke up with a girl I've been seeing for four months. I was initially happy since it wasn't working out, but now I kind of feel like a heel. She was the kind of person who was so sweet she'd make your teeth rot. You couldn't get mad at her if you tried. She's the kind of person if you spilled soda on her, she'd be the one who apologizes for getting in your way. She was always so attentive like a little puppy, she'd always respond within seconds to my texts (sometimes to the point of creeping me out) but always respected my personal space and never once complained whenever our dates were cut short. I'd always feel bad when she'd ask if we could hang out on the weekends only to have me tell her I was busy (which wasn't always a lie) and then seeing her sad but accepting.

Ugh. I knew this wasn't going to be easy, but I also didn't think I'd be this bothered by it either. Hell, I'm even somewhat choking up too. :(

Welp, earlier today broke up with a girl I've been seeing for four months. I was initially happy since it wasn't working out, but now I kind of feel like a heel. She was the kind of person who was so sweet she'd make your teeth rot. You couldn't get mad at her if you tried. She's the kind of person if you spilled soda on her, she'd be the one who apologizes for getting in your way. She was always so attentive like a little puppy, she'd always respond within seconds to my texts (sometimes to the point of creeping me out) but always respected my personal space and never once complained whenever our dates were cut short. I'd always feel bad when she'd ask if we could hang out on the weekends only to have me tell her I was busy (which wasn't always a lie) and then seeing her sad but accepting.

Ugh. I knew this wasn't going to be easy, but I also didn't think I'd be this bothered by it either. :(
How'd she take it?

artsi

We broke up over text. It wasn't a long conversation, but she seemed sad, but understanding. We seemingly ended it on good terms. At least, that's what it appears on the surface.

You dated her for 4 months and broke up over text, why?

So why did you break it off if she was so great. The bad clearly outweighed all those things, just remember that.

Bet it had to do with lack of attraction, despite all the good things.

Shame on you, at the bare minimum it should have been a voice call.

You dated her for 4 months and broke up over text, why?

Poor form.

While true, does it really matter? If he will never date or be anywhere near her again, why is it a big deal how he decides to break up with her? I mean, the end result is likely a burned bridge no matter what.

jeremy1456

I was like a lot of GAF over the previous years of my life. Single, and sucked at dating.

I'm moving in with my girlfriend this Saturday however. Sooner than we expected but I got the first excellent job I applied for so..

Neighbour is over at my place. We went to trivia night at the bar downstairs. Tied for last place. I think this will work out. Attracted to her for sure but friends is good.

We are going to Boston for the weekend. Gonna watch mah boys tear up some Kansas City ass.

And then head down to martha's vineyard.

Gonna be a good weekend

I thought you were broke?
R65tIc.gif

Finally about to get back in the mix, full power.
Go for it bro - I'm living vicariously through all of you now
Welp, earlier today broke up with a girl I've been seeing for four months. I was initially happy since it wasn't working out, but now I kind of feel like a heel. She was the kind of person who was so sweet she'd make your teeth rot. You couldn't get mad at her if you tried. She's the kind of person if you spilled soda on her, she'd be the one who apologizes for getting in your way. She was always so attentive like a little puppy, she'd always respond within seconds to my texts (sometimes to the point of creeping me out) (
The way you talk about her is slightly creepy

Xun

Still no luck with Tinder... 😥

Maybe the algorithm is partly to blame? Either way it's not good for my confidence at the moment.

To go from 20ish matches a day a few months ago to this is a bit shit.

Shame on you, at the bare minimum it should have been a voice call.
Pretty much.

I know me and the Romanian girl weren't official, but considering we'd known each other for over 3 months I deserved better than a text (even if she was back home in Romania when she ended it).

I was like a lot of GAF over the previous years of my life. Single, and sucked at dating.

I'm moving in with my girlfriend this Saturday however. Sooner than we expected but I got the first excellent job I applied for so..
Congrats.

Mediking

Just gonna say that a closed mouth never gets fed so go for it.

And wearing appealing clothes with a nice smile goes a long way.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Okay, I felt like shit for the whole day, so I went ahead and called her. We spoke for an hour and a half and I think we both feel much better about the situation now. It's good too cause i was feeling like shit for the entire day, despite my initial relief.

WolfeTone

I'm vacationing with family right now and I've not had a date for two weeks. I'm kind of anxious to get back to my regular dating life asap. You folks ever feel like you might be addicted to dating?

Side note: I've very much enjoyed reading OT-6 and I'm looking forward to more bizarre stories in OT-7. Dating Age remains GAF's best thread.

artsi

How the hell do people do this? I can only do one person at a time.

1) Talk to girl 1, book date with girl 1
2) Talk to girl 2, book date with girl 2
3) Avoid booking dates on top of each other
4) Arrive to dates on time, have fun

That's about it :p

I got a voicemail once. Bad.

Could be worse, my ex of a year waited until I picked up my car from her place and then sent me the break up message via Snapchat cause she knew I wouldn't see it until I got home as I had no data. Still to this day tells herself she left things on good terms.

Thats brutal!

On the plus side it taught me to never, ever date a narcissist again. You could give that person the world and still would never be enough.

Last I heard she's living out her new 'perfect' relationship on Instagram likes she's some sort of Instagram personality because she's managed to get 1000+ followers from following follow for follow accounts.

I'm so glad I'm not in a relationship that needs that level of outside validation

Guys, I need some first date suggestions.

She likes to learn new things. She's taking art lessons and is planning to learn the piano (which is my domain). Her profile says she likes nature and good food, but I haven't asked anything particular about that. She's into animals. She's been fawning over cute animals all the time.

Basically, I've been looking at cooking/tasting classes, art galleries, zoos, animal shelters. Rounded off with a drink or snack to extend it if needed. I'm not really a sophisticated person, and an inexperienced cook even at the basic level, so I dunno about that. Could backfire unless she's bad at it too.

Any other ideas?

Meet for coffee. If you hit it off, suggest something else low impact. Museum is probably a good idea. But you want to be able to escape after the initial meeting if it's not working out.

Don't put so much thought into a first date!

Ozorov

Still no luck with Tinder... 😥

Maybe the algorithm is partly to blame? Either way it's not good for my confidence at the moment.

To go from 20ish matches a day a few months ago to this is a bit shit.

Congrats.

Have you tried to delete your account and make a "new" one?

Even if its been a couple weeks i try and call and talk it out. Only time that hasnt happened was when the girl fades away because of school after that.

I have a goal of 2-4 weeks with no accounts on any dating apps. Going to finally try and make this being single and not dating too much stick.

Guys, I need some first date suggestions.

She likes to learn new things. She's taking art lessons and is planning to learn the piano (which is my domain). Her profile says she likes nature and good food, but I haven't asked anything particular about that. She's into animals. She's been fawning over cute animals all the time.

Basically, I've been looking at cooking/tasting classes, art galleries, zoos, animal shelters. Rounded off with a drink or snack to extend it if needed. I'm not really a sophisticated person, and an inexperienced cook even at the basic level, so I dunno about that. Could backfire unless she's bad at it too.

Any other ideas?

This is the first time meeting them? Coffee. Maybe a VERY light dinner or even lunch. Keep it casual. Keep it cheap. Save the activity date for date 2.

For all the hate coffee dates get, it's reliable. Think of the first date frim an online datin app as "date 0". You're essentially vetting them. And they're vetting you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom