• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating-Age |OT5| Halp me pls. In the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az987

all good things
What do I do if I had a great date with someone but it's like me chasing her, afterwards? Am I supposed to play it cool and let her come to me?

So the date was good, we had thai food, decided to hang out more so we went to the mall for coffee, we cracked jokes, she teased me in that I like you kind of way, and eventually we made our way to a park where we made out pretty heavily for like a couple of hours. She even did my lip bite move to me.

It got pretty hot and heavy and I know she was into me but when I texted her the next day and said do you want to go out again next week she sent back "probs :)". So that was friday. We talked a little Saturday, a little Sunday and now I'm like ugh, do I just back off and let her come to me?

Ive always been the one pursuing though and she told me she only really talks to one guy at a time so she doesn't go overboard when I asked why she took her pictures off her dating profile and they're still off.

I really have no idea how to play it cool.

gaiages

Banned
What's with the dollar sign in OT$6 ?

The parking fee was $6 and it was a very big deal that someone had to pay it :p

I would go find the quote if I wasn't on mobile.

The Jason references seem too specific and topical.

Dating-Age |OT6| Just ask her out already.

I'm definitely putting the dollar sign in cuz it's funny and subtle, but yeah I feel like going all the way with the thread OT making fun of Jason would just be mean.

Imagine a thread making fun of you popping into the first page once or twice a day FOR YEARS

Jokab

What do I do if I had a great date with someone but it's like me chasing her, afterwards? Am I supposed to play it cool and let her come to me?

So the date was good, we had thai food, decided to hang out more so we went to the mall for coffee, we cracked jokes, she teased me in that I like you kind of way, and eventually we made our way to a park where we made out pretty heavily for like a couple of hours. She even did my lip bite move to me.

It got pretty hot and heavy and I know she was into me but when I texted her the next day and said do you want to go out again next week she sent back "probs :)". So that was friday. We talked a little Saturday, a little Sunday and now I'm like ugh, do I just back off and let her come to me?

Ive always been the one pursuing though and she told me she only really talks to one guy at a time so she doesn't go overboard when I asked why she took her pictures off her dating profile and they're still off.

I really have no idea how to play it cool.

Playing it cool: don't text her too much. Just maybe once a day tops, and then just go very simple like "drinks on day X at time Y?" or whatever your plan for a date is. In the beginning you don't wanna come on too strong, so just keep your fingers off your phone and chill a bit, then ask her out again. Don't resort to letting her come to you, it might never happen even if she's super into you.

n64coder

I'm definitely putting the dollar sign in cuz it's funny and subtle, but yeah I feel like going all the way with the thread OT making fun of Jason would just be mean.

Imagine a thread making fun of you popping into the first page once or twice a day FOR YEARS

Good point that I didn't think of.

Leeness

Since the thread is getting locked down anyway... A short greatest hits of the last couple months of POF, for your viewing pleasure and amusement. :)

Knocks on feminism, my boobs, the implication that I am a prostitute. Good fun.

Ofabm3y.jpg

P.S. The last one is a man with the same name and who is the SAME AGE as my daddy. :)

Kurtofan

I had a poor date with someone and I've been essentially ghosted, though I still have their number? Is it wrong to give it a shot? They have deleted their account, I was about to send a second reply (after the first that they didn't answer) and it crushed me a bit.

SeanC

I had a poor date with someone and I've been essentially ghosted, though I still have their number? Is it wrong to give it a shot? They have deleted their account, I was about to send a second reply (after the first that they didn't answer) and it crushed me a bit.

Don't put yourself through it, gonna have to let that one go.

Salamando

Since the thread is getting locked down anyway... A short greatest hits of the last couple months of POF, for your viewing pleasure and amusement. :)

P.S. The last one is a man with the same name and who is the SAME AGE as my daddy. :)

Gotta ask, which is more disappointing to you - your "success" with PoF, or that the Disneyland Tower of Terror is getting rethemed to Guardians of the Galaxy?

Az987

all good things
Playing it cool: don't text her too much. Just maybe once a day tops, and then just go very simple like "drinks on day X at time Y?" or whatever your plan for a date is. In the beginning you don't wanna come on too strong, so just keep your fingers off your phone and chill a bit, then ask her out again. Don't resort to letting her come to you, it might never happen even if she's super into you.

Thanks that sounds about right and what I was looking for. Appreciate it.

Clay, I'm afraid you misread my advice. I did not suggest allowing her to respond since there was no point after the rejection.

I understand why you feel exasperated by this encounter, but look at it in another way; you are absolutely sure you dodged a bullet now. I understand feeling down about this for now, but hopefully you will rebound and move past this.

You're absolutely right, I should have blocked her as soon as I sent the message or just not bothered replying.

I spent the afternoon with a friend who wasn't having any of me wallowing in self pity so she helped me set up a account on Coffee meet Bagel. Does anyone here use it? What are you experiences?

From what I've seen, you have to pay to like someone, but you get a healthy amount of currency when you sign up, I don't know how long that will last or what happens when you like someone, do they have to pay to see you liked them or the payment one way? There's a daily bagel too but that was empty today. Looks good from what I've used of it so far.

Dude, what the hell. You know the answer. Knock off this nonsense. They ghosted you, they don't want you. You gotta move on. You didn't even have a good date!

You're absolutely right, I should have blocked her as soon as I sent the message or just not bothered replying.

I spent the afternoon with a friend who wasn't having any of me wallowing in self pity so she helped me set up a account on Coffee meet Bagel. Does anyone here use it? What are you experiences?

From what I've seen, you have to pay to like someone, but you get a healthy amount of currency when you sign up, I don't know how long that will last or what happens when you like someone, do they have to pay to see you liked them or the payment one way? There's a daily bagel too but that was empty today. Looks good from what I've used of it so far.

Why are you so emotionally invested in someone you never met, who acted crazy? That person should not be affecting you this much.

CmB is great.

Why are you so emotionally invested in someone you never met, who acted crazy? That person should not be affecting you this much.

CmB is great.

That's exactly what my friend said too and you're both absolutely right. I don't know why it hit me as hard it did, I'd normally brush it off but I think it coming so soon after the breakup gave it more of an impact.

Thank you again! Looking at the prices, buying bagels is pretty expensive. Is the daily bagel a free or discounted option?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

This is standard for women it seems to me :/

Although the guy isn't saying you are a prostitute. He is just saying that your boobs are so good the rest of you could still be total shit but he's still all in. It isn't much of an improvement, mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom