• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Chappelle: Sticks and Stones | Out Now on Netflix

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
When I watched, Mindhunter was top billing and Chappelle was underneath.

Had to search for it, even under new releases it was way behind ones that released a week or two ago.

Starting to hide it a little bit me thinks.

I loved every second of this special, and it was definitely something sorely needed. And what is amazing about it, is if this was done 10+ years ago, it would have just been par for the course of how he’s always been (how our culture and society was), but the mere fact that our culture shifted so rapidly, this is standing out and firing people up again; something always there and much needed to come out in people.

In dire times of society, we turn to comedy. But not everyone is up for the task to carry that culture on his back. Dave is a man that is.

Last edited:
Watched last night. I laughed through the entire set. Man, Chappelle is GOAT. I think he just unseated the ruling king of comedy, Richard Pryor, for me.

Last edited:

EDMIX

He never disappoints. Those getting triggered, its like....the man does comedy, his goal is to make you laugh and many times think. Many making it seem as if he lost something, on the contrary, that dude is BANKING! Netflix likely paid him over 60 million for this next round of specials.

dan76

I thought it was fantastic. He still up there, maybe even getting better? His recent Netflix specials are all gold. Loved every minute, but man he pushes it hard at the start. After watching the epilogue how can anyone be triggered?

Nymphae

Banned
Kind of interesting

I haven't seen the special. I like Dave generally, although I did watch one of the last specials and I thought it was pretty mediocre for what I expect from him. As for this video, I think there is some obvious differences there and it's clearly not outright joke theft, but these are similar enough that it does make me wonder. And to be honest, Dave's delivery seems a little off, I quite like how Owen tells it though.

Kind of interesting

I haven't seen the special. I like Dave generally, although I did watch one of the last specials and I thought it was pretty mediocre for what I expect from him. As for this video, I think there is some obvious differences there and it's clearly not outright joke theft, but these are similar enough that it does make me wonder. And to be honest, Dave's delivery seems a little off, I quite like how Owen tells it though.

The LGBTQ routine by Chappelle is wayyyy better than Owen's by a mile, both delivery and content. Sucks that you didn't enjoy the special, I thought it was really good.

autoduelist

First half was excellent, second half faltered a bit but was still great. I think i just enjoyed the unbridled offensiveness of the first half, and the second half felt more measured.

I swear i heard the standards and practices joke before. Still, funny as hell.

Made me feel real bad for Kevin Hart. Maybe when intersectionalism dies they can ask Hart to host again, and either he says yes and tells offensive jokes, or he tells them to fuck off.

Papa

Banned
First half was excellent, second half faltered a bit but was still great. I think i just enjoyed the unbridled offensiveness of the first half, and the second half felt more measured.

I swear i heard the standards and practices joke before. Still, funny as hell.

Made me feel real bad for Kevin Hart. Maybe when intersectionalism dies they can ask Hart to host again, and either he says yes and tells offensive jokes, or he tells them to fuck off.

Second half was worth it for the Juicy Smolyea bit.

D

Deleted member 762073

Unconfirmed Member
It wasn't bad, but theere were provocations only.

He gave has deep preaching in previous specials, here he was just firing jokes.

It was fine, but he got me accustomed to much better

JCK75

I really enjoyed his other specials but this one just completely owned everything else, god that was amazing.

D

Deleted member 762073

Unconfirmed Member

How do I edit a comment in this forum? Just realised that I wrote like a monkey this afternoon

Nymphae

Banned
How do I edit a comment in this forum? Just realised that I wrote like a monkey this afternoon

Should be an edit button on the bottom of your posts, unless new members can't edit their own posts? Been a while since my account was new, not sure.

AyqRosq.png

Right there next to "Report"

Last edited:
I was expecting more to be honest. But i laughed a couple of times.
This was Dave's first special i've ever watched. And that was only due to the supposed outrage. I might watch the other ones now.

Darth

Literally just saw this lol

LOL, another ban for somebody simply enjoying the show. Freaking hilarious at how pathetic the moderation is. I can only imagine the previous severe ban about racism was probably something like choosing vanilla Starbucks drink over a darker colored mocha drink:

User Banned (Duration Pending): Drive-By Trolling in a Sensitive Thread; Prior Severe Ban for Racism
Well damn I thought it was really funny. Hope Netflix and Dave do more specials.

D

Deleted member 762073

Unconfirmed Member
"account perma BANNED for using racist word in non-racist context" [signed: resetEra Mod bot]
Lol, I forgot how American Centric Era can be.

Sorry for the monkey, I forgot that in english has racial connotation, thank god we are not on Era.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
im finally watching this. it's great. lol his impression of the founding fathers writing the constitution. then he goes right into SJWs. lol. he's had it w the bullshit.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I've got a long plane ride coming up, so I'm looking forward to downloading this for offline viewing and watching it then. Dave is probably my favorite comedian ever.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
finished this whole thing. was a trip. he really pretty much just rants about all of it. loved the part about "Juicy". well done. also it's clear he doesn't give a shit anymore.
damn hah i've ready a number of articles about this, all of them bitching endlessly, and none of them actually described the amount of jokes included in this one. this one actually describes the best parts of his set!

my two favorite jokes were: the one where he is taken to standards and practices and is told he can't use the f word but the n word is ok. and the one where he says if a woman can kill a child, he should be able to abandon it "My money my choice"

Last edited:
I think the best joke had to be the Standards and Practices part - “Well Renee...”
my two favorite jokes were: the one where he is taken to standards and practices and is told he can't use the f word but the n word is ok. and the one where he says if a woman can kill a child, he should be able to abandon it "My money my choice"

I do love a good standards and practices joke.

Watched the the entire special and Epilogue as well. Daphne said it best to Dave, the best representation to give for Trans is telling jokes about them. I say, she's really sweet and have more of a backbone than the heckler that tried to ruin his night regarding the jokes about the #metoo movement

Top Bottom