• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Arquette Wants a ‘Scream’ Video Game from Supermassive

Would you like a Scream Game by Supermassive Games?

• Yes, sounds like a fantastic idea!

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Nah, don't really care for it.

Votes: 12 18.8%

• Total voters

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
scr17142r.jpg

David Arquette stars in the brand new horror game The Quarry from Supermassive Games (available TODAY!), making 2022 a huge year for the actor on the horror front. Arquette kicked off the year by reprising the role of Dewey Riley in the new Scream movie, and if Arquette has his way, he’ll be back as Dewey one more time down the road in a Scream video game.

ComicBook.com just asked Arquette this week if he’d be interested in a Scream video game from Supermassive Games, and Arquette expressed excitement about the idea.

Absolutely! I think they could pull it off really easily in a wonderful way,” said Arquette. “Even just re-shooting some stuff. It’s literally like, if you scan some people in there, you can do different versions of different movies and you could do all kinds of stuff.”

Arquette continues in the chat about the potential project, “It would be a wonderful experience. I would love that! Ghostface is already in that world, so it’s not that hard.”

Ghostface has indeed crossed over into the world of video games in recent years, appearing in both Dead by Daylight and a bit more surprisingly, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.

Could a full-on Scream video game be next? Here’s hoping…
thequarry-1.jpg

Source

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Nah I'm good

"Hey let's make a less than mediocre "game" with jank controls, awful writing, pacing. Etc based on a shitty movie franchise!!!!

Simpletons will buy it by the numbers!

Last edited:
Give it to Gun, the makers of the Friday the 13th and upcoming Texas Chainsaw Massacre games:

Please not an asymmetrical MP game. I enjoy them don't get me wrong, but the whole thing with Scream is the added murder mystery. If the people who did a way out and it takes two did it, my God I'm there.

TGO

It’d be great to play a murder-mystery game.
Multiple killers to throw you off even when you play as one.
It would be cool if it kept changing with each play through.
Imagine the phone calls and getting quizzed on the spot, failure to answer makes it harder and harder to survive the encounter.
Of course it you get them all wrong ya pretty much fucked.

Last edited:
It would be cool if it kept changing with each play through.
Imagine the phone calls and getting quizzed on the spot, failure to answer makes it harder and harder to survive the encounter.
Of course it you get them all wrong ya pretty much fucked.
That's why the internet is awesome. With updates the roster could be ridiculous.

Scream movies have "rules," so your decisions will no longer matter. If you are a "blonde," whether you take a left for the front door or run upstairs to hide, you will trip immediately after your decision and get caught by the killer.
Scream movies don't have rules, the horror movies and pop culture moments they satire have the rules. It would probably be more puzzle like depending on your character. But how would we uncover who the killer is?

CitizenZ

Banned
Well it does, it could go damn near anywhere. It's an idea not a rare painting. Plus I really think a murder mystery clock tower type game could work.

To quote Chris Rock, "New Pussy or Old Pussy?" Some like the same shit over and over, I dont. But choice it's a beautiful thing.

To quote Chris Rock, "New Pussy or Old Pussy?" Some like the same shit over and over, I dont. But choice it's a beautiful thing.
Wouldn't this count as new pussy though? That's why I was saying get the No Way Out guy. Seems fresh and new, especially with no prior scream games.

CitizenZ

Banned
Wouldn't this count as new pussy though? That's why I was saying get the No Way Out guy. Seems fresh and new, especially with no prior scream games.

Im old so there isnt much that i havent seen thats original in the last 20 yrs but thats me. Maybe its new to you.

Im old so there isnt much that i havent seen thats original in the last 20 yrs but thats me. Maybe its new to you.
Bro, let's not compare whose balls are closer to the ground lol. The murder mystery co-op game would be new, the ip is from the 90s. I've seen if not as much way more in the past 20 years.

ACESHIGH

Banned
You'll scream at the game unoptimization from Supermassive... It's a good idea if they can improve on the technical side. I'd even double down with a Scary Movie game. Looking forward to some Shorty gameplay.

Last edited:

TGO

You think they'd get the comedy part?
Well that applies to Scream too.
The film's never took themselves seriously and continually mock the horror genre while actually committing the horror tropes minutes later and Dewey & Randy was always comedy relief.
Something that was a little lite in the 2022 Scream.

"Do you like scary games?"

Yeah, we're long overdue for this and in competent hands would be a lot of fun. Wonder if they could get Neve Campbell for it?

Well that applies to Scream too.
The film's never took themselves seriously and continually mock the horror genre while actually committing the horror tropes minutes later and Dewey & Randy was always comedy relief.
Something that was a little lite in the 2022 Scream.
Scream was a satire while Scary Movie was a straight up parody. I don't think Scream was mocking as much pointing out tropes, while still being a good slasher flick. Remember it only dealt with slasher flicks, not horror as a whole.

Last edited:
Reactions: TGO
All this thread did was make me think about 2 better horror satire films that might make equal or better games. Tucker and Dale vs Evil and The Cabin in the Woods. Gun would work for cabin, and Hazeligh for Tucker.

TidusYuna

Scream movies don't have rules, the horror movies and pop culture moments they satire have the rules. It would probably be more puzzle like depending on your character. But how would we uncover who the killer is?

First thing we should do is we should all split up, we can search the whole mansion and cover more ground quicker that way.

alley oop

Last edited:

kunonabi

If it was actual satire of horror games I'd be down. Like you get a character bitching about tank controls only to be put in a chase with fixed camera angles and 2D controls and they end up getting wrecked because their controls keep them ping ponging from one screen to another.

Big horror fan from the 70s/80s and always thought Scream looked wack.
Naw, it was a decent slasher flick. I wasn't the biggest fan initially, mostly because I felt it disrespected the genre. Over the years it has grown on me, but better satires of the genre have been made. Namely The Cabin in the Woods.

No thanks. Scream 5 was nothing but a pale imitation without Wes Craven. A videogame wouldn't be much better

Last edited:
No thanks. Scream 5 was nothing but a pale imitation without Wes Craven. A videogame wouldn't be much better
Ah yes, the same Wes Craven that gave us Sre4m. As much as I love his early work, he hadn't made a good move in at least a decade before he past. And Scream was really the only reason he still had a career, because before that, boy o boy

Last edited:
Top Bottom