• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Jaffe claims he rejected $100m Tencent deal ‘because I want nothing to do with them’

I respect it if true. I got a sneaky feeling he is lying and it might destroy him though. Well see. The "receipt" he showed is pretty much what a person would show if it's a lie.

Just curious.. where did you encounter racism in Europe/Sweden(?) worse than what you see in "detroit"-black or "south"-white America? I see the usual racism(we hate our nabour), I also see the sporting "rasism" (england/French, Scandinavian x Scandinavian) and the general rasism towards illegal immigrants, but beyond that? Neo-fascism in parts of central/Eastern Europe?
America is a melting pot with all kinds of people everywhere. Even if a small group is racist, you will easily find people who support you or are “like you”. Texas, considered racist by many, has one of the most diverse populations in the world, I just never felt any systemic rascism here since no one here looks the same.

Europe on the other hand is less diverse, and the movement of people I saw there seemed more faction like. I would get looks from people in Germany, Czech Republic, Poland and since there aren’t many of my ethnicity around, I had a more tense feeling walking around as it was just “me”versus “all of them”. It would probably feel similar if you were a minority living in Japan. Spain was fine, I blended in well there, but me and my group of minority friends did uncecessarily get stopped at a train station by security. UK is basically like the U.S. Most of Europe, in my opinion, is not considered racist simply because they don’t have a large minority population in the first place compared to America. As minority population is increasing, you’re seeing the rise of far right/anti immigrant parties throughout.

I haven’t visited Sweden but have been reading about the Quran burnings there and the rise of an anti Muslim party. To me, against Islam or not, burning a book is completely unnecessary (what is Sweden, the modern Farenheight 451?) and of course such an action would provoke a response from people who are passionate about the religion

anothertech

Really? Maybe learn your history?
What are the Russians upto that the USA hasn't already done many times?
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I know that Americans do not like other people pointing something bad of their country... but History is a really big obvious indicative that USA, China and Russia have more things in common that people do want to realise/acknowledge.
Fuck Commies

Tell us how you really feel

Zeroing

Banned
So, you’re claiming that America has summarily executed hundreds, if not thousands of innocent people in a war zone. They have repeatedly raped and burned women and children. They have deliberately targeted hospitals and other civilian locations. They’ve buried victims in mass graves. They have repeatedly hidden evidence of war crimes committed on hundreds of people. You’re saying the US has actively engaged in deliberate genocide.

Wow. You’d best have evidence of these claims, otherwise you’d be massive, dumb cunts. But I’m sure you’re not and are about to post evidence to back up your claims that America is as bad as Russia……
I wasn’t even thinking about that, i said America has more things in common with Russia and China than people want to realize.

I was thinking about in the past how USA take out elected presidents from other countries and putting dictators in their place who done many atrocities.

I was also thinking how until the 1950s a part of Americans had rules that prevented minorities to even be in the same place as other Americans.

How the media is on constant bias and putting fear in the citizens.

Or how America invaded a country while inventing reasons to do so!

USA or China or Russia can destabilize the world with their actions!

I wasn’t saying USA are worse or as bad i am saying they all have things in common! Also Russia can keep doing this because they aren’t a small country and they have atomic bombs. All this war would had ended long time ago.

FunkMiller

I wasn’t even thinking about that, i said America has more things in common with Russia and China than people want to realize.

I was thinking about in the past how USA take out elected presidents from other countries and putting dictators in their place who done many atrocities.

I was also thinking how until the 1950s a part of Americans had rules that prevented minorities to even be in the same place as other Americans.

How the media is on constant bias and putting fear in the citizens.

Or how America invaded a country while inventing reasons to do so!

USA or China or Russia can destabilize the world with their actions!

I wasn’t saying USA are worse or as bad i am saying they all have things in common! Also Russia can keep doing this because they aren’t a small country and they have atomic bombs. All this war would had ended long time ago.

You literally posted a GIF that showed you agreed with what the other guy said, which was this:

"What are the Russians upto that the USA hasn't already done many times?"

...so no point posting all this trying to backtrack. Either you actually do believe that the US is as bad as Russia, but are backpedalling so you don't look like a complete idiot, or you just don't read posts properly before commenting, which still makes you look like a complete idiot.

Some of you are just so desperate to remind everyone of the US's mistakes over the years, that you make these ill-thought out comments that bear no relation to the actual facts.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
You literally posted a GIF that showed you agreed with what the other guy said, which was this:

...so no point posting all this trying to backtrack. Either you actually do believe that the US is as bad as Russia, but are backpedalling so you don't look like a complete idiot, or you just don't read posts properly before commenting, which still makes you look like a complete idiot.

Some of you are just so desperate to remind everyone of the US's mistakes over the years, that you make these ill-thought out comments that bear no relation to the actual facts.
And if you look at history! He is right! They teach history in USA right?

I am not desperate to point out any “mistakes” there’s not a perfect country and doesn’t exist the best one… unlike some people try really hard to believe!

I know how this works. I have American friends. Good blessed America and anyone who thinks USA is not perfect is a communist!

Have fun! You “won”

odhiex

Waiiit... so the ($100 mil) offer was not directly from Tencent? It's just a pre-talk of interest with some guy?

FunkMiller

And if you look at history! He is right! They teach history in USA right?

I am not desperate to point out any “mistakes” there’s not a perfect country and doesn’t exist the best one… unlike some people try really hard to believe!

I know how this works. I have American friends. Good blessed America and anyone who thinks USA is not perfect is a communist!

Have fun! You “won”

No. He is not right. At all. The United States has never engaged in the kinds of war atrocities that Russia is currently committing in Ukraine. Yes, the US has made mistakes, but to even begin to claim that they have been responsible for the kind of hate and destruction the fucking orcs are carrying out is deeply insulting to the service men and women of America.

And I'm not American. I'm British/Australian.

Funnily enough though, it is possible to have a sensible opinion on America's foreign policy failings if you're outside the USA.

It's also quite possible, and very easy, to criticise stupid people when they try to equate the actions of the US with the actions of Russia.

Last edited:

BabyYoda

Banned
Respect for bringing up the Uyghur at least. They have no voice in the media.
I hear about them all the time in the media (and rightfully so), on the other hand, I never hear about all of many more Christians that have been persecuted and martyred since the Communists came into power.

Christians are by far the most persecuted group in the world and have been for most of their 2000 year history and the media couldn't care less, but whatevs...

ethomaz

Banned

There is basically no difference of what Russia is doing with Ukrainian and what US did to others countries in the past.

And Man you talk about like US never killed innocents in war… suck bullshit… all places US troops entered had tons of innocents dying…. Japan, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Iraq, Libyan, Syria etc etc etc.

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member
I dont understand why hes willing to talk down to those guys, thought he knew some of them.
They got into bed with the CCP. They should become rejects from democratic society.

But, like as stated in that email, that's not how the world works.

Tams

Gold Member
There is basically no difference of what Russia is doing with Ukrainian and what US did to others countries in the past.

And Man you talk about like US never killed innocents in war… suck bullshit… all places US troops entered had tons of innocents dying…. Japan, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Iraq, Libyan, Syria etc etc etc.
The scale, intensity, and just shear evilness of what Russia have and are doing in Ukraine is simply not comparable to the relatively little fucked up shit that the US has done.

Reizo Ryuu

America is a melting pot with all kinds of people everywhere.
There was a thread here with a study that showed people in the US get all kinds of percentages completely wrong, including population ethnic diversity; some places in the US can be called a "melting pot", but absolutely not everywhere.

Similarly "Europe" is not some singular homogeneous area, there's many different countries, with many different cultures and many different places that could also be considered "melting pots"; some places in Europe might be more racist than some places in the US, but saying all of Europe is, is just nonsense.

FunkMiller

Please provide proof that the USA has executed hundreds of innocent people, raped, murdered and burned women and children, deliberately targeted hospitals, railway stations and children’s homes, systematically attempted to cover up war crimes, indiscriminately bombed cities with no attempt to prevent collateral damage, lied about humanitarian aid corridors in order to kill more civilians, and committed acts of genocide.

Either provide this proof, or kindly fuck right off.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
The scale, intensity, and just shear evilness of what Russia have and are doing in Ukraine is simply not comparable to the relatively little fucked up shit that the US has done.

Please provide proof that the USA has executed hundreds of innocent people, raped, murdered and burned women and children, deliberately targeted hospitals, railway stations and children’s homes, systematically attempted to cover up war crimes, indiscriminately bombed cities with no attempt to prevent collateral damage, lied about humanitarian aid corridors in order to kill more civilians, and committed acts of genocide.

Good luck saying that to Iraqis. I remember reading years ago that almost a million kids died since the US invasion.

And did you forget Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

Let's not talk about the Native American genocides. I don't think you'll survive.

FunkMiller

Good luck saying that to Iraqis. I remember reading years ago that almost a million kids died since the US invasion.

And did you forget Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

Let's not talk about the Native American genocides. I don't think you'll survive.

Fuck me. The idea that the geo-political situation was the same at the time of the Iraq war, or that what Russia is doing to Ukraine is in any way comparable to the reasons for the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki…

And bringing up the Native Americans, while conveniently not mentioning any of the multiple, far larger genocidal acts historically carried out by Russia down through the centuries.

The stupidity (and utter lack of historical knowledge) is breathtaking.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
I am very excited about the apologies that I JUST KNOW all you doubters will be happy to give me once you see this is 100% true. Believe me or not, but I do not lie.
Quoting for a fresh start.

There is a discussion to be had as far as game budgets for AAA gaming and what some publishers expect. Discuss that going forward, not geopolitical tribal dick swinging.

Thank you.

Reactions: TLZ

The Fartist

Gold Member

1U0E.gif

TLZ

Banned
Fuck me. The idea that the geo-political situation was the same at the time of the Iraq war, or that what Russia is doing to Ukraine is in any way comparable to the reasons for the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki…

And bringing up the Native Americans, while conveniently not mentioning any of the multiple, far larger genocidal acts historically carried out by Russia down through the centuries.

The stupidity (and utter lack of historical knowledge) is breathtaking.
Nice. Resorting to insults is a sure sign of an ignorant.

Well Mister, the truth is out there for everyone to see. Google is your friend. YouTube is your friend. Insulting people here and posting nonsense won't change facts. What Russia's doing is bad. And some of what USA did in the past was bad. Simple as.

TLZ

Banned

There is a discussion to be had as far as game budgets for AAA gaming and what some publishers expect. Discuss that going forward, not geopolitical tribal dick swinging.

Thank you.
Apologies. I just saw your post after replying.

Saucy Papi

So he didn't have a $100M offer. He had an offer to work on a game that had a BUDGET of $100M. Those two things are totally different... And then that "proof" he showed shows nothing at all.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Gotta say, I’d have $100m in the bank if I was given that offer.

The offer was to make a $100m game, not to sell something for $100m. At the highest level you'd maybe get a couple million spread out over a 3-4 year dev cycle putting in 40-50 hour weeks & more during crunch. I could totally buy that Jaffe wouldn't take the money; he seems frankly tired from game development in general. He has stated before that GoW hurt his marriage.

near

Gold Member
I am very excited about the apologies that I JUST KNOW all you doubters will be happy to give me once you see this is 100% true. Believe me or not, but I do not lie.

We all know you didn't create genre defining titles; Twisted Metal, Kinetica and God of War in the space of 10 years, no one would clearly want to fund a triple A project with you at the helm. /s

FunkMiller

Thank you.

Also apologies. Didn’t see prior warning.

Last edited:

trikster40

The offer was to make a $100m game, not to sell something for $100m. At the highest level you'd maybe get a couple million spread out over a 3-4 year dev cycle putting in 40-50 hour weeks & more during crunch. I could totally buy that Jaffe wouldn't take the money; he seems frankly tired from game development in general. He has stated before that GoW hurt his marriage.
Ah, I was thinking they offered him $100m to make a game for them, didn’t think that was the budget for th game.

I’d make a really crappy game and call it a day. Drawn to Death perhaps.

mckmas8808

Banned

Edited. Just saw the warning. Welp!

Last edited:
Top Bottom