• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Jaffe to Phil Spencer: 'You suck...... get some therapy.'

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Here is a recent example from our friend slimysnake thread where he asked how people feel about Xbox in 2022. So mostly negative comments which is understandable due to current situation.

Enter Captain Toad Captain Toad who managed to make the same low effort comment 4 times

gde0sY0.jpg

2n9S3kJ.jpg

PkFOSq5.jpg

NUm4PvC.jpg

But then you have this guy who got immediately banned. Now I understand his comment was to shit on Microsoft, but he was way less trolling than our friend.

aqOCWGu.jpg

So they wither lack clear standards, or have some favoritism towards toad.
There is nothing wrong with any of those Captain Toad Captain Toad posts. You're hurt because it's the truth. Lighten up.

I wonder if persecution complexes and hypocritical blinders are a part of the program?

I notice this place seems to ban especially perms more Sony fans than Xbox ones, but yet somehow, it's never good enough and these warped bias accusations seem to always be in play.

It's fucking weird, man. You're not fooling anyone but yourselves.
They don't seem to be aware how many posts get deleted here and all the thread bans and weird warnings/bans for Sony fans.

The few Sony fans left are constantly walking on eggshells but it's never enough for them. They want an echo chamber of "Best Publisher of 2021" (for ports, multiplats or games that are not even available on Xbox 🤷‍)

Last edited:

anothertech

The thing is it shouldn't matter that starfield or any other game is delayed. There should be a list of High quality content on the slate for 2022 and beyond.

The fact these delays basically leave Xbox with nothing for the next year (maybe Forza) is a huge deal. The "no games" meme is getting quite old but they are not doing anything substantial about it.

IDappa

This thread is madness.. it's going to be interesting to see what Microsoft have lined up this year. I'm certain they will have something. Hopefully they have some surprises and not just forza moto.

I keep hearing this argument of Bias against Xbox users.

Let me remind the green rats that we lost our very own King Byrank to a Perm ban.

I am sorry to say this but the Xbox crew is seeing evil where there is no evil.

this victimhood shizzle really needs to stop.

Now let me get back to reporting DarkMage619 DarkMage619 + @Riky + CatLady CatLady , must thin the herd. "lollipop_disappointed:
I gave you free stuff in Diablo 2 Fishman! I'm a fellow PS5 owner!

I’m not a fan of bans, but baseless slander against members should be reprimanded.

You shouldn’t bother defending yourself against trolls, beneath you.
Its actually beneath me to engage and talk about him.

Jaffe trolls and insult people on YouTube by uploading videos with ckickbait title, he hangs out with gamers like Crap gamer, king thrash, salty gamers who are well known extremist toxic fanboy.

Guy gets no respect from me, sorry. He just made 1 good game. He is one trick pony in my books. I used to have respect for him but now he is just making fool out of himself by constantly engaging in extreme toxic fanboy wars.

Sorry For harsh words but that's my opinion.

Last edited:

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.

Jaffe trolls and insult people on YouTube by uploading videos with ckickbait title, he hangs out with gamers like Crap gamer, king thrash, salty gamers who are well known extremist toxic fanboy.

Guy gets no respect from me, sorry. He just made 1 good game. He is one trick pony in my books. I used to have respect for him but now he is just making fool out of himself by constantly engaging in extreme toxic fanboy wars.

I think you are wrong about your opinion but I defend your right to have it.

The issue I have with you is you're a liar and your lies are about me.

It's clear you don't care and that's fine. But don't try to make this into a subjective opinion issue. You lied, I showed you you lied, so you're a liar. Which- again- you do you. But at least be honest about your dishonesty. Or don't.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Phil Spencer still has not ordered anyone to make Banjo-Threeie, so if the therapy can fix this issue, I am all for it.

So you mean to tell me you never, in your whole life, arrived somewhere late because of unforeseen things happening or miscalculating the time something takes?
Not when it comes to meeting deadlines at work! If I say I'll get something done by X date, I get it done by X date. The problem is that EVERY company underestimates the time it will take. Same thing with building projects. They're never done on the date when the sign in from of the jobsite says. Project managers in most industries are unrealistic.

yamaci17

pretty embarrassing take. been enjoying both forza 5 and halo inf for the last year. they had a good start and earned my respect in the end of 2021. this year seems like it will be a slow. im sure they will pick up

Just recently, King Thrash went full incel on Twitter because some Xbox e-girl had a low gamerscore or something. And I know for a fact that some people here watch his videos. Console warring is weird.

oldergamer

There is nothing wrong with any of those Captain Toad Captain Toad posts. You're hurt because it's the truth. Lighten up.

They don't seem to be aware how many posts get deleted here and all the thread bans and weird warnings/bans for Sony fans.

The few Sony fans left are constantly walking on eggshells but it's never enough for them. They want an echo chamber of "Best Publisher of 2021" (for ports, multiplats or games that are not even available on Xbox 🤷‍)
Sony fans walking on egg shells? Gimme a break man. I've been banned for making a joke (even saying just kidding) from a sony themed thread. I've had random posts deleted because someone disagreed with what I was saying. Sony fans are not the ones walking on egg shells around here

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
What was the criteria for publisher of the year? Diversity, inclusivity, pronouns? Or was it the actual games?
Their metacritic average was higher than Sonys.

Forza - 92
Halo - 86
Psychonauts 2 - 87*

Average = 88.33
*Used the lower XSX score instead of the higher PC score since it got 2x more xsx reviews than PC.

PS5
Ratchet - 88
Returnal - 86
Destruction All Stars - 62
MLB The Show 21 - 78

4 game average = 78.5
3 game average minus MLB = 78.66

Even if Horizon had come out last year, and we removed MLB the Show and Destruction All Stars from the list, they wouldve had a lower Metacritic average.

I personally think all of those games were overrated especially considering they are last gen, but Sony will have released 3 last gen games this year and will undoubtedly coast to an undeserving Best Publisher of the year award like MS. We need to limit Best Publisher awards to publishers who actually took risks and released next gen only games early on in the gen knowing they might not sell well. Reward ambition and innovation instead of safe, formulaic last gen games rooted in PS3 era game design.

Last edited:

yamaci17

i dont see neither innovation nor ambition in ratchet and clank and returnal

i don't think graphical mumbo jumbo and "oh my god i can teleport between worlds in mere milliseconds" as "innovation". most of the ps exclusives stems from the exact same formula yet you call xbox games formulaic. at least those xbox games follow "different" formulas instead of the usual cutscene and mocap riddled tps game with small, prebaked levels. oh, bow too. yeah. bow is gotta be there.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
Forza

Forza - 92
Halo - 86
Psychonauts 2 - 87*

Average = 88.33
*Used the lower XSX score instead of the higher PC score since it got 2x more xsx reviews than PC.

PS5
Ratchet - 88
Returnal - 86
MLB The Show 21 - 78

4 game average = 78.5

Even if Horizon had come out last year, and we removed MLB the Show and Destruction All Stars from the list, they wouldve had a lower Metacritic average.

I personally think all of those games were overrated especially considering they are last gen, but Sony will have released 3 last gen games this year and will undoubtedly coast to an undeserving Best Publisher of the year award like MS. We need to limit Best Publisher awards to publishers who actually took risks and released next gen only games early on in the gen knowing they might not sell well. Reward ambition and innovation instead of safe, formulaic last gen games rooted in PS3 era game design.
We are just at the start of the generation.

How was the ending of previous gen again?

MS struggling on games have been a problem for a generation and a half, while Sony had a steady output until covid.

You can say publisher of the year all you want, but the othwes years MS have been totally absent.

kingfey

Banned
Forza

We are just at the start of the generation.

How was the ending of previous gen again?

MS struggling on games have been a problem for a generation and a half, while Sony had a steady output until covid.

You can say publisher of the year all you want, but the othwes years MS have been totally absent.
Its the events, between the 2 companies.

Sony does their event, whenever they want to. While MS is on e3.

So you get little bit news about the output from MS, while Sony can hype their quarter with their events.

I keep hearing this argument of Bias against Xbox users.

Let me remind the green rats that we lost our very own King Byrank to a Perm ban.

I am sorry to say this but the Xbox crew is seeing evil where there is no evil.

this victimhood shizzle really needs to stop.

Now let me get back to reporting DarkMage619 DarkMage619 + @Riky + CatLady CatLady , must thin the herd. "lollipop_disappointed:
What point are you trying to prove here exactly? At first glance, it appears that you're trying to say that Xbox fans here are playing the victim when that's not the case.

By...

Calling them green rats, which is of course a joke here at Gaf. But was created by a Sony fan who was crying about being temp banned because of his constant console warring. Mind you that while such threads are typically removed or locked, his stayed open for some time afterwards.

You only lost your King Byrank after he was permabanned twice. And his ban problems didn't start until he became dissatisfied with how Jim Ryan was running Playstation. Had he not turned on Jimbo, he might not have been perma banned... Much less twice.

They may be seeing evil where there is none, but Gaf has a history, has a nickname, and both your arguments are flawed at best. If you want "this victimhood shizzle" to stop. You need to make a far more compelling arguement than that.

sircaw

Banned
What point are you trying to prove here exactly? At first glance, it appears that you're trying to say that Xbox fans here are playing the victim when that's not the case.

By...

Calling them green rats, which is of course a joke here at Gaf. But was created by a Sony fan who was crying about being temp banned because of his constant console warring. Mind you that while such threads are typically removed or locked, his stayed open for some time afterwards.

You only lost your King Byrank after he was permabanned twice. And his ban problems didn't start until he became dissatisfied with how Jim Ryan was running Playstation. Had he not turned on Jimbo, he might not have been perma banned... Much less twice.

They may be seeing evil where there is none, but Gaf has a history, has a nickname, and both your arguments are flawed at best. If you want "this victimhood shizzle" to stop. You need to make a far more compelling arguement than that.
Oh, stop it for goodness sake.

You guys are really taking this shit way too far.

You're beginning to sound like one of those people that is offended by JkR version of WOHAM, live a little and stop seeing evil everywhere.

As for certain Xbox fans playing the victim card, they damn well are, the mods are not purposely only targeting xbox people on this form, they are also banning and warning sony people for waring as well.

You're being absurd and disingenuous if you think that the mods are being biased toward one group.

Stop with the victemhood bullshit thanks.

Last edited:

Forza - 92
Halo - 86
Psychonauts 2 - 87*

Average = 88.33

PS5
Ratchet - 88
Returnal - 86
MLB The Show 21 - 78

4 game average = 78.5

Metacritic average means absolutely nothing.

Let's say company A releases one racing game that gets a 93 Metacritic. That's there only game.

Company B also releases a 93 racing game. They also release two 95 games, an 80 and a 70.

Who has the higher average?

Answer: who cares!? Which has more games you want to play? You'll ignore the games you don't want anyway. They aren't lessening the experience with the games you DO play.

And if Microsoft doesn't release a single game in 2022 (they haven't yet and currently have none slated for this year), what is their 2022 Metacritic average? 100? 0?

You contractually obligated to be angry at a fact? It's a perfect response to the folk 'concerned' for MS' business.

You realize Metacritic counted Flight Sim in that score two years in a row right? Does best publisher mean anything when the games aren't played much? I doubt hardly anyone played much of Psychonauts 2 let alone Flight Sim.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
You realize Metacritic counted Flight Sim in that score two years in a row right? Does best publisher mean anything when the games aren't played much? I doubt hardly anyone played much of Psychonauts 2 let alone Flight Sim.

You realize Metacritic counted Death Stranding and Ghost of Tushima 2 years in a row with their next gen upgrades they called Director Cuts, right?

S0ULZB0URNE

Forza - 92
Halo - 86
Psychonauts 2 - 87*

Average = 88.33

PS5
Ratchet - 88
Returnal - 86
MLB The Show 21 - 78

4 game average = 78.5

2021 was a terrible year with nothing brag worthy IMO..

SlimySnake

Metacritic average means absolutely nothing.

Let's say company A releases one racing game that gets a 93 Metacritic. That's there only game.

Company B also releases a 93 racing game. They also release two 95 games, an 80 and a 70.

Who has the higher average?

Answer: who cares!? Which has more games you want to play? You'll ignore the games you don't want anyway. They aren't lessening the experience with the games you DO play.

And if Microsoft doesn't release a single game in 2022 (they haven't yet and currently have none slated for this year), what is their 2022 Metacritic average? 100? 0?
How would you determine the publisher of the year? Sales? Goty award tracker? Gaf Goty?

I am just pointing out that it wasnt just diversity, pronouns or inclusitivity why MS is considered to have had the best year as a publisher.

I personally think Sony had the better year but overall the year was so unimpressive I dont even think Sony should win that award, but when it comes to the specific criteria of averaging out Metacritic scores then its obvious why MS won. If you told me Sony's two big games won more GOTYs than Halo and Forza then id be like fine, thats also a good way to determine goty.

You realize Metacritic counted Death Stranding and Ghost of Tushima 2 years in a row with their next gen upgrades they called Director Cuts, right?
I didn't know that, but at least those added a lot of content that year . . . that's still better than counting something that isn't even a game two years in a row for just a port. I think after the nostalgia factor has worn away, some of those reviewers might have a different opinion of Halo now.

Del_X

Same guy who damn near had a mental breakdown because Kyle Bosman made commentary about how hideous one of his game's art styles was

How would you determine the publisher of the year? Sales? Goty award tracker? Gaf Goty?
Whichever put out the most very good games.

I'm not even saying it shouldn't have been Microsoft. I'm just saying Metacritic average is not the way to determine that. Some publishers publish one game, others 15.

SlimySnake

Whichever put out the most very good games.

I'm not even saying it shouldn't have been Microsoft. I'm just saying Metacritic average is not the way to determine that. Some publishers publish one game, others 15.
Yeah, but the only reason why I thought it was worth the comparison because both of them shipped 3 games. Yes, one was a racing game but Sony shipped a sports game so they both even out.

If HFW, GT7 and GOW had made their 2021 dates and went on to have a lower metacritic than Forza, Halo, and psychonauts then the 6 sony games vs 3 Microsoft games metacritic average obviously it wouldnt have been a fair comparison.

Yeah, but the only reason why I thought it was worth the comparison because both of them shipped 3 games. Yes, one was a racing game but Sony shipped a sports game so they both even out.

If HFW, GT7 and GOW had made their 2021 dates and went on to have a lower metacritic than Forza, Halo, and psychonauts then the 6 sony games vs 3 Microsoft games metacritic average obviously it wouldnt have been a fair comparison.
Well Sony also had The Show. And not only was Psychonauts 2 on PlayStation, it had no association with Microsoft until the very end of production. It was a great game though.

anothertech

i dont see neither innovation nor ambition in ratchet and clank and returnal

i don't think graphical mumbo jumbo and "oh my god i can teleport between worlds in mere milliseconds" as "innovation". most of the ps exclusives stems from the exact same formula yet you call xbox games formulaic. at least those xbox games follow "different" formulas instead of the usual cutscene and mocap riddled tps game with small, prebaked levels. oh, bow too. yeah. bow is gotta be there.
I understand the trauma you've incurred. Believe me I do.

But this is just Poor argument vs... a year of nothing. Those games win by default lol

I'm not saying studio management isn't a problem (Hi Bonnie Ross), but as far as these particular delays and delays across the industry, I think it has had a bigger impact than Covid.
Honestly i actually think we are lucky to have phil when it comes to starfield, bethesda under pete hines would of released starfield in the same form as fallout 76 without any shame

So Phil is TV, Sports, Kinect guy? Last I checked he was games, games, games.
You just repeated the same thing I said... He has better PR , because MS still cannot provide a serious counter to Sony and Nintendo's games output.

They are still focusing on all the rest.... Phil doesn't talk games, he talk services.

Top Bottom