• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Day One Buy : Horizon Forbidden west or Elden Ring

Which game do you plan to buy on launch day?

• Horizon Forbidden West

Votes: 144 23.8%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 235 38.8%
  • Both

Votes: 134 22.1%
  • None .. (Don’t buy games on launch day)

Votes: 93 15.3%

• Total voters

rolandss

I want to like souls games but don’t have the time to invest getting good at them anymore so I won’t play elden ring. Horizon i moderately enjoyed the first game but didn’t finish it because it became kinda tedious once the visual sparkle wore off. If the reviews are good for forbidden west I’ll give it shot cos I’m desperate for soemthing to enjoy on ps5, as 2020 was a giant “meh”.

Last edited:

NahaNago

It would probably be horizon forbidden west if I have a ps5 by that time. I've mostly put off buying any playstation games until I get a ps5. I seriously doubt I'll buy elden ring anytime soon or if at all.

Last edited:
elden ring easily hands down without a doubt.

kinda know what you're getting which is another fantastic from software game. horizon....eh well the first was alright and it remains to be seen if they improve anything with the sequel.

Freeman76

Elden Ring, these 2 arent even in the same fucking hemisphere. Horizon ZD was generic, boring and overrated as fuck. 3 times I tried to get into that to justify my purchase but it was just so boring, really couldnt understand the reviews for that game.

Elden ring looks incredible. Already preordered and ready to die!!

Lupin25

What is the definiton of fun for you

Now this might get interesting nice subtle jab there buddy but looking at you post history i expect something like this coming particularly from you

I don’t understand people with claims like this after a game has sold 10+ mil.

Obviously, many, many people believe the game is fun for those to be so interested.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Elden Ring, these 2 arent even in the same fucking hemisphere. Horizon ZD was generic, boring and overrated as fuck. 3 times I tried to get into that to justify my purchase but it was just so boring, really couldnt understand the reviews for that game.

Elden ring looks incredible. Already preordered and ready to die!!

Same, I got it on sale and it was pretty but boring. Unless reviews make it sound too tempting I'll pass at launch. Won't have much time to play it anyway with ER so close.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Horizon!

PS5 owners BUY THE PS4 VERSION (free upgrade & $10 cheaper)

0JlnZ0k.gif

I wonder if its a one time code including on a piece of paper in the box or if its tied to each account.

I'll get both. Still debating whether to get on preorder or not. I'm certain of getting both but I'm not sure I'll have the time to play either by the time they launch hahaha

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I've always leaned Horizon just because I've never been into the Souls style games.

I guess having kids and less time has made the long excursions harder. Hell, I got an OLED Switch and also have been using the remote play for PS5 on my phone a lot so you can tell where I'm at.

I guess in some ways the Steam Deck may help when I get that as well.

DeaconOfTheDank

Gold Member
Definitely both for me, but I'm waaay more hyped for Elden Ring. Planning to play Horizon to keep me occupied for the week leading up to Elden Ring.

Pre-ordered CE for Elden Ring on PS5 and on PC. Planning to play on PC first, but I really wanted a physical copy for the gaming shelf.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I actually think I might skip both for now. Catching up on some games first, including Horizon 1. I'll get whichever goes on sale first. Unless I crack and pre-order one in the next month or so. We'll see.

My answer is both, but this is my last try with From Software/Souls games. I always end up hating them because they waste my time with the difficulty. But, everything else about them is so good!

Horizon is a certified banger, though.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Horizon for me as i simply do not have the time nor patience to "get gud" with a game like Elden Rings, i only get brief moments of gaming throughout the week and Horizon will be perfect for a bit of exploration and light(ish) combat plus i really enjoyed the first one so its a no brainer

isoRhythm

Banned
I didn't see it as any more difficult then an average AAA game that you can will your way through without "getting good".
On the hardest difficulty, you were forced to look at the weakness of each individual robot. Horizon gets easier as you learn the weaknesses of the enemies, just like any souls game.

Also, you can cheese capra pretty well.

Last edited:
On the hardest difficulty, you were forced to look at the weakness of each individual robot. Horizon gets easier as you learn the weaknesses of the enemies, just like any souls game.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the people who couldn't get over Souls difficulty aren't playing Horizon on Hard.

I liked Horizon btw and I'm most likely there Day 1 for the PC release.

Wunray

Horizon................is about to get overshadowed by another japanese open world game baby!

Eldin ring all day everyday. Still don't have a PS5 🥲

isoRhythm

Banned
Well, yeah, I can't think of many games that are easy on the hardest difficulty. Horizon isn't a difficult game on normal, the Valkyrie fights in God of War were harder.
If you complain about a game being too easy and don't play on a harder setting.. idk what to tell you?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
If you complain about a game being too easy and don't play on a harder setting.. idk what to tell you?

I'm not complaining, you said Horizon wasn't an easy game and I disagreed 🤷‍♂️

Although "not easy" and "adequately challenging" can be the same thing so I take it back

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
My answer is both, but this is my last try with From Software/Souls games. I always end up hating them because they waste my time with the difficulty. But, everything else about them is so good!

Horizon is a certified banger, though.
They don’t waste your time, they respect your time. Learn the game and fly high, with some of the most rewarding and satisfying games around. The key is to look internally at what you are doing wrong when you get stuck (99% of the time for me, it’s because I’m trying to rush).

Top Bottom