• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Day One Buy : Horizon Forbidden west or Elden Ring

Which game do you plan to buy on launch day?

• Horizon Forbidden West

Votes: 144 23.8%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 235 38.8%
  • Both

Votes: 134 22.1%
  • None .. (Don’t buy games on launch day)

Votes: 93 15.3%

• Total voters

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
What is the definiton of fun for you

Now this might get interesting nice subtle jab there buddy but looking at you post history i expect something like this coming particularly from you
I'm flattered you to wasted your time reviewing my post history. It's simple and I don't think I am alone. HZD held me for about 4 hours before I bailed from boredom, and the same can be said for every other GG game I have played.

Elden Ring is a no brainer here.

I'm getting HFW first. I haven't beat any From games but I keep buying them. This time I'm at least going to wait until Elden Ring is cheaper or I beat Demon's Souls.

Last edited:
I stopped buying PlayStation first party games day 1 after their price hike. I'll get elden ring day 1 for 20% off on PC then I'll get Horizon on sale during the summer slow period.

***Edit clarified playstation first party games.

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

Both games are worthy of day 1 purchases.

I will most likely get Elden Ring soon as I’m done with Horizon: Forbidden West since that one is releasing first.

I don’t think I will be done with Forbidden West in exactly one week, so I’ll probably be getting Elden Ring a few weeks after it’s out.

saintjules

I can never get the hang of the souls games, even though I find them interesting. Will wait for a sale on Elden Ring and get HZD day one.

HTK

Banned
I was thinking about maybe getting Elden Ring but I read up on the co-op not sure why it's so complicated and confusing to play with a friend...

saintjules

Horizon!

PS5 owners BUY THE PS4 VERSION (free upgrade & $10 cheaper)

0JlnZ0k.gif

I want my PS5 sleeve.

Elden ring for me, it's literally £20 cheaper than Horizon here in the UK which is a no brainer.

Just because it's cheaper doesn't mean it's going to be a better experience.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
First time anyones looked through my post history to be a judgmental arsehole for no reason.
I'm flattered you to wasted your time reviewing my post history.

If you do the same in reverse you're bound to find some gems. I'd recognise that Chris Redfield avatar anywhere.

Last edited:
I stopped buying PlayStation games day 1 after their price hike. I'll get elden ring day 1 for 20% off on PC then I'll get Horizon on sale during the summer slow period.

But Elden Ring is still 59.99 at launch? It's a 3P title, so no price hike, and, if you use a promo code, you can get it for like $50 bucks.

I'm going to wait til they're both 50% off and then get them because I still have Demons Souls Remake to complete, alongside Bloodborne, Returnal, Ni-Oh, and the original Horizon.

Flutta

Banned
I also both but not sure if I want Elden Ring on pc or ps5 yet. Both are 60fps or close and ps5 will have less cheaters and faster loading probably... and dualsense... and physical release
Yeah true. Im kinda used to play souls games on PC, also i need to use that damn expensive graphic card on something right lol.

But Elden Ring is still 59.99 at launch? It's a 3P title, so no price hike, and, if you use a promo code, you can get it for like $50 bucks.
correct. I'm not buying elden ring on ps5 though. I bought elden ring from greenmangaming on PC for $47. Horizon is $70. so i'll wait for it to be on sale during the summer months.

Last edited:

Melfice7

I liked Horizon alot but i cant play 2 open worlds at the same time and Elden Ring is the type of game you can lose yourself in, so that's my pick

The Shepard

Last edited:

Rubik8

Will not buy either at launch. I will buy Horizon FW first and Elden Ring later. I’m waiting for sales on both.

Filben

FROM games don't really change massively between release and after patches. Maybe one or two annoying bugs, but it's not worth waiting.
You'll never know and if you'll be right, the "worst" thing that'll happen is I get the same product at least for a better price. I am patient.

christ.... you are a fun guy.
"not playing because it is not absolute perfection"
Sure go ahead. Wait for your PC version in a year... It comes free with crashes and performance issues !

And Sekiro and Dark Souls 3 pc ports are great.

edit: To be honest. I am still deciding if I want to get Elden Ring on pc or ps5
Thank you!

It's not about perfection, though. Never said, never will. "worst" version sounded probably worse than it often is, but I objectively meant it as a comparative, not as in "it's a bad version/port/whatever". Plain as the words are: 1.0 is always (in 99%) worse than let's say 1.02 and hence the "worst" version, quite literal. That's all I was saying.
And If the PC version won't come free of crashes and performance issue, I'll keep waiting. Same standards apply there, too. Nothing to do with which platform you wanna game on.

Hope this cleared up some stuff. Have a great evening!

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Honestly, don't understand that you have to choose. Just buy HFW first as it comes first, finish it, then buy Elden Ring if you like that game as well. I won't buy Elden Ring as I don't like Souls games but if interested in it I won't be choosing, just buying what comes first then buying the other after.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Elden ring!!!!

Ok, i don’t have a PS5 nor any intentions to, but I’m going by the experience I got from Horizon zero dawn on PC, got bored at roughly 75%, it’s really not my favourite open world, I felt I was playing out of justification for the price I paid. Looks pretty, just not as fun as I had hoped.

Kokoloko85

Ill be buying both, but Elden Ring is on another level for me.
Cant wait to digg into that after my course is finished

Last edited:
Honestly, don't understand that you have to choose. Just buy HFW first as it comes first, finish it, then buy Elden Ring if you like that game as well. I won't buy Elden Ring as I don't like Souls games but if interested in it I won't be choosing, just buying what comes first then buying the other after.
Not everyone has time to blaze through a open world game in 7 days. Did you noticed that I said "which one are you putting up at launch?"

Also some people don't like playing two games at the same time.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

I will probably wait for PC version of Horizon to get a different player model. Elden is dia UNO.

And I wonder why people keep denying porting to PC is a bad idea for Playstation. PSN will lose money because of middleman Steam, and lots of people won’t buy a PS5 because they can get the games on PC.

Yes some people won’t buy a Playstation for 1 or a few games, but for some people: God of War, Horizon 2, Spiderman 2, GT7, Final Fnatasy 16 it would be enough to buy a console

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
None day one ps5 game pricing is fucking retarded.

There are not enough ps5’s currently so prices drop like crazy..

I will pick both when they hit 30-40 or within 3 months

rofif

Banned
You'll never know and if you'll be right, the "worst" thing that'll happen is I get the same product at least for a better price. I am patient.

Thank you!

It's not about perfection, though. Never said, never will. "worst" version sounded probably worse than it often is, but I objectively meant it as a comparative, not as in "it's a bad version/port/whatever". Plain as the words are: 1.0 is always (in 99%) worse than let's say 1.02 and hence the "worst" version, quite literal. That's all I was saying.
And If the PC version won't come free of crashes and performance issue, I'll keep waiting. Same standards apply there, too. Nothing to do with which platform you wanna game on.

Hope this cleared up some stuff. Have a great evening!
There is an argument to be said about experiencing the launch day version. Almost like it was shipped to gold. It's not the best experience... but it is interesting :p

Top Bottom