• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle Early Demo Gameplay

faisalasif

HI , Leonardo Interactive for providing me early demo Access for Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle. The demo will be available for everyone.

Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle is a third-person story-driven survival horror game prequel to the critically acclaimed Daymare: 1998. Grab technologically advanced weapons and prepare to face never-before-seen creatures while you make your way through a series of frightfully evocative settings. Invader Studios.

Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle Demo (PC) 4K 60FPS Gameplay​

tommib

I bought Daymare: 1998 full price back in the day and regret it. It’s ok for a couple of levels but it becomes too hard and it’s just too rough of a technical experience. Never finished it.

Puzzles are good and it can be scary. I hope the sequel is more forgiving.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'll get it to show support.

Daymare 1998 definitely showed potential, but the game has some serious issues. The UI was pretty hard to navigate, and the higher difficulty clip reloading mechanic was a complete nightmare, seemed to always cause me issues. Daymare 1994 looks like an improvement but curious what the UI is like.

ParaSeoul

These games try so hard to emulate the look and feel of the RE Remake games. I don't understand that. Even those games have shortcomings and they're made by a team with far more experience and budget,trying to copy them will just give you a watered down version.

hlm666

I'll get it to show support.

Daymare 1998 definitely showed potential, but the game has some serious issues. The UI was pretty hard to navigate, and the higher difficulty clip reloading mechanic was a complete nightmare, seemed to always cause me issues. Daymare 1994 looks like an improvement but curious what the UI is like.
I finished the first one but by the end I was pretty over it. If they can tighten up the gunplay and make it feel like it has some weight it would go a long way to making the combat enjoyable unlike the first one.

TonyK

"critically acclaimed"
Austin Powers Movie GIF

TwinB242

Demo was a disappointment for me. The unique reload system from the first game is gone, making it play like a much more straightforward TPS. But even that aspect feels worse because instead of zombies you're fighting these weird humanoid Dead Space looking monsters that materialize out of nowhere and charge you in groups. What makes that even worse is the fact that they are impervious to bullets unless you freeze them with some weird fire extinguisher attached to your arm. Then you can clumsily shoot them afterwards.

Im really not sure what they were thinking, this new direction seems worse in nearly every way and its not at all what I wanted from a Daymare followup.

Last edited:

hlm666

Demo was a disappointment for me. The unique reload system from the first game is gone, making it play like a much more straightforward TPS. But even that aspect feels worse because instead of zombies you're fighting these weird humanoid Dead Space looking monsters that materialize out of nowhere and charge you in groups. What makes that even worse is the fact that they are impervious to bullets unless you freeze them with some weird fire extinguisher attached to your arm. Then you can clumsily shoot them afterwards.

Im really not sure what they were thinking, this new direction seems worse in nearly every way and its not at all what I wanted from a Daymare followup.
Havn't had a chance to look at it yet but judging by what your saying about the combat this sounds like going in the wrong direction. If the range of that freeze thing isn't long (and judging by the pipe freezing in the trailer probably not) it sounds like melee would be better than guns?

TwinB242

Havn't had a chance to look at it yet but judging by what your saying about the combat this sounds like going in the wrong direction. If the range of that freeze thing isn't long (and judging by the pipe freezing in the trailer probably not) it sounds like melee would be better than guns?

Unless I missed something there is no melee in the traditional sense. There is something called a melee finisher, which is basically a ground pound type of move that can only be triggered when an enemy grabs you and it does push them back a bit while also freezing them slightly.

This game's combat design makes very little sense to me overall.

Last edited:
I was 100% going to pass but that stupid bright blue led on the back in dark rooms is just stupid af so now I'll 1000% not going to play it.

Bartski

Gold Member
Even though I dropped Daymare 1996 twice encountering game-breaking bugs that would make me restart it the third time around, no thanks, I still had some fun with it. It's a trashy, retro, cliche zombie B horror game and I'm just into that.

What this is however I really don't know.

Someone thought it's a good idea to swap zombies with electric ghouls spawning doom style, blasting them with a freeze cannon.

So 1996 was shit but a charming one. 1994 is supposed to be its prequel but doesn't feel retro at all, rather like an indie 3rd person poor sci-fi action-adventure on a budget.

Might have tighter shooting, movement and better graphics than its predecessor but I'm not sure who wanted that.

Top Bottom